Do fanboys hurt or help the fandom? (Movie related)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shaun_C, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Honestly classic He-Man/She-Ra was preachier then BM ever was.And Bob's a grown man who didn't have to explain ANYTHING

And about being boring and Hasbro droping the ball.That's just your opinion.

Beast Machines was a great show.I might even buy the DVD set :D 

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I will buy it. I thought it was a damn fine series; it actually bothered to do something different. The only series we've had since BM that has even come close to being that good is Galaxy Force.
    And as for the rabid fanboy dickheads who threatened Bob Skir's life? Fuck 'em. They're a bunch of overreacting imbecilic basement dwellers with no life, and they represent the worst aspects of what can be a very good fandom to be a member of. I mean, really; they guy wrote a series they didn't like, and they wanted him DEAD for it? Get out more.

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I really question the validity of these threats. If there were threats, I doubt there were more than a handful. I see no reason to use that as a stain on the entire fandom.

It all sounds very exaggerated to me.

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    someone threatened Bob Skir? for what reasons? God if you don't like a series DON'T WATCH IT!!! it is that simple.
    I seen one episode of Armada and one of Cybertron. And that is all I watched of the post Beast Machines era. That is my solution to shows I don't like I don't watch them. I don't online petition them, threaten the writers lives, say anything to people who do watch it and like it. Good for you, you like different things then me.

5. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Yup,if you search Google groups with the key words "Bob Skir Death Threats" you get your answers

Essentially on some boards ie Bottalk.com,some fans took STRONG offense to the direction Skir took Beast Machines.

IIRC I've read that he was a potential guest for BotCon '00 but declined because he was "afraid" of being accosted by angry BM haters

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    If someone who's been around for ages could present and clarify what these threats were, I'd really like to see them. I've been at this board for 5 years hearing about it, but never seen anything backing it up.

As it is, I treat it as an overexaggerated myth.