Do you guys still play with Your transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by EpsilonFangs, May 26, 2019.

1. MonaLazaBeak

MonaLazaBeak <Witty saying goes here>

Yes. I grab a couple every now and then and transform them, like now while I’m drinking coffee with my wife.
    98BA3FDF-DCF6-42EC-B565-109C9AA0C28A.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Topshelf

Topshelf Well-Known Member

I used to open everything, but a friend of mine keeps his unopened and displayed hanging, and it looks like a toy store. And I found o like that, as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Only the smaller/simpler ones. We really need a line designed like the original GoBots. Decently proportioned figures, without stupidly designed ball joints and chintzy greebling for greebling's sake.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sadsfas

sadsfas Well-Known Member

Yes, so much that there's an unholy amount of pain chipping on most figures.

Even when sometimes I have more important stuff to get done though...

• Like Like x 1
  5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Still do, yup.

I'm fidgety, my hands and brain are constantly moving (they need not be lol) so it helps to transform them back and forth rather than sit there and let my mind wander and fret.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

Rarely, but I like looking at them!

• Like Like x 1
  7. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Of course! What else am I supposed to do with them?

• Like Like x 3
  8. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Yes, because the alternative is that they just hang out in their boxes or stand around on shelves collecting dust.

Oh.......wait...........

• Like Like x 2
  9. Datatoa

Datatoa Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I am 24 years old, and my figures get played with so much, either posing them for photos, or just bashing them (gently) together like you used to as a kid.

I am constantly coming up with little stories, about who's fighting and why, stories of betrayal, intrigue and heroism, all played out by the little plastic toys on my desk.

It's honestly the reason I collect.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Capricious Chill

when I buy a new one or a new one comes in the mail I give it top priority for a while, transforming back and forth, posing, weapon placement, then after about a week I put the weapons away in a tackle box and focus on the figure itself for a few more days before it becomes equal with the collection. At that point I just bring down any that are easy to reach and give them a play for a bit, unless one of y'all say something interesting about a bot I happen to have in a box somewhere and inspire me to dig it out.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

I try to yes!

• Like Like x 1
  12. strawb3rrypanic

strawb3rrypanic Active Member

I-Im totally not on part 8 of an ongoing 12 part storyline or anything like that nope...

• Like Like x 3
  13. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

Play with them like set up Decepticon and Autobot bases and have an overall plot to what I'm marionette-ing my toys to act out? No. Take one off the shelf and admire the build and sculpt quality, transform it, take pictures on occasion to post here for what ever reason? Yes.

• Like Like x 2
  14. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I pose and transform them frequently and have recently begun setting up scenes to take pictures of them. Mostly they just sit there looking pretty, but if a figure is not built well enough to be messed around with a bit without paint flaking or joints cracking it's not a figure worthy of my collection. So, sorta, but it's mostly me just putting figures into poses to admire their engineering and sculpt.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rockHard

rockHard Well-Known Member

Yeah I play with them, transforming, posing and some photography. I leave the smashing and sound effects to my son.

I like to take a CW/PotP combiner team from all bot modes, to alt modes and then combined mode. I don't display them, just keep them in boxes and get em out to play on most days.

Triple changers are fun too, but most of those we have gotten lately (looking at you TR!) were just flimsy and no fun to mess with. T30 Springer, Sandstorm, Whirl ... goodtimes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. EpsilonFangs

EpsilonFangs Started the War on Cybertron over a cookie

Lol yeah I get what you mean, I wouldn't do that ether!

Am actually hoping to me some more combiners, I've always like the amount of art work they have, Hehee Im bad at sound effects!

Thats one of things that get me the most is the amount of details some of them have, it has to take time to create something like that. Taking pics of them sound cool too actually due to the possibilities of most transformers you probably take good pics.

Wow I didn't see it like that, I'm in college right now or really I'm not yet (Summer break) I figured I could use this time to study before I go back.

I don't study all the time but sometimes I do tend to overwork myself. Whenever I do actually play with Transformers it's maybe to take a break, ease so stress or mainly just have some fun for once and a while.

Don't worry College life can be stressful but I'm pretty sure we can do it, just takes allot of time.

That's understandable too! Hehee I didn't even think if the fact that people would still assume you played with them, I mean your buying them but it's not really there business. Also yeah I've been trying to find one that isn't too hard, maybe a simply smooth transformation

Im really into Jets so I was thinking of trying to find a Starscream I saw awhile back it's a remake of Armada's Starscream

My dude is chilling!

Yeah I'm not big on some of them, however if the transformer could look cool but once you get it could be a floor, Because I had that problem before I started looking up toy reviews.

In highschool's I'd use my 3DS and stop motion picture tool it came with to do mini transformation videos.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2019
  17. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

If I did have the urge to fiddle with them, I wouldn’t buy them. I’m a fiddler/tinkerer.

18. EpsilonFangs

EpsilonFangs Started the War on Cybertron over a cookie

Thats a good way of reliving stress, of there's anything I know I do it's stress, just thinking about transformers is enough to take my mind off something completely though because I started getting insecure about it, It became harder for me to get rid of stress...

I don't really have anyone I can talk too about my stress, (mainly just personal stuff) but doing what I like does get rid of it.

That's Sideswipe and barricade, I think sorry it's been awhile. It's actually cool to be with someone who accepts you for you.

Vibes like that get me super excited, it's like waking up my inner child!

Oh no it's always different for me...lol if I don't continue the story.

Love it can be annoying to get one of those figures that are extremely difficult to transform lol I recently saw a YouTube vid on the basics on the Gobots, and there toys look pretty cool still.

Well hey you need a break sometimes right?

Trying is still something.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2