Do you ever worry about exchanging what you think maybe a defective figure?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Alucard77, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    talk about getting some real screwed up toys.....

2. tekering

tekering The Ref

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm an early adopter, and assembly-line problems often don't get caught right away.
    Considering all the third-party product I buy (pretty much all of it), I've been pretty lucky...
    For the most part, I've had no problems with the figures I receive.

No, but the wires in the arm were snapped, so the gun never lit up.
    It's a simple issue to fix (if I ever find my soldering iron)...

I don't like to cause trouble for the retailers, much less the third parties themselves -- these guys are unsung heroes to me -- so unless it's an issue I can't correct myself, I don't bother them with it.

3. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Yes.

What was the point of exchanging Huff? They were pretty much all fucked-up to one degree or another from paint to popped hinges to fused joints. I look at that figure and wonder what the fuck I'm even doing wasting time and money in this hobby. I'm getting a similar feeling from Snake-hips Stack too. Two months in and he can't stand up and he's a V2 so I really do feel for the poor bastards that got shafted with V1.

Otherwise I generally just try and fix stuff myself (Scoria!) or resolve never to buy that Company's product ever again (Cubex, KFC, X-Transbots and the list is growing.......) and chalk it up to expensive experience.

FT better deliver a freaking immaculate Soar or I think I'm done trusting ANYONE to produce "MP" analogues again. Christ even Takara can barely do it these days..........

And I'll stick to the tried and tested CHUG path......

4. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

You could say the same about women, that getting bad ones is a nightmare...and come to the same conclusion, to just stick to chuggin' instead.

I don't think that's a very good plan...

;)