Do You Buy K.Os and Why?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TheIronBot, Feb 16, 2017.

1. TheIronBot

TheIronBot Well-Known Member

Hi! My question is if you guys buy K.Os and why you do or dont. I personally haven't decided if i want to or not.

2. joshtheninja

joshtheninja Well-Known Member

I do. I don't play with toys, so these are display peices. As long as it replicates the look I am good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

You mean straight KOs like the carbots? I have a KO MP Prowl, Red Alert and Bumblebee. Also a KBB Skywarp. (Incidentally, out of those - Skywarp is great, Prowl is okay, Red Alert has an annoying defect I have to either fix or throw him out and Bumblebee I replaced with an official because the Spike exosuit was a writeoff).

I mostly bought them because I was curious how close to the officials they were. I usually only buy them if I have or plan to have an official version of the same mould - I'm not really keen on spending a lot of money on repaints or minor redecoes of moulds I own already.

Another reason - with the MP11 seekers, prices can be ridiculously inflated at least over here. Might change due to recent reissues, but when I was looking for them it was a bit nuts.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Because they're cheap !!! :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  5. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

What figure is it your deciding to get or not get? Some KOs are straight up garbage and others are better than the original.

6. TheIronBot

TheIronBot Well-Known Member

I was maybe gonna do cassettes. Whifh are better then original?

7. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

I never bought the KO cassettes. I had missed the original release of MP Soundwave and waited for the recent reissue to get Soundwave and the cassettes. I did get the Ocular Max RMX01 Jaguar. Yeah its much bigger than the standard mp cassettes. I really like this version of Ravage.

8. MatrixBearer85

MatrixBearer85 Well-Known Member

yeah, i bought the NeoArts MMC 1:1 Feralcons copy because its too late for me to start collecting the MMC version.

9. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Why not ask in the tons of other threads that we have this topic on?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rewbot12

Rewbot12 Well-Known Member

As long as they are good, I'll be fine with'em.

11. Jeriboy54

Jeriboy54 Well-Known Member

I have, in the last 2 weeks. I'm not necessarily against buying KO like some other collectors. I've previously bought KO Ronin Warriors figure, due to bad QC issues so I didn't want to pay $200. Since my authentic one came broken out the box and the seller said I was SOL.

I try not to buy KO but those Weijiang MPP-10 spurred some interest. Since Chinese new year was in affect, I bought MPP-10B ($120) on impulse. I've been throughly impressed with the overall quality, now I have another on the way. If I can't get my hands on a product or the secondary value for it is too high like MP-10B ($250+) I'll make an exception.

12. Artereis

Artereis Well-Known Member

The only knockoff I've purchase was MP Ratbat. I could see possibly buying others if I needed spare parts or something.

13. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

They fill a need whether it's cheaper or the only thing available. They have vastly improved and some have even surpassed the official versions. Some people are butt hurt about KOs, but Takara has done it to themselves for charging crazy prices for seekers with shitty QC. If you want to collect MPs but need to cut corners on saving money, it's only logical to do so. Here are some KOs that I purchased.

-MP Tigertracks: Is just as good as MP Red Alert and Sideswipe. I did have to shave off a little plastic on a piece for the abdomen to snap together, but only minor.
    -MP Ratbat: No issues, just as good as an official one.
    -MP Skywarp: I bought the BB7/Yes Model version. It actually had better quality than my official Starscream, Thundercracker, Sunstorm and Acidstorm. It was very sturdy and cost around $100, instead of close to $200 for the official.
    -MP Coneheads: I bought all three Yes Model versions. All great quality with no issues on QC that riddled the official versions. I doubt the official Dirge will fix the issues that Ramjet and Thrust had. Like the BB7 Skywarp, they cost around $100 not around $200.
    -Oversized MP Grimlock: Fits in with my Fanstoys dinobots. The shoulders are tight as fuck, but they show no signs of breaking. Plus it's cheaper than the official version.
    -Machine Boy KO deluxe Powerglide: It's like $10 on eBay, but deluxe sized and has no loose components.

Look at reviews on YouTube from RocketPunchArmy and Benscollectables (Ben does have a tendency love everything, though) to see some KO videos. Also, try to buy from tf-direct.com if you want to buy KOs. They sell what they advertise instead of trying to rip you off. Don't buy from them if you live in Italy or if your name is Tyuan, lol.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  14. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

Significantly better price, some mold fixes, oversized options, and sometimes extra accessories- why would you not buy KOs?

• Like Like x 4
  15. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Yup. Started with a few carbots. Onto seekers now.
    Cost is a factor. Also the ko is an upgrade in quality if you do your research.
    Plus, as prices on official went up and quality went down, my concept of brand loyalty went bye bye

• Like Like x 1
  16. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I got all the KO Cassettes. Ravage is loose as a goose. The rest are fine.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

G1 Sunstreaker, Wheeljack and Mirage. The reason? It is the most cost effective way of getting those figures without the eBay roulette of "fantastic condition 9/10" = pile of shite chipped and yellowed + expensive.

I wish Takara would use some profits to re-engineer them and the Dinobots.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Keldroc

Keldroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. Rather give my money to the people who did the creative work, be it third party or HasTak.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker

I only have one KO in my collection if I think about it, and that would be MP Ratbat.

• Like Like x 2
  20. researchicon

researchicon Well-Known Member

Because when I bought the Mazda, it wasn't because I didn't the like shade of blue paint on the Mercedes ;-).

KO Skywarp, cassettes, smokescreen, red alert, Wheeljack etc.

• Like Like x 1