Do you ever feel like there is too much.-Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by blastoff2334, Jan 13, 2021.

1. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    When I was thinning the herd several years back, one criterion was, "Do I remember who this is?" If I couldn't remember the character's name, he was a prime candidate for selling. I figured if I couldn't remember who the figure represented, I was unlikely to need it for a display or story.

I tried to be somewhat conservative in how much I sold, though - if I regretted a sale, it would be hard to get the figure back. Thus far I haven't missed any of them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well.. if I did that, I'd be screwed as I have to look up names of any non-main figures all the time. But again, I never bought for character, I bought for the figure itself. I love jets, tanks and spaceships and anything that's science-fiction type. And even now, I started Siege with the "I might get this whole line" mentality at first as the first 2 waves were that impressive... but then the micromasters where loose and fairly crappy compared to what they could/should have been and stopped getting those, then the recolors for characters that didn't do anything for me (but again, if it did work for my "I like this", I did get it)... and then the exclusive bull-shit... oddly enough I did end up getting everything I wanted from Siege (except for Redwing that I ended up doing one as a custom from a Starscream, but it turned out great, better than the official one, so not an issue), but I also started doing customs, something I never did before... Earthrise was a few of the same "most have", but a LOT of crappy ones, so that make it easier. Kingdom is a gift, with no interest in Beasts or Bones, I'm getting a huge break for my waller... even SS86 is a split, and Hot Rod and Scourge being the only two so far that grabbed me.

I have to admit that in the last year, I did end up getting a lot of figures that weren't really part of my "must-have", but that I needed for my story.... fodder stuff, and army building a bit.

But as a idea of my office, this is what it was like last year (note that it's not showing all of it):

DSC04709.JPG DSC05898.JPG DSC06604.JPG
    Right now, it's in chaos because of my story which had me have to pull a lot of figures off the shelves, only to be replaced by other ones.

But for me, I do remember every figure I have, and would miss it, as when I take the time, I do go in my tool/storage room and will go through my other figures and do a rotation on some.

• Like Like x 2
  3. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    So. Let’s get down to business...
    247656D9-EED5-40D2-A20E-F9F138DB4C24.jpeg
    I have reworked all the current shelves. Some kept similar and some have one or two figures added. Still looking to ditch some more figures, so far a total of atleast 50 have been ditched and are all on eBay and 4 of them are in a bin out of sight out of mind until I decide what I wanna do with them. The seekers: took a few out, just 3, and transformed them all into what I used to have them displayed as with star scream in the center in robot mode. Decepticons reworked, autobots had a lot taken out and the shelf feels breathable now. The first 4 are my examples to go off of for shelving, beast wars shelf redone, and looks 10x better with that god Neptune combined instead of all individual. The group of random autobots was messed with, with me ending up ditching all my headmasters because I never liked them. I may keep chrome done though idk yet. Also there is one insanely cluttered shelf u will notice, and that’s the top left with allllll the primes
    3B1ED38D-984D-4DDE-B592-82E06BC882CF.jpeg
    this shelf is only missing 2 primes that are on display in another room, that being Pepsi convoy and alternate universe Optimus because I ha w a thing for primes and always have. It will be something that I won’t ever let go away just because I enjoy a design with some sort of Primus apotheosis put into it. The biggest figure in there is that sdcc optimal Optimus on his throne. That’s also why it’s so cramped but I can live with just this one shelf being like this.
    Anyways that’s my tangent and thank you all for helping me fix my issues with the collection. Gonna be ditching maybe 10 more figures but for the most part I can live with what I got. Getting a wall shelf for my quintessons other than that I’m done. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Yeah, I realized my collection was too big so a thinned it out and refocused.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nemesis Reformatted

Nemesis Reformatted Banned

Selling my Transformers in the past is my biggest regret. There is no way to get them back at a decent price now. I'm constantly kicking myself for being so stupid. It's painful every time I see figures I used to have.

6. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    Got some closure on my issues today...
    redid all my stuff
    So far sold 30 figures for 20 left to sell maybe some more
    But I added a 3rd shelf and legit this feels SOOOOOOO much better than it used to be
    DF305D2A-996B-483A-89A5-8252BBA5EBA9.jpeg

• Like Like x 1