Do you believe in Ghosts or UFOs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tracer, Jun 14, 2017.

1. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think because filming in the night is not efficient even with a cellphone or a smartphone.

2. sevenlima

Ebay:
  3. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Ghosts? No...I've lost too many close friends and relatives that did not want to go, and they have yet to communicate with me so nah.

UFO's: sure why not. A previously undiscovered insect is a UFO. A reflective tinfoil wrapper stuck in an updraft is a UFO. St. Elmo's Fire is a documented yet infrequent enough weather phenomenon that people could mistake it for a UFO. Certainly new flight vehicles being tested are coomonly unidentifiable until they become declassified.

To my point, I'm a skeptic and everything has a reasonable explanation even if we aren't able to calculate it yet. And based on the law of averages, if for every one of a million stars out there there was even one planet with intelligent, sapient life, there would be hundreds if not thoudands of them. Many much older than our own "advanced" civilization. I just don't think we would be considered half-way interesting to visit and certainly not wort the effort to poof us out of existence when we're doing that to ourselves.

4. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

5. sevenlima

Ebay:
  6. ByteBack

ByteBack Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This is the first time that the U.S. Military has released or officialy confirmed UFO footage, right?

I'm wondering what the motivation behind this is? Is it just a simple case of "what harm can it do?" or is it a gentle introduction to "Hey folks, meet our new alien pals! They've been here for a while!".

I'm kidding of course. Well. Sort of. Despite the quality of the video, the objects are pretty indistinct - very difficult to make out any details, so there's still a big question of it's just some sort of natural phenomena or something else, more mundane in nature? I WANT to believe. But until Kup steps off a transport and declares "ba-weep-gra-na-weep-ninny-bong", I'm going to be extremely skeptical of these videos being evidence of any sort of extra terrestrial intelligence.

• Like Like x 4
  7. sevenlima

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DiamondTiara

DiamondTiara Class President TFW2005 Supporter

I 100% believe in both of them. I've seen UFO's, I haven't seen ghosts but I believe in them as well. There is more than meets the eye about this reality in which we live.

9. sevenlima

Ebay:
    These videos launched by Pentagon is part of something bigger.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

Yeah, I got a feeling. I'd be surprised if they were ETs though. I would think a race that could build starships would be smart enough to avoid us.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    These videos are old - they have been around for years and are most certainly not new.

The "UFO" recorded is largely attributed to a glitch in the new radar system they were recorded on. The pilots were not familiar with the new system and didn't know how to use it properly. It explains why the "UFO" looks and acts the same in the videos - they were recorded on the same new system.

Nothing special here. Don't put any faith in these videos showing anything extraordinary.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. sevenlima

Ebay:
    They could be old, but i think only this time they make them official.

13. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Making them "official" doesn't mean squat - it's the same old video that's already done the rounds.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DiamondTiara

DiamondTiara Class President TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah well, if this was a glitch it wouldn't be released to the public like this and they would be acknowledging that it is one. But it's not.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I've just always enjoyed how all these sightings of UFO's, Big Foot, aliens, Loch Ness, ghosts, etc etc etc. conveniently stopped once everyone and their dog started carrying around HD cameras in their pockets, and whenever a new one DOES show up, surprise surprise, it's taken at night with a super zoom so that it's conveniently pixelated & blurred to all hell and back.

Sure says a lot about the legitimacy & credibility (read: lack thereof) of 98% of all those oldie time videos everyone has studied, believed and/or debated for decades.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Prove it isn't a glitch. I've read up on it, people who know far more than me about the largely untested and brand new radar system these were shot on and the circumstances involved say glitch. Did I miss the official government statement that says "we know it's not a glitch"?

Do you seriously think if it was truly some alien UFO and the government believed as much, they would release it? That's not how the government works. They release crap like this BECAUSE it's nothing.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Here's a good explanation of the videos.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

I believe in both. I won't talk of UFOs because it could lead to a discussion with flamewars.

As for ghosts, I've experienced too much to NOT to believe in them. But I'm not one of those who watch a supposed video recording of a ghosts like a orb flying across the screen with a "LOOK, LOOK, LOOK, LOOK, LOOK! It's a ghost! Look! There is a bunch of ghosts! They are everywhere! We have proof!!!"

No. That is dust. You are in a old building that no one has used in years. Dust is everywhere.
    No, you are in a small forest or in a country side or moist area and those are insects.
    Small light in a mirror? A Honda Accord just drove by.

There are a lot of logical explanations but are rare moments (rarer than finding a low level shiny Dratini with a perferred nature and gender with Pokérus) that a ghost is heard and/or seen.

• Like Like x 5
  19. sevenlima

Ebay:
  20. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    Both.