Do People Want Third Party Prime/Beast Hunter Figures ?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Reygn, Apr 23, 2020.

1. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Yes.

MPs take up a lot of space, which is something I'm running out of the closer I get to completing my G1 MP collection. So if someone started doing MP-scale Prime figures I'd probably just buy Optimus for my Prime collection.

But if anyone- Planet X, Fansproject, Maketoys, MMC, APC, some new 3P that's yet to have been born, whoever- wants to start making CHUG-scale Prime figures, especially if they scale nice with the stuff Hasbro's already released, I'd be down for that. And I'd prefer they start with Hardshell, who never got a toy that scaled with the rest, and Breakdown, because the Arms Micron version got stupid expensive stupid quick. After that they scan start working through the list of characters that did get releases as Deluxes or Voyagers, with better engineering and better attention to bot-mode scale, starting with the ones Hasbro did the poorest job with (Airachnid, Knockout) and working their way up to to the ones Hasbro actually did a pretty good job with (FE Prime).

• Like Like x 2
  2. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

Yes, most particularly we need someone to finally do Beast Hunters Optimus justice, the voyager figure was okay but the show inaccurate mad max theme of all the Autobot figures and lack of battle mask harm it plus the figure doesn't really capture the imposing bulk of that design, the larger figure get's closer there but it has that ridiculous ring thing on the back and doesn't give him the jet-pack. That design is epic, it's G1 Prime on Venom and 3rd party need to give it the love it really needs.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Reygn

Reygn Banned

Okay, so if Prime ends up being CHUG scaled, with the Optimus baseline of 7 in, Predaking would only be 8in, while Arcee would be 3.7in.

This ain't right.

I've dreamed of a giant transforming dragon for years, and if that dream is to be a reality, Predaking needs to either be-
    A) Bigger, so around 10-12in
    or
    B) A partsformer

I hope which ever company takes up the mantle of Prine's justice is on the same wave length as me.
    Question - Are you guys against cloth goids on transformers, because that's the path to big wings with little top heaviness.

4. Laserpants

Laserpants Well-Known Member

Yes. Mp with Beast Wars Mp level paint and attention to detail is what these designs deserve. Give me big shiny Starscream and Knockout or give me death. Well preferably not death.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I'd buy a better designed chug Grimwing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

yeh

7. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Prime Alternators or Human Alliance over MPs personally, but I'd love a lot of those designs to get second, high budge, high-end shots.

8. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say no to a Black Bumblebee, Blue Smokescreen, or a few dragons.

9. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I’d buy them as I would like to see an influx of anything other than MP, but there’s so many shows I’d rather see get love first. Animated first and foremost.

I would especially like to see characters like Knockout and others done by Iron Factory

10. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm thrilled that APC is doing improved knockoffs to supplement the existing line and I hope it starts a trend so that we get the entire cast filled out and especially replacements for the lackluster figures (Knockout, Airachnid, Smokescreen).

I also really really want MP style/size figures. I've previously said I'd buy every character but we're starting to see some increased prices in 3P and that does give me pause. So far I've only seen it in FT Thomas and MFT's Mindwipe but that's two figures from two different companies catering to two different crowds that have both seen similarly proportioned price jumps over previous comparable figures and both of these were just this past week. It's not enough to declare a trend yet but it does make me nervous - even if the price hikes are due to Corona, I doubt they'll go all the way back to normal after it blows over. So, if there is a line of MP TFP figures that run for around what current MPs go for, I'm in, but if they're overly expensive for whatever reason, I'll pass.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My response to every TF Prime thread...

• Like Like x 4
  12. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Yeah, aside from the gap of "A decent Airachnid toy", I'm also completely down for a Deluxe version of Abominus. Yes, I am completely aware of the KO, but that's in the wrong colours dangi

13. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

God yes. It's one of the things I want most.

MPs. If I'm mixing the Beast Wars characters in, and I am, then I'd love some MPs of the Prime characters - there are some really really strong designs in there. The only reason I haven't bought a Prime Bulkhead toy is because it's too small to go with my collection.

