Do you believe in Ghosts or UFOs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tracer, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I I believe everything I heard about it, whatever it was at least killed a couple of dogs, so I like to think other local dogs in the area teamed up and obliterated it in some epic adventure.

2. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

I've been sitting on a story but haven't told it due to my fear of being visited by the government. I will divulge one part. I had a relative who passed away last year. He used to be in the Air Force and worked as a mechanic. He worked on a lot of interesting things. At a family reunion I asked him and UFO's and what not. He said they're real. I also asked him about Area 51 and he said he used to work there. By the way he was from Las Vegas. An interesting tidbit that he told me was that the workers there never call the place Area 51. He says they all laugh at the media for calling it that. I asked him what they call it and he said they don't call it anything, it's just "there". He said the closest thing that some there call it is Dreamland, as that has always been one of the names given by the media.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I can only imagine what "Dreamland" could REALLY mean. Interesting stuff, I've always heard if you try to Google Maps Area 51 it's just a giant black blur.

4. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Considering this is pretty much the same kind of stuff Bob Lazar has been saying since the late 80's (right down to the Dreamland nickname), I doubt you'll be receiving any men in black visitations anytime soon. Not to cast doubt on your relative's story, though - that is a pretty common kind of statement from people in the Air Force or in other related fields.

I mean, you can literally do that right now and see that it isn't.

Not that this proves anything, mind - it's still an active military site, so it would be reasonable to assume that the Google Maps images are edited in some way. Either way, it seems unlikely to me that Area 51 is used for anything more than relatively mundane aerospace-related projects, just as it always has been (i.e. stealth fighters, drones, other experimental aircraft). Not that I'm saying it couldn't have been a place for UFOs/aliens, but I myself am moderately skeptical of that claim.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  5. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Well, what I posted isn't even the good stuff he told me.

6. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut snack TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Intelligent life in space is too intelligent to ever visit us....

I don't believe in ghosts but I do believe the zombie apocalypse is imminent.

• Like Like x 1
  7. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For aliens, the math implies that we just can't be alone in the universe, the question will be how advanced they will be for their intelligence, culture wise, science, mentality, etc. as here on this planet for all the advancement we've done, we're still very primitive and too much lacks the maturity required for us to move forward as fast as we could otherwise. The odds of us even getting there (space travel) before we end up destroying ourselves are feeling slim at this point, so the odds of another planet managing to face with this evolution is similarly low, but I would love to find out before I die and hopefully the work to reach space travel would mean that they would be "unlightened" and not coming here for food and resources.

For the supernatural, I believe in energies, some have more than others, and some can either see or influence the environment more than others. For ghosts, the debate that it's it would be a person's energy that's lingering, or if the person's soul (or whatever one would call it) that's staying behind, etc. there's so many possibilities that it's impossible to know, and on top of that, if there was actual confirmable proof of the afterlife or that something follows, we'd end up with massive suicide numbers most probably. Any proof of anything beyond life absolutely needs to stay "hidden" for the very reason that people wouldn't be able to accept or handle it, and part of the supernatural would be to be able to stay hidden, unseen or unconfirmable as such. I've lived a number of instances that would fall into the category of "unexplained" (beyond just ghosts and such) but I try to look at it from an open minded mindset and take it for what it might have been about.

• Like Like x 1
  8. IDWDrift

IDWDrift Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Both. I certainly believe in spirits, because I believe there has to be something after you die other than eternal nothingness. I also believe in UFOs / aliens, because in a universe as big as ours there’s bound to be something else alive off of Earth.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    I've had an interesting thought involving astral projection, sleep paralysis/night terrors, and some shadow people. What if the reason you sometimes see a shadow person standing there when you're having a bout of SP/NT, is because you astral projected and are seeing yourself?

10. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Well....how about this new thing that was just shot over Alaska? o_O 

11. Subdurmal

Subdurmal Well-Known Member

Link?

12. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Google it my dude, it's all over the news.

13. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

If by "ghost" is meant an incorporeal manifestation being capured by consciusness, then yes I do believe. If it is understood by the Spirit, I also believe. This is not the place to go in-depth on these matters, however. Regarding aliens, I believe that we are not alone in this vast universe, it would be very pretentious to believe something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Subdurmal

Just read about it. Total Ballon from what I read.

15. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    That was shot down a few days ago, this was shot today, not a balloon.

16. Subdurmal

Floating in the wind on radar since Thursday, no signs of propulsion or crew.

If an intergalactic vessel was to appear over us I do believe it would have capabilities to avoid a smow moving missile bro.

I've seen objects in the past that I can't explain due to their movements. But this just screams balloon to me from all descriptions of it.

17. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I'd like to see what you're reading then, because all I'm seeing is that they're describing it as an "object the size of a small car" that was shot down today over Alaska. The balloon was shot down a few days ago over South Carolina.

18. Subdurmal

This one...

US shoots down 'high-altitude object' over Alaska, White House says

19. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Well from what the article says, they don't know what it is:

Asked if was "balloon-like," the official said, "All I say is that it wasn't 'flying' with any sort of propulsion, so if that is 'balloon-like' well -- we just don't have enough at this point."

Which is to say they do but will not tell us what it is.

20. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Can't fault Dorothy for not returning to Kansas in a balloon.