DNA DK49 Upgrade Kit for ROTB SS Battletrap, Nightbird & Scourge

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MrJoshimusPrime, Nov 23, 2023.

1. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I don't have any issues with Scourge transforming with both kits installed nor have any significant tension issues. The DNA kits are the only ones that don't cause any cab bulging. Yeah, his parts do just come off, which is irritating.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Exerus Wing

Exerus Wing Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Except DNA I prefer to work with Shockwave Lab, Matrix Workshop and BDT Studio. And the last works from Tim Heada do not disappoint.

3. Exerus Wing

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    But I would like to say, for me it is the first time, when I am disappointed by DNA Design, although they have Grand Prix among all the studios, which produce upgrade.

4. TONY BRUNS

TONY BRUNS Member

I hesitated for a long time before ordering the two kits to have a Scourge worthy of the name and I'm not sure that I would have bought them if I had read this comment before...
    My only chance is that I buy these kits to improve the aesthetics of the figures. I therefore install them after transformation and before exposure, which can limit the problems mentioned.

5. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    3D printed upgrade kits are at serious risk of breaking though. One advantage DNA has is that they use cast plastic, which makes a ton of difference.

Also, please use the edit button to add more to your post instead of posting twice :) 

• Like Like x 1
  6. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Got this kit in, and it's very....meh.

The stuff for Battletrap is good. The canons are imposing, and the chain for the mace is fun. I have a metal chain already, but I like that this one is posable.

The Scourge hand is a nice addition if you really want to complete him. I haven't put the new shoulders on yet, not sure if I'm going to. I don't like the idea that I have to glue them if I want them permanent.

And Nightbird. Happy to have a second sword, it definitely completes the look. But the wings are a miss. Trying to get her into vehicle mode with them on is a nightmare. Nothing sits flush, and the back of the car rises up a bit. While they make her look better in bot mode, they are just a bit too large to integrate into vehicle mode. Thankfully they do just slip off, so you can take them off to transform her if wanted.

Overall not the best kit from DNA, but not bad, especially for Battletrap.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Exerus Wing

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    A-ha! Somebody understood me and faced the same problem, which I had.

• Like Like x 1
  8. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Yup. Looking for ways I can maybe trim them or some plastic or something to make them fit.

9. ldl0021

ldl0021 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    IMG_1099.jpeg IMG_1097.jpeg IMG_1098.jpeg So, if you want to keep the rib cage from DK-46, you can’t install the truck panels then… or am I missing something? Because when I tried per the instructions, it doesn’t work

10. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

DNA DK-49 arrived today so Scourge has the full complement of DNA upgrades and Battletrap has a new gun and a better posable chain than the one that comes with SS Primal.

I'm VERY happy to finally have the correct shoulders for Scourge. I still want to get a better head for him and an LED for his chest, though.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ziltama

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ldl0021

Ebay:
    Pics please

13. ziltama

News Credits:
    Not sure exactly what you need pics of.

scourge1.jpg scourge2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. ldl0021

Ebay:
  15. Exerus Wing

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Do not forget to share, please, how and where and what.

16. idkwdya

idkwdya Nicks_Plastic_Shelf

Instagram:
    I received the kit yesterday and installed them today. I only bothered with the kit as I got it for $20 shipped with some Showzstore points. And I’m glad I did because this is 100% not worth retail. The shoulders for scourge are better but now they’re just too small and make his arms look skinny. The truck parts stored on his back are nice but they conflict with the previous DNA kit and collide into each other.

Battletrap got the most out of this kit IMO as the chain accessory is perfect and the colored guns are exactly what I was hoping for. Very happy with his part of the kit.

Lastly Nightbird got the REALLY short end of the stick. The swords are ok and you get two of them which is nice. They're a bit snug on my copy but they fit ok. The wings are pathetic and I didn’t even bother with them. I continued using wings I got off eBay along with her arm blade and extended feet.

Overall I’d give the kit a 5/10 specifically for the Battletrap accessories being really good. But I would not recommend getting it for the current retail price.

IMG_6925.jpeg IMG_6927.jpeg IMG_6926.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Here's my scourge with the DNA shoulders and the 4th party upgrade kit. I'm glad I forgot to cancel this. 1000007922.jpg 1000007921.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  18. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Could any kind board member who has this set help out a frustrated fan?

Would you mind taking a photo of the correct orientation of the arms once they are rotated back into truck mode? I can't seem to get it right and there seems to be some bulge going on preventing me from securing the sides of the truck.

ps, I am not using the rib cage upgrade part.

Thank you so much in advance!

19. Obnimaz

Obnimaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I JUST glued the final truck parts onto mine or I'd check, but the arms are NOT symmetrical, I remember that, and the position the hands are rotated can matter.

I received the DK49 Kit and the Armada Prime kit on the same day, and I dislike the Armada kit so much I am giving the whole thing to a friend, even the hands and hipskirt (the thumbs fall off too easily and his gun droops even with the gold grips)

I did have to trim some of the flash inside the truck hood parts to get them to attach flush to the wheel pegs, but after I did that and the shoulder mods, I love it. I had already glued on the armor pieces from the prior kit, as I love the look and they don't hinder transformation at all. I ended up gluing the mask on for fear of losing it, but otherwise he's fully transformable. Letting the glue cure 24 hours before I transform him again. My only complaints about the kit are the mask could have attached more securely, and the rib cage parts could have been molded, painted rubber instead of stiff plastic.

The Battletrap chain is wonderful, so much personality. Wish the guns had been effect compatible but they look great. Spent 10 minutes tucking Nightbird's stabby things in car mode, but if you leave the sides open when you tuck in the trunk it's 1000x easier. {Why did Nightbird come with 1 sword, Hasbro? She even has mounts for 2 swords. It's a shard of plastic.)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

The rib cage pieces majorly get in the way of transformation for me. The one on his left-hand side specifically, I don't think I've once got it past the truck front without it falling off. What's your secret?