Do others think G1 is going to be redone in SS86?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AZA77, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Terrorpin

Terrorpin Well-Known Member

Get your cartoon accuracy outta my kool-aid.

I like my TFs to feel like mechs first and foremost.

• Like Like x 4
  2. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A little off topic real quick, I'm surprised we haven't gotten a Sandstorm yet. Now back to Springer I heard and scene ppl wanting an Earthrise version of him as well

• Like Like x 2
  3. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I also hope for Studio Series 86 Optimus and Megatron. We're so close to the perfect representation at classics scale. Also Springer and Magnus need a better toy. Springer in bot mode, ultra magnus mostly for Alt mode, but also bot mode proportions.

• Like Like x 3
  4. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ll take G1 all day, everyday but I feel the momentum is moving towards Beasts and the post G1 era. My guess is G1 characters will only make up 20% of future Generations line and will diminish every year after. That is…until Hasbro wakes up and realizes that old school G1 fans have the deepest pockets of all the Transformers demographic and circle back to keeping Generations G1 heavy.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Riddler87

Riddler87 Everything's a puzzle

I honestly can't understand what people mean by Earthrise Springer or Jetfire for that matter. Neither of the characters had an Earth mode so there isn't another vehicle form(s) for them to update to.

Also yeah the Studio Series toys are just WFC toys that got switched to Studio Series, in part to keep that line going since the character list is getting a little thin and to make room for the Beast Wars characters in Kingdom since they wanted to celebrate both the 35th anniversary of the movie and the 25th anniversary of Beast Wars at the same time. They might have a little bit better fit and finish but they are still basically the same style toys as the WFC figures. I literally just see Studio Series '86 as just an extension of the WFC/generations line.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

While Kingdom Cyclonus is a good figure, I'd like to seem get retooled with a movie accurate face. The Kingdom face is terrible. But then so is Studio Series Blurr's.

I would like to see Galvatron repainted in his navy/dark blue colour scheme from the movie.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    In the end, SS86 and WFC/Legacy is really the same thing. It's fine to want an update of a certain character, but the box it comes in isn't going to change anything. I wouldn't be shocked if we get remolds/redecos of toys from one of these lines in the other. (Some are even rumored already).

• Like Like x 3
  8. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I certainly hope not.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

If they redid all of G1 with SS86 Wreck-Gar's level of toon accuracy and non-greeblyness, I would probably quit MP collecting and just switch over to that.

But it will never happen.

• Like Like x 4
  10. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I mean, I love G1, but it's gotten more than enough spotlight in Generations over the last 15 years. It's way past time for more variety.

• Like Like x 4
  11. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Not for a long time, I hope. This old school Transformers (not just G1) fan needs some variety. If the laser focus on G1 had continued any longer, I'd likely stop buying entirely. 2020/21 have already been the lightest years for my collecting ever.

That's kinda why I suggested moving G1 over to SS. Let the G1-first fans have their fun (and there's still the occasional figure I'd pick up of course) and regular Generations can finally give a reasonable level of attention to post 1991. Beast Wars, G2, RiD, UT are all mostly untapped eras, and I strongly suspect that fans who grew up with those eras would be as enthusiastic about seeing their Optimus, Megatron, etc. on shelves as G1 fans are now.

Moving G1 over to SS would let everyone be happy.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Riddler87

Riddler87 Everything's a puzzle

That's already happened Studio Series Jazz was used to make Kingdom golden disk Jackpot. So yeah the lines are basically interchangeable

• Like Like x 1
  13. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    As far as I'm concerned, if Hasbro wants to release 86 movie characters that have been done over and over in the main Generations line, then release it in the Studio Series line and save the main Generations line for other characters that need an update or have yet to get an update.

But it actually looks like they might be doing that already like with Starscream w/ his coronation gear being released under SS instead of taking up space in TF Legacy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AZA77

AZA77 Well-Known Member

I think you put it way better than I did in my original post. But this is basically what I was thinking too. Wreck-Gar is so close to perfect that I would probably switch from Masterpiece too if the others were made to that level. Wreck-Gar has loads of detail but he’s not over greebled, plus his proportions are tall and slender with long enough lower legs, etc.

I found a lot of the siege and Earthrise stuff to be kinda squat in some examples. Like they made their legs below the knees just a bit too short. Or they stubbed out the feet and made them kinda like nubs. Kingdom Galvatron is a good example of this. His feet were a unique aspect of his design as they were different from most other transformers (animation) at the time. He was almost wearing human-like shaped wingtip shoes. If you look at the upgrade parts they did for him. They add that back and it really helps his lower legs look like they’re finished which balances out the top heavy shoulders.

It’s possible that maybe Wreck-Gar was just designed by someone else instead of it being a Studio Series design direction. I guess we’ll have to wait and see…but I kindahave a sneaking suspicion we’re going to see a new Optimus and Megatron in SS86 in the next couple years or so.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    An SS86 Megatron would have to be a gun.

Does anyone really still think Hasbro are going to make that?

• Like Like x 3
  16. AZA77

AZA77 Well-Known Member

Agreed. It’s a long shot, but I “think” we’re going to see a Megatron that converts into a gun again one day. If it’s got different colors that emerge when it transforms into alt mode, it’s no different than a Nerf gun. Plus the Studio Series is aimed more at adults? Maybe that’s an angle?

17. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Ooooor the extra licensing costs are distributed across the entire wave. Like, one figure has a licensed alternate mode, the other three figures in the wave don't. The budget for the license is offset by the three unlicensed figures.

That's why some waves have a seemingly weird composition. One toy is more expensive to produce, so it needs some figures within the same wave that are cheaper to produce (e.g. redecos or re-releases of existing figures) to balance out the budget in order for all the figures within said wave to be sold at the same price at Walmart.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Ditko

Ditko Well-Known Member

I am down for those suggestions. Not counting on it, but SS'86 has done very well so they will find ways to keep it going. Constructicons, Ironhide and Ratchet would make perfect sense. Maybe Brawn shows up. I would be interested in a retooled/polished Optimus too. Don't see it happening, but would be cool and could be an exclusive.

• Like Like x 4
  19. AZA77

AZA77 Well-Known Member

I agree. It’s a very outside shot. Im really hoping at least for the Constructicons in SS86. If they have clear windows like Wreck-Gars windscreen plus are as solid and quality as him without the overdone greebling…I think it’ll be a big win. And then “maybe” one day they could do a Commander Class Studio Series where you could get a fully redone more complex Optimus and trailer with the complexity of the Rodimus Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The further down the road we get, the armada crowd and beyond will be the ones with the deep pockets. At some point i could see that being the new G1. Remakes and some new armada styled charecters could be a thing

• Like Like x 2