Do Takara Mainline Figures get reissued?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Slave IV, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Specifically, LG-19 Springer?
    I watched it for months on HLJ for around $30 and never got it and when I finally decided I was going to bite, it was gone. It seemed like it would just continue to be available but I was wrong and now it's at least $15 more. I can't justify paying MP prices for the thing but I still want it.
    So, will it get reissued? Have any other Takara Generations figures been rereleased/reissued?

2. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not normally, now. Springer actually came out with two numbers and different decos. In the last few years they're pretty much only re-released MPS.

And the beast guys, they re-issued them with better paint jobs

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Generally speaking, yes some Takara retail Transformers do get re-released. Legends Arcee is probably the most prominent non-MP re-release to occur recently.

It's not that often though, so I wouldn't hold your breath for a Legends Springer getting a second run. I'd keep an eye on Mandarake and the like instead. There's one on there right now for 3300 yen, but that's before shipping.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1048445839&ref=list

4. Slave IV

Somewhat differering responses but thanks!

How are shipping rates at Mandarake? I've checked them for other things but never bought anything from them yet. If they do combined shipping and I find something else, it may be worth it.

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The figures BenXavier is mentioning aren't true reissues/re-releases like what you're asking about.

The Legends Springer, as I'm guessing you know, is a completely different deco from the Takara Generations Springer, and the recent LG-EX releases of Rhinox/Rattrap/Waspinator also sport different decos from their original Takara releases.

As for Mandarake, if you use SAL it's decently cheap (usually cheaper than Jungle) and gets to me in about 10-14 days. Their EMS rates seem pretty high, so I never use them unless I make an unusually large order (which is rare).

One thing to keep in mind, if you didn't know this about them already is, unless something changed very recently, Mandarake will not combine orders/shipping costs if you order two different items from two different Mandarake locations. If you want to combine something with a Legends Springer, you can do that and get a combined shipping quote, as long as that other item is from the same Mandarake location you're purchasing that LG Springer from.

The Mandarake SAHRA location is the only one that can provide you a shipping quote immediately when you make your order, because all items from SAHRA are guaranteed to be in stock. Anything from any other store, you'll submit your order & shipping method, but you won't find out your shipping quote until they double-check that the items you're ordering are still in stock (since everything non-SAHRA listed on Mandarake's site is considered a store-front item for the other Mandarake locations, so it's possible someone bought it in-person before the website listing could be updated).

6. Slave IV

Thanks for the details!

I actually had a Legends Springer MISB but I gave it to my neighbor's kid for his birthday a while ago. I only really collect MP but always curious about this figure because it looks great and I hear so many good things about it. And yes, I know the Takara Grnerations version is different color and that's the one I want.

Thanks again, I guess I'll keep an eye out or just forget about it and hope an acceptable MP version comes.

While I'm at it, I'd be open to buying a used one as long as it's in good condition, complete with accessories and under or around $30 shipped.

7. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another thing to note is that you'll usually have to search with the Japanese name, ie: Sprung, not Springer. Sometimes maybe even in katakana if the romanization throws the syllabic translator off.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/DetailPage/item?itemCode=1048387300&ref=list&lang=en

The cheapest you're probably going to get it is $38 used and shipped with a long transit time. If you regularly check the listing between 10-to-12 PM(As in, all night and morning until lunch) you might catch one about three dollars cheaper.

8. Slave IV

Thanks! I don't mind long transit times. It's funny that it is called Sprung on several sites including HLJ when they had it, when the box clearly says Springer on it.

9. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

The trend as of late has been to put the US/Hasbro name in English and the Japanese name in Katakana. I recently got Legends Skullcruncher which is what it says on the box in English but in kana it just says "Skull" (or Sukaru). I looked up Springer's box and the kana does indeed say "Supurangu" (Sprung). Occasionally it's also transliterated as "Sprang" (or at least that's how I've seen the Superlink figure's name).

10. Slave IV

That explains it...learning new things!