DNA DK-24 SS wheelie upgrade kit

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dangard Ace, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheelie is the star of this upgrade… can this even be called an upgrade? It’s a brand new Wheelie toy that only keeps the slingshot and has extra Grimlock add on pieces.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Weird how they go out of their way to hid the screw hole on the right side of his head

you think they'd just include a little cover too

• Like Like x 3
  3. Zaragon

Zaragon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I mean, the grey sword is alright, I guess? But I'd also rather have orange or red. I can't for the life of me remember what color it was in the cartoon--did it ever even make an appearance?

4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Wasn't in the toon

5. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I'm probably a broken record here but damn, I wish DNA did an upgrade set for the Earthrise Arcee mould that replaces that worthless "hoverboard" part for something that makes the transformation easier and enjoyable.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  6. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    I already have all the Nonnef upgrades for Grimlock, but I kind of want to get this too. Do I buy a-whole-nother SS Grimlock just for this upgrade kit? I would like to do a comparison video between the two. Maybe if I see SS Grimlock on sale.

I almost want to get this just for the Wheelie alone! And that's saying something! I find it hilarious that the "upgrade" for Wheelie is just to replace the entire figure! Obviously you can reuse the slingshot from the original. I wonder if you can at least use the original head too. Also, I wish the orange matched the original more.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks really good! I was considering buying the ZX Studios set, but this also looks good, and I imagine it won't have that gritty 3D-printed feel to it. I do want to see a bit more on how well the arm covers work, since they kinda stick out a bit compared to others I've seen, and if it comes with hole covers for the screw holes in the side of the dinosaur face (the one photo showing the "right" side of the face is a flipped picture of the left side). But I might be in this for the Wheelie alone, since he looks great (and while it feels cheap, the leg gaps do make him feel like an Earthrise figure).

M biggest gripe is no red sword. I have a 3D printed one that works just fine, but I know this will be a nice smooth texture.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  8. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I kind of prefer the TR/Legends mold...

• Like Like x 3
  9. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

This is almost as much as the toy itself.....

Yeah, no.

• Like Like x 3
  10. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Definitely in on this kit. If that is the final color of the sword, will just paint it red.

11. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Add me to the list of people who have the Nonnef kit, but will get this as well. Mostly out of spite, because I truly hate SS Wheelie. This one looks a lot better (though I do like the SS's head sculpt better).

I'll end up using the foot filler, T-Rex arms, and maybe the little arm-gap covers from this kit, and the rest from Nonnef, I think.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    This kit will obviously obsolete the clear neck (KO in clear plastic painted over with clear yellow) and 3d printed articulated arms set from eBay. One of our arms from that kit already broke and the 3d print quality was rather rough where I'm assuming it was lying on the print bed. The KO quality of the neck pieces itself was fine, but my copy ended up having a poor paint job with one piece not getting enough clear yellow paint making the neck piece inside look different on both sides.

This kit won't completely obsolete some other kits. The ZX kit still has the nifty LED sword, which looks great in person with an awesome job done on the blade deco in particular, and color matched screw hole covers for the head. The Nonnef set definitely had issues from what others have posted but is still the only way to get a clear chest window (still baffling why the screw posts weren't properly done on the window, though).

I wouldn't even use the hole covers depending on whatever other upgrade comes out. We already lost one of our ZX screw hole covers, which was annoying.

• Like Like x 2
  13. AlienKing

AlienKing Well-Known Member

I love that the upgrade to Wheelie is just "throw the old one out, here is a new one".
    Also all this set needs is a crown and a orange sword and it would be perfect for me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AlienKing

AlienKing Well-Known Member

Ideally they'll do kits for all the dinobots

• Like Like x 5
  15. CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K Predacon Rising

News Credits:

What kind of business is going to leave that sort of money just lying on the table?

• Like Like x 3
  16. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah this is my thought too, I wish I would have known about this before I spent all that money on several different upgrade kits arghhhh

17. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Can I just have the Wheelie?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad someone's tackling a proper Wheelie but I can't but be disappointed by this one with how simplistic it looks. I wish someone would KO the Takara Legends one, it was close to perfect.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. Even the Nonnef kit is a fairly large chunk of the original cost, but this is just crazy. The good news for Nonnef is that their set looks positively cheap in comparison so now I'm thinking about getting it. But apparently it's $18 shipping to Canada with a minimum $50 purchase. Not sure why. It's not like it's free shipping. So if I want to order I need to buy $35 more stuff I don't really want.....

• Like Like x 2
  20. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    So DNA just straight-up made a new Legends/Core-sized Wheelie figure for the kit?

For $47 for the fillers, neck, new T-Rex arms, sword, AND a transforming figure, that is a good deal.

• Like Like x 11