Do They Plan To Allow The TFP series To Last More Than 3 Seasons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by DarkRobin, Sep 12, 2011.

1. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

I assume someone has already asked similar questions. But I didn't start coming to this board until 1 month ago so I'm not sure if everyone here already had the discussion.

I've heard people mentioning that the channel Hub isn't available to many people. How much does that affect the ratings? Would it significantly influence as to how Hasbro's determination for the lifespan of this series?

If they handle it well, this series can be a great golden goose for them, attracting all TF fans, and generate toyline that in turn will give them for profits.

I hope they can make the series last way more than just 3 season as they did for Beast Wars and TFA.

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    They told us at BotCon 2010 they had 4 seasons mapped out so far, so that would mean yes

3. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just because the writers and showrunners have a story mapped out for 4 seasons doesn't necessarily mean Hasbro executives will greenlight it.

That said, I think it's a safe bet to assume that there will at least be 65 episodes, which is the golden number for cartoons, as that allows it to go into syndication.

4. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

4 Seasons?

Well, at least that's a step up from BW and TFA's records.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

That's correct. Also they hope this series will be permanent but we will have to wait to see how popular the other seasons are.

6. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    They didn't mean that exactly.

I think they're hoping any future shows are in continuity with this one rather than starting their own universe.

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    true, i heard there was going to be a fourth season for animated but was never greenlighted

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

3 seasons seems to be the max life span for any Transformer series. G1 almost had a 4th season but got canceled after the first episode. (Unless the Return of Optimus Prime counts as the beginning of season 4.)

I think the continuity could last longer than 3 seasons but their planned season 4 may end up rushed into the 3rd season or the start of a spin off series.

Personally sense this is Transformer Prime following "Team Prime" I wouldn't mind if a different Autobot team got introduced at some point in Prime and then given a new series following that new team. Just have Optimus' team guest star in the new series every once in a while. Transformers doesn't always have to focus on Optimus Prime or wait for him to die to get a new leader. It could be like Star Trek in that respect, existing in the same continuity but following a different crew for each series. I just think it would be something cool that's never been done with Transformers before.

9. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They have at least 4 seasons planned and two are scheduled so far. I kinda remember reading that they wanted to use this series to renew/combine the continuities in a sense.

I would like to see multiple seasons, but its too early to tell if going over a certain number will be good or not. I remember the X-Files going from 5 seasons to 8 and not doing so well at the end.

I like your idea, but I get this jarring feeling of the 86 movie and G1 3rd season. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of maybe following another team for a series or even half a season (maybe to locate a missing Team Prime), but if we watch the show for Prime's team and then we have to follow another team, I just think it could push away many fans. That's an idea that has to be carefully approached behind a riot shield.

10. stufa1978

stufa1978 Well-Known Member

I like what SabrePrime said.

The difference with Sabre's idea though Ahummaster, is he wouldn't phase out the original cast like G1 movie did.... I think.

Yeah I'd like to see say Ultra Magnus and a handful of other autobots in a one off episode. Have it on another planet say. Perhaps have Wheeljack in his roster to keep a direct connection. Perhaps they would just be fighting a squad of decepticons on other said planet lead by... err.... I dunno Thundercracker or... someone else.

Anyway seasons, Even TFA had a 4th season planned.
    I'm hoping that the TFUniverse game will carry additional interest for this saga. Four seasons sounds good though.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  11. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    The original GI Joe was able to pull that off very well. They had a rotating cast of characters throughout the seasons.

12. Altimus

Altimus Well-Known Member

So, the series would never end.

13. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Well really Beast Wars went for five seasons (three seasons as Beast Wars and two seasons as Beast Machines). Beast Machines was really a continuation of the same show.

14. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Christ, I hope not. That would be incredibly creatively limiting and risk alienating future generations of viewers.

15. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think they mean all new fiction forever will be Primeverse. I think they just hope we get more stories out of the same cannon in the forseeable future. Eventually, they'll create another reboot / new timeline, I'm sure. But this is a long-term plan, much like how we stayed in the Unicron Trilogy "universe" for a number of years.

16. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I'd rather it stick around for about as long as the Unicron Triology, if not longer. However, I'd say about 20 named robots on each side would be good.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It COULD reach 4 seasons, but this is Hasbro. As soon as the toys stop selling sell they'll change it again for another style to keep product and toys fresh.

18. ken8kuhletz08

ken8kuhletz08 JKC

News Credits:
    A show this good usually lasts up to three seasons, if we're lucky...

19. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    If TF Prime ends, something else will have to fill the void. Otherwise, the Hub will collapse in on itself and form a black hole.

20. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    I hope they make that movie everyone is asking about.