DNA DK49 Upgrade Kit for ROTB SS Battletrap, Nightbird & Scourge

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MrJoshimusPrime, Nov 23, 2023.

1. sulosaur

sulosaur New Member

Thank you so much. Nightbird got what she really needs. I saw some 3d printed part that fills

her chest without partsforming. I would like something like that. But I'm content with what is given for her. Battletrap looks good too.
    For Scourge the new part that replacing shoulder pad/car hood is missing thropy insignia detail on the grill and seeing that was quite dissappointing for me. Other than that backpack configuration changed and now it is bigger than original as we know but I don't mind it much.

missing insignia.png

This guy on the video had MC-01 kit for Scourge instead of DK-46. But that doesn't make a change for installing DK-49. Since the kit is revealed I was thinking about how the upgrade could be installed because I didn't want to remove rivets on the original shoulders even if I don't ever use them later. So maybe it's obvious for everyone but I found where you unscrew the kit and it removes both shoulder pad and upper arm at the same time. after removing that we install only the new arm that already has new shoulder pad and the new car hood remains attached to front wheel cover of truck and it goes back to the backpack with transformation. Başlıksız.jpeg
    DNA-DESIGN-DK-49-ROTB-Terrorcons-Upgrade-kit-18.jpg backpack.png

It says you can glue the carhood to secure but I don't want permanent solutions and like to have options.
    Screenshot.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fatelift1987

Fatelift1987 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    this doesn't answer my question
    you said you have the kit and tried it
    how does it transform because the video does not show me

3. sulosaur

sulosaur New Member

I'm sorry for confusing but when I said "I found this" I meant the image. I don't have the kit yet. That's why I was trying to find things related to it to satisfy my curiosty and shared the image I found online for the people who might feel like me. And if I could have shared the link; I would share there where both video and image originated. Video doesn't show but I thougt my explanation might help a little. I also tried to figure it out like you.

4. Fatelift1987

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    alright, thanks for clarifying

5. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I got my kit. The batteltrap stuff is nice, the nightbird stuff is nice but doesn't keep it from being a shit figure to play with, and I can't even get the fucking screws out of Scourge's shoulders to put his stuff on. They're so tight and nothing I do makes them budge even a little bit. The screws for the other DNA kit were suuuuper tight as well but they at least moved eventually.

Not impressed so far. Battletrap doesn't have storage for the guns in robot mode that I can find, and I haven't been able to properly transform nightbird with the longer wings yet. Plus the extra swords are pointless. I now have SIX blades for her. Like I had five swords and three axes for Prime after that DNA kit. All they do is inflate the price!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Meanwhile ShowZ hasn't gotten them in yet and is on holiday again. Is Bombusbee usually good with shipping?

7. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    FINALLY got the damn screws out of Scourge! It really hurt my hands. I switched to a slightly larger screwdriver, which seemed to do the trick. Anyways, the new shoulders are great and I do really like having the two normal hands as an option, but now with the new back pieces (that become the hood of the truck) make the left ribcage piece not stay on at all. I'm just going to leave it off for now and see how I like the figure like that. It really is a brilliant solution having these pieces fold to the back. The extra backpack size is not even really noticeable.

IMG_1463.JPG IMG_1468.jpg IMG_1475.JPG
    I get 80% of my 3P stuff from bombusbee. Sometimes stuff from them gets here within 8 or 10 days.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Fatelift1987

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    so key note: Use larger screwdriver on shoulders, got it

how does Scourge transform, in the end

9. averagetfcollector07

averagetfcollector07 Well-Known Member

I appreciate the attempt for movie accuracy, but the new shoulderpads just look tiny. I do like the posable chain for Battletrap however, and Nightbird's stuff look neat.

10. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I haven’t tried to transform him yet. I didn’t get the damn shoulders on until almost midnight!
    They are a bit small but also keep in mind that we’ve been staring at the original toy’s shoulders for a long time which might warp our view a bit. They are small compared to the CGI but in person I like the improved proportions so much once you have all the new parts on. If I’m being honest though…I’m not sure it’s worth all the money I’ve sunk into Scourge. I do really love the figure now though.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Sounds good, I'll have to throw some business their way. Although they're out of stock of this kit already.

The new pads are too small, but I don't think they could be made bigger and still transform. So it's a choice between the right design at the wrong size, and the wrong design at the right size.

At this point, it's about the customizing. It's your figure that you've worked on - heck, hurt yourself on - and that gives it a sentimental value.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    For sure I think bombusbee is a place worth supporting. They’ve been pretty good to me and they ship quicker than showz a lot of the time.

And yeah you’re right about my scourge figure. I do like it a lot, despite the cost. I’m more just saying that for others who are considering dropping the money from the start. Personally I like the dna kit that’s ONLY for scourge a lot, and I felt that one was worth the money, this one just feels less essential to me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

I agree on all counts.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fatelift1987

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    so I just got my kit, and word of the wise
    don't try to transform with the bits that are on the wheels
    take them off and put them back on later (i.e. parts forming)
    it's stupid, but saves a lot of clearance trouble and frustration

15. Fatelift1987

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    if you guys want my review, well here you go (it's a bit lengthy)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Three different upgrade kits later, Leader Scourge is finally the bot he was always meant to be... (^.^')

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  17. Fatelift1987

Ebay:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    3? Pfft. I have 5: DNA 46 (delayed), DNA 49 (installed above), Drift's Tech arm kit (one weapon is left over as all others will be replaced), Drift's Tech "death" head kit (on the way), 3rd party left arm that can also turn into both the claw and cannon, and accurate (on the way)

THAT is my perfect Scourge

• Like Like x 1
  18. optimusprimeroc

optimusprimeroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope DNA Design has a good placement for scourge's right claw when you take it off for the right arm with hand

19. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Mine shipped from ShowZ, so my Scourge will be complete in a few weeks.

20. Exerus Wing

Exerus Wing Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    OK, I bought this upgrade, I tried it.....and this is the first time I feel disappointed with a DNA Design studio product. My personal rating is 3 out of 5. There were no problems with the Battletrap figurine, everything is fine. There are problems with Nightbird - the wings look good in robot mode, but when transformed into a car, plastic tension is created, and there is a gap between the windows and the car body on the sides, and it is not good. It does not look good. And as for the Scourge, it does not stand up to any criticism at all. If combined with the previous product, DK-46, then everything, first of all, falls apart; secondly, it does not hold; thirdly, it does not really transform. Plastic tension is everywhere. Of course, there is an honest instruction from the studio that you need to use glue, but then there will be no way to return to factory settings. Whether you need it, decide for yourself. I did not dare to take such measures.