Do Cyclonus,Scourge fought to protect Cybertron from Unicron attack in 1986 movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Jan 21, 2016.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello,i have a question ,do Cyclonus and Scourge defend Cybertron from attack by Unicron in the 1986 movie?

Since they were created by Unicron ,why both of them don't ask Galvatron to destroy the Matrix once Galvatron got it from Ultra Magnus?

Do Unicron erase all the Cyclonus past memory of Skywarp and Scourge past memory of Thundercracker?

Both seem more loyal to Galvatron than it creator Unicron ,am i right?

Thanks.

2. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

FIXED:p 

joking
    but to answer your question, we do not see Scourge or Cyclonus in the fight with Unicron, but wee do the ship unicron gave them in the fight, fighting unicron, so maybe they were on the ship

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Neither of them seem to have any loyalties to Unicron. They are both dedicated to the Decepticon cause and Cyclonus is particularly loyal to Galvatron.

4. Altered Prime

they also never showed any sign that they remembered any past lives

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I dunno man, given the whole "Yes, but WE belong to HIM" line, I would have expected them to fight on Unicron's side. Once Unicron was destroyed, presumably their link to his power and control was broken, and so they went back to Galvatron, since that was basically their only option.

6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I take that line as Scourge stating cold, hard fact, even if he doesn't like it.

7. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Well technically, the movie depicted that Bombshell was the one who was turned in Cyclonus. However, I too would've preferred that Skywarp had been the one to become Cyclonus.

To answer the question though, there really isn't a whole lot of evidence to say whether or not (outside of Galvatron) the reformatted Decepticons have any memory of their former selves.

I thought of this as well. Not really sure what to make of it though, since we really didn't see whether or not Cyclonus, Scourge, and the Sweeps fought along side or against Unicron.

8. shockwave1

shockwave1 Free to go...to Cybertron

I assume they fought against Unicron? Didn't Uni shoved aside the Decepticon warship during his assault on Cybertron?

9. Altered Prime

yes, and as i pointed out before, the ship was fighting unicron

10. shockwave1

shockwave1 Free to go...to Cybertron

Thanks I just wanted to confirm since I haven't seen the movie in a while.

:thumb 

11. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

In Ghost In The Machine, Unicron threatened Scourge by saying "What he gave him, he can also take away". It could be threatening to take his life (if you believe Scourge is a new Decepticon made from Thundercracker's remains) or his upgrades (if Scourge remembers his life as Thundercracker).

Honestly, while Cyclonus doesn't particularly act like Skywarp and even less like Bombshell, I could sorta see the old Thundercracker in Scourge. He doubts his leader and isn't extremely loyal to him, which is all the characterization I remember Thundercracker having in the cartoon. I'd say it's up to interpretation, but I like to think they remember their old lives.

Headcanon accepted.

12. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    But that wasn't the last of it.
    Galvatron made his intention clear of betraying Unicron once he got the Matrix. Scourge certainly didn't object there!

Yups, I take it as such. So yes, they fought Unicron.
    And since Unicron was concentrating on the "All are 1" Transformers inside him (HotRod & Galvatron), I'm pretty sure Cyclonus, Scourge, & the Sweeps did not get tortured by him for their betrayal.

It would also help explain why they were so afraid of approaching Unicron's head in FFoD #1.

I only recall 1 instance where he doubted Megatron, and even only a 1-liner in 'Fire on the Mountain'.
    Since Galvatron is a very different character than Megatron yet has his old self's memories, I'd also say the same for Scourge (of Thundercracker) and Cyclonus (of Skywarp).

p.s. No "FIX" required, Altered Prime! :D 

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  13. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Unicron: "I gave you guys this nice brand new ship, and you guys go and attack me with it. Thanks for nothing..."

14. Altered Prime

Unicron indeed was threatening to take his life.
    but the line reveals nothing as to the possibility they might remember their past lives.

im not sure i like the idea that they all recall their old lives outside of history tapes.

i would think having your head/personality re-written, and knowing it would drive a person crazy

you do have a right to your headcanon:D 

I would not describe Galvatron as "very different" than Maqgatron.

ps...no prob;) 

your welcome

15. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    TeeHee-ous!

Considering I've never heard of your "Maqgatron", I'd wager they are very different! :D 

16. Altered Prime

haven't slept in 2 days, typos

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm surprised Unicron didn't make Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge loyal to him.

18. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    That's what his tortures were for.
    While Unicron was alive, it proved to work!

19. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Yeah Unicron's whole shtick is that he makes deals or bargains with lesser beings. Like Galactu- ahem, um. Anyway, his heralds don't really have a choice in serving him, but part of the whole concept of a bargain is both sides get something out of it. Besides more power Galvatron and his troops get opportunity. The power to achieve their objectives against Starscream and the Autobots. So in a way, Megatron would have less reason to resist Unicron knowing he's at least in a position to secure power for himself rather than being a mindless slave. He still serves Unicron but he also leads Cybertron.

It's still character/plot induced stupidity but it's somewhat rational.