DNA Design DK-07 Upgrade Kit for POTP Predaking

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Covered in Scorpions, all covered in Scorpions

Thank you for posting this

Yes agreed Scott,
    that's a bit of a knee jerk reaction, they were only replying to what's been communicated before from DNA, if we've seen or heard different it's just another spoke in the wheel that needs looking at to find out what's the best outcome. No need to go nuclear.

No that's all good, just saw the disconnect with many people's experiences of a fix for both arms with the two in some cases rather than just the one for Rampage when the chuffing sword is mahoosive. Gave me a head scratching time thinking how the big red doofus would be able to hang on to it without dysfunction issues.

Fair comment on all of this, and I can't really disagree on the fallibility of communication or execution of this particular project.
    3rd party accessories are on the whole should really only be taken if you are a mad tinkerer who can't let wonky bots lie. I don't buy all singing and dancing masterpiece / alikes with swap out accessories to tailor them to a head cannon. I go mainline classics and sometimes I know I'm going to need to add bits to them to make them better.
    99 times out of a hundred they hit their brief so if you want to pimp your bot do it, if not you can probably put more vocal feedback the way of Hasbro to sort the designs out pre market, or go the mp route with its whistles and bells. Not aimed at you BTW, just a rationale for my self and others who have the itch to keep picking at the scabs.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, I'm a nut for 3rd party, even with MP bots. Hasbro can't cover all the bases and when they try, they usually don't get it quite right. As-is, out of the box, Predaking's a fully formed and complete combiner. The add-on isn't actually necessary, I'm not a big fan of the sword as he didn't have it in the show and to me, CHUG is my Masterpiece. I've always had mainline figures, MPs have always been an extra, expensive special take on those characters in my eyes. That said, the sword does look nice and does add something to the set. I'm glad to have it, rather than not at all.

For example: MP-44 Prime's Starscream bits look okay, there's nothing really bad about them, but XTransbots's Scourge mold with the ghost 'Screamer bits do a much better job, visually than what Takara's take on Starscream accessories for a bot looks like.

That said, regardless of where one lies with 3rd party, whether you're for or against, we can all agree that DNA dropped the ball, here, and there's no excuse, especially with such a tremendous delay. Nothing in the box warrants OVER a half of a year window from prototype pics to what we got now.

Duplicate wings?
    Missing ratchets because they intended one figure be fixed and not two?
    Swirls and mold marks etched into the blade pieces because they pumped these out in a hurry?
    Don't even get me started on the half-@$$ed plan behind their Primal kits. I mean, WTF, people?!

The only ones picking at the scabs are the people behind the scenes. Hasbro for not trying harder in some cases, 3rd party for picking at the wound. I mean, come on, if you could spend just a little extra (by comparison) and "fix" what's "broken", wouldn't you? And they know it. This is all on DNA. Shame.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The side filler cannons are nice though eh?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My kit was factory sealed with 2 side cannons and 2 ratchets in a bag inside.

5. openchallenge

openchallenge It's own reward

Got my kit today. Got two ratchet pieces, haven't installed them yet. POTPPK1901.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kero

Kero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kind of disappointed DNA is stating only 1 ratchet is supposed to be included. Mine’s coming from BBTS later this week so hoping I get 2. Whether you get 1 or 2, can you guys also mention where you got your set?

7. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Two, from BBTS.

• Like Like x 2
  8. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Two from The Chosen Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fla_Omega_Supreme

fla_Omega_Supreme Last line of Defense

News Credits:
    One from BBTS, and they are contacting DNA to find out what was intended...

"I just wanted to update you that we are looking into this matter with the manufacturer to discuss and hopefully source the additional parts that you are missing. We have contacted them on your behalf and will be keeping you posted when they respond. If they are going to send us parts, those can take a little bit of time typically to show up as a note. We will keep you posted. Let me know if you have any more questions in the meantime and have a great day!"

So we'll see what comes of it

• Like Like x 2
  10. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

Got 2 ratchet parts and guns from BBTS last week

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got mine from TCP. Two ratchets and hip filler guns were in a baggie together.

12. egrudzin

egrudzin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thumb joint that swivels on the mushroom peg is super loose on both my fists. They just flop around. The plastic is so thin that when I tried to move the thumb hinge it stressed the heck out the socket for the mushroom pegs. The thumb swivel on mine is almost too tight to move. QC on this set is very disappointing. Now I have to figure out how to fix this since it's driving me nuts.

13. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Same as above.

Mine, too. It's super annoying.

14. Dachande

News Credits:
    The thumbs on mine are loose, but not as bad as what you guys are experiencing.

I was going to try to get to wings apart to see about shortening the black area and found a few more issues.
    The big one is that one screw is stripped and mis-driven, causing stressing to the post and another post further on the inside. It also stressed the plastic on the one rail that is used for the "flappy" hinge.
    IMG_20190219_065053.jpg IMG_20190219_065116.jpg IMG_20190219_065216.jpg
    And most frustrating of all, there were paint blemishes on the gold area on the spine feather that were sloppily covered. It's on so thick that there is a texture to it.
    IMG_20190219_065243.jpg

Truly shoddy work here.
    I can say without hesitation that I will never buy another DNA kit. I may look into PE or one of the other groups, as add-ons don't fall into my "no 3P" rule.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Understandable. This is not a great first impression for someone new to DNA. Their Max and Devastator kits are much higher quality and feel better, too.

I'm not sure how they dropped the ball, here.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dachande

News Credits:
    The set really does feel rushed, and for having such a long delay in release, I don't think there's an excuse for it.
    Live and learn. I will continue to be happy with the parts I enjoy and just move on.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I'm still trying to understand what the delay was all about. I mean, don't get me wrong, delays are normal in 3rd party and it usually leads to something worthwhile, but this and the Primal kit... No clue.

Still better than the TDW Abominus kit, though. Also delayed in pretty much the same time frame and yikes. DNA feels like a Masterpiece by comparison lol!

18. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've updated my post 479 on page 24 which highlights all the issues with the update on ratchets.

@Yaujta your stress marks are normal with this plastic. It's not broken yet and not that visible so won't break unless you over stress it further. However, see below post re wider issues with wings and how they are glued together causing issues with glue over spilling into the hinge.

The kit is still great value imo and the good retailers are replacing parts via DNA.

DNA Design DK-07 Upgrade Kit for POTP Predaking

19. openchallenge

openchallenge It's own reward

As I've mentioned before I display my set in individual robot modes on a standard detolf shelf. I knew Divebomb's new wings wouldn't be able to fold straight down but I found that with the wings folded down as far as they can go the figure is wider than a detolf. :/

This is bumping against my I like my tfs to transform standards.

20. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haven't really done anything with my set yet (it arrived two hours ago with, like, 400 other things), but BBTS, 2 ratchets