do thundercats tigersharks and silverhawks share a animated universe?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by redwolfbear, Jan 28, 2018.

1. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    if silverhawks takes place on a future earth pre apocalypse

and thundercats takes place on a post apocalyptic earth even farther into the future

then where exactly does tigersharks fit into that continuity?

did they ever get aroudn to explaining the series of events that resulted in that apocalypse event anyways that transformed earth into the post apocalyptic 3rd earth ?

2. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    According to Thundercats 2011(12?) T-Cats and Tigersharks do share the same universe. In fact, there was an episode that showed various races imprisoned in cells on Mum-Ra's ship. Tigersharks were amongst those races.

3. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

That same episode (I think ) also showed Mon-Star from Silverhawks, so at least in the new series, they were part of the same universe...

• Like Like x 2
  4. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    i be curiouse what caused the world ending apocalypse in the original 80's thundercats series what wiht 3rd earth being so primitive and in ruins for the most part

5. GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet Well-Known Member

Yeah, the creators of that show had HUGE plans to crossover all of those shows, but they got canned before that.

6. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Third earth is said to be old earth but we later see humans went to other planets like the evil chaser who is a female cop. So humans didn't just stay on earth but went to other planets. Strange thing is the old earth is another planet in the comic crossovers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They also found another planet with a hero with a sword. (he-mans mom is from old earth only adds to the confusion.)

[​IMG]

7. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    omg i love that motu thundercats storyline when it comes to mumm-ra and skeletor teaming up to become mummator lol

that and cringer become a thudnerian battlecat lol

what really stole the shoe for me storyline wise was seeing man at arms make new friends with panthro and tygra the way the 3 kept playing off each other vitriolic best buddy wise just kracked me up real good

• Like Like x 1
  8. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Silverhawks is so stupid that it doesn't deserve to be in the same universe as Thundercats. Their literal universe doesn't make sense. Why are they falling in space? That show probably inspired a generation of idiots.

9. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Silverhawks has great designs and toys and a pretty awful storyline.

10. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    80's logic ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Without the 80's we have nothing, nothing!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They had the 'Now you know'-like bits at the end to atone for their sins against science. :D 

13. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I loved that cameo in the show. I think if it had continued, we would have seen more of that. And the main villain of Silverhawks also appeared in that flashback episode as an underling of Mumm-Ra.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    Yep. It was a great reboot of the series, but CN's greedy asses wasn't pleased enough to warrant season 2.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You would not know that judging by the reaction of "fans". Remember when TFW2005 had a Thundercats sister site before it went defunct due to lack of interest (and any real news)? I posted there when the new cartoon aired, and maaaan the incredible hostility and burning hatred the old-timer fans had for the show was ridiculous. I mean, I can kinda understand it since unlike many 80ies shows, this was the first reboot Thundercats ever had, so this was kinda that fandom's Beast Wars, but still, it probably did not help things.
    I wish we could "kickstart" a new season same as it was done for Young Justice. Also wish we had gotten more toys... I recently purchased the 4-inch Grune and the Thunderkittens, pity they never got the 6 inch figures. Were there any prototypes leaked of toys that could have happened that didn't?

And in 2017, Star Wars did the same thing with gravity-defying space bombs. Maybe the writers grew up on Silverhawks? :D 
    Honestly I don't remember much from that show, apart from the animation being gorgeous, the opening theme being awesome, and some of the villain designs being cool - I think I built some of them out of Lego as a kid, like that buzzsaw robot dude. Was it animated by the same people who did Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors? The style was similar.

• Like Like x 2
  16. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    This is one of the characteristics I loathe about many fans here: there're way too many stuck on 1980's :rolleyes: 

I'd be soo in on a T-Cats 2011 kickstarter!!

I couldn't tell you about the action figures. I was too swoll with CN at the time to pay attention to any product they marketed at that time.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Man, I didn't know there was so much hate for it - I was on the thread here on TFW and I don't recall it ever being that bad - I mean sure there were complaints on the delays and maybe some of the sudden drops in quality in animation, but in general I seem to recall the reaction was kinda positive.

That said T-Cats 2011 was a huge waste of potential.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Star Saber - I dunno if that site still exists - it's no longer listed on the top with HISSTank and Toyark - but if it is, check their forums, it was terrible. People flipped their **** when Cheetara did not get hooked up with Lion-O as they expected. I did not stay long enough to see their reaction to Pumyra, but I can imagine... :D 
    Yeah the show had some problems, but man the designs were awesome. Check out the design artist's Deviantart (Dan... Reed, I think?), he posted a lot of character designs there. Man I wish even one-episode characters had gotten toys.

Sort-of on topic, but you are probably aware that Legends of Chima was basically Lego Thundercats? The above mentioned design artist was sent to Lego to discuss plans, and they basically said "maybe" then kept the promo material and instead did their own thing (which is legal apparently), same method like how Blizzard created Starcraft from WH40K promo materials after a failed GW deal.

Bandai made the toys, and while they have some flaws (hands come off easily, and they used different color pegs for ball joints than the main body) they are overall, really fine representations of the show characters. I have pretty much all but the Lizard Cannon and Slithe toy so far.

19. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    The site is still up its just used mainly to archive all the stuff they posted for the 2011 cartoon. If you want to see any news on the thundercats franchise go to toyark. Here the link for those curious about it:
    Thundercats.ws -

20. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay: