Do others think G1 is going to be redone in SS86?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AZA77, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    OK, then your stores are different. Anywhere else in the world it's not that way. The point is, you can't deduct it's target audience by the placement in the store. Especially not your backwards Walmarts and Targets.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But you can from the packaging, which says 8+, so how about we just drop it

3. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

That can vary. I've seen them stocked in the toys section as well.

That age range doesn't strictly represent who it's aimed at. It also means the age that it can be safe for. After all, it doesn't say just 8-12. Rook can be appropriate for an 8 year old, but it's doubtful many 8 year olds would want to play it. Or that it'd even be marketed towards them.

All in all, my point was that just because something is in a specific aisle, does not automatically delineate who it's marketed to. Cards Against Humanity and other such adult games are also found in the toy aisle of stores.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We're not going to agree on this so let's just drop it. I have my opinion, you have yours.

5. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Nope, you can't either :lol 
    That's just the minimum age

No matter what, unless you're working at the company and know for sure it's just speculation by anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    I wouldn't even say that. I mean look at Kingdom, a toyline focused entirely on reproducing the animation models from two cartoons, one from 25 years ago, and the other from 37. It doesn't take a huge leap to use your head and go "oh this is clearly targeting adult nostalgia. This Tracks toy with its obviously Sunbow deco is almost certainly not targeting someone whose parents might not have been born when the character was on TV."

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then you also cant say it's clearly aimed towards adults since you don't work for hasbro. That street goes both ways my friend.

8. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Now you get it.

9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So then go and harass the guy I initially quoted that said the line was clearly aimed more at adult collectors

10. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    No, my work is done.

11. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I feel like the 1986 guys that ended up in Studio Series was just to fill things out due to delays with Rise of the Beasts...pad things a bit until those are ready to be added next year

• Like Like x 2
  12. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    No. It isn't. Takara has done two different gun Megatrons in Masterpiece, which is one line we can say is meant primarily, if not exclusively, for adults. Hasbro brought neither of them over, despite the importance of Megatron in the franchise and the almost certain guarantee that he'd sell.

If we didn't get one in MP from Hasbro, there's no chance of a gunrobo Megs in a regular retail line. Hell, I'm still shocked we got the Legends class gun Megs back in 2010.

• Like Like x 2
  13. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Just a quick chime in: I was already collecting at 8 years old, still have those toys today, and I'd play with them, but damn I was careful with them as I intended to keep them forever... and I did, so I have a lot of stuff that's a good 40+ years old in damn good shape.

I did anything and everything possible to get what I could at the time.

I was probably a more serious collector at that age that I've seen many "grown-ups" be in this day and age, I just didn't have the financial resources, nor the selection, but damn how I love my collection still today.

So the age thing, it's a "meh" point...

Back on topic, I've seen the SS line to resell old molds at double the price with a 10 cents paint job for a lot of the stuff, but also opened the door to have a distinct line for the movie stuff, and the SS86 is just their way of using some "slots" for the WFC lines that they didn't want to increase the numbers of waves or figures per waves... Heck even the "Buzzworthy" line is a mix bag of figures that they decided to slap together and give it a different line name.

If Arcee (for one example) isn't a new mold, (and as far as I know, it's going to be the Earthrise one with a new hat) then that means that not much really matters and Hasbro with continue to make money for just another line with both new and old molds... nothing more.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    It's impossible to talk about an American gun Megatron without getting into the Dreaded Politics, but yeah, it has nothing to do with the age targeting on the toy. The reasons it's not happening will get the thread locked down if discussed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AZA77

AZA77 Well-Known Member

I just read on the front page that Ironhide is going to be released in Studio Series 86.

If it ends up being a new mold, then maybe my original thought of them redoing all of the main characters in SS86 may be right?

I think there’s a fair shot at this also being a rerelease of the Amazon exclusive 2-pack that many didn’t get. (Including me)

What do you all think?

16. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits: