do you buy/keep the box packaging?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TIKnTIN, Jul 19, 2020.

?

Do you buy and keep your original 3p packaging?

1. yes, i try to always buy boxed and keep everything

2. no, i buy loose figures and throw out any packaging if received

3. i keep some packaging for certain 3p brands or i find nicely designed and throw out the rest

4. i keep packaging for 3P MP scale and don't bother with direct KO or legend, etc

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

I don't have enough space. Save for rare instances I throw out my boxes

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bustermaster

Bustermaster HEAD ON!, GOD ON!, BRAIN SET!

Nah with the introduction of box art posters and desktop downloads there’s no point to keep the box unless it’s a original 80’s japanese box

• Like Like x 1
  3. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have too much shit to keep boxes for everything. Usually I'll keep the boxes for official masterpiece figures. I also keep the packaging for statues because it makes it easier if I have to move again. If it's a really nice box I'll randomly keep it too. But most everything gets recycled anymore. It's hard to do it because I really like a lot of the packaging, but it's a waste of space (as is my entire collection, but shut up)

I used to keep boxes for resale purposes, but I don't care anymore. I'm not selling anything any time soon. What's odd is that it seems like resale value is the number one reason people keep boxes around. But 90% of the time the only reason the buyer wants the box is for resale value too. Everyone is just passing around garbage because everyone thinks the next guy really likes the garbage.

4. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

u guys also keep the box the tv u bought came in? the oven box? the microwave box??

• Like Like x 1
  5. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Tried to do so as a matter of fact for the MPs....First time in my collecting days too....But space is becoming a problem so Id have to choose between boxes and space for more figures. I would prefer more space for figures.

6. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

actually for some things, i have. :oops:  but mostly to use as storage for other things in the basement.

7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL Dang, you goin' there...

o_O  I spoke too soon.

8. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN unknown member

:lol 

9. Bryman022

Bryman022 Well-Known Member

I keep all my boxes and packaging, most of the boxes I display. I also keep them not just cause I like them but in case I ever have to sell(hopefully never) I think it will add to the value and it's probably more likely to sell faster if it's complete with box and all.

That said I will buy used figures even if they don't have the box and stuff, if the price is right and/or it's a hard figure to find.