But the problem is all lot of you guys will probably want to full gaps and make upgrades to your existing Prime collection. Which I don't want at all, me and some other people want something totally different. If I was the company making Prime toys I honestly don't know which camp I'd want to piss off.

And then the normal difficulty of having to go through all the big name characters first. Optimus Megatron Bumblebee, blah blah blah, while I wait to see if I'll ever get my Ratchet, Dreadwing, Knockout, Hardshell and characters/designs that I really like. As is always the case. : p

14. Reygn

Reygn Banned

Here is my main problem with a Prime line being made.

Prime was a good show, and had goid toys, but I doubt it could support an MP line, given how many already struggle affording their G1 MPs. If Prime is to be made, I think it could only survive as a CHUG line, like what MMC does for IDW. But if it ends up being CHUG sized, with Optimus as around 7in, characters like Arcee will be smaller than most Legends figures.

So for a Prime line to be viable, it must be willing to stray from the correct scaling just enough to allow for characters to be unhindered by size, and it must be willing alter the designs of the characters in order to keep structure stability. Case in point, Optimus; he has tiny thighs with giant shins, I'd be ok if they were to bulk up areas like that, not enough to make it unrecognizable, but enough to allow for more confident play.

15. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    I think Prime would be a great MP candidate given how slim their character lineup is and how often it relied on repaints. We have:
    S1-2 Optimus with S3 Magnus retool and Nemesis repaint
    BH Optimus
    Bumblebee with S3 black repaint
    Arcee
    Bulkhead
    Ratchet
    Wheeljack
    Smokescreen with S3 blue repaint
    Cliffjumper with an optional Dark Energon repaint
    Megatron with optional Predacon's Rising "Galvatron" retool
    Starscream
    Soundwave
    Skyquake with Dreadwing Repaint
    Knock Out
    Breakdown with CYLAS Breakdown
    Airachnid
    Hardshell with Insecticon troop building
    Vehicons with minor Jet retool and silver jet repaints
    Predaking
    Shockwave
    Sky Lynx and the other Predacon (forget his name)

22 molds with upwards of 30 repaints/retools, and a fuckton of troop building for the decepticlones, disregarding other repaints they could get away with, like the Beast Hunters mad max shit, Pirate Pounce and Wingspan from the vehicons, G1 colored insecticons, taxi Bee, pink arcee, the seekers in all of those colors, prowl, bluestreak, and barricade from smokescreen, sharkticon megatron, so many options and relatively few molds. I think it wouldn't be unfair to say the Planet X WFC/FOC line would be relatively comparable for sales, and theyve put out a pretty equal lineup with much larger pieces, but this would be much more flushed out. I'd argue there are no bad places to start. There aren't any "background" characters like, say, FOC Perceptor or G1 Skids, everyone had a solid focus in show and is someone's favorite of the series. There aren't any massive undertakings or absurdly designed characters to work with save for Unicron but even then, Takara had a good idea, just shit execution. Hell, use Arms Microns as con exclusives or something, I think this would be a very marketable and successful MP line. Of course, I'd love a more affordable chug scale, but if you're gonna do something, do it right.

• Like Like x 2
  16. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Yes please, I am on board!

• Like Like x 1
  17. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

I would support a 3rd Party TF Prime line. I felt what Maketoys did with their Defensor(Guardia) is what the Protectobots would've looked like if they were in TF Prime. I used to put them with my Prime figures when I had them.
    carry on...

• Like Like x 2
  18. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    I’d be somewhat interested in some well sized Predacons.

19. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I'd appreciate a 3P company tackling a series that isn't G1. The Autobot brothers are perfect for MP, and with all the Beast Wars love the fact that we haven't gotten Sky-Byte, or RiD 200's Megatron is a huge shame. I'd love for a modern Fire Convoy and Ultra Magnus.

20. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    How well did the Banana Force Fire Convoy sell? Anyone know? Could inspire more to tackle that series