DNA Design DK-07 Upgrade Kit for POTP Predaking

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any of the large scale figures with strong grips and posable hands can hold it. Both third party and official with upgrade hands (titans, CW etc). Even my Armada Unicron can with a bit of effort.

Doesn't clip in to all but grip is fine. For those that struggle with the grip the clear elastic bands that come with some figures to hold TFs in place can be wrapped around the fist to tighten it without being visible.

2. Prescient

News Credits:
    See below, I have updated the post with your new fault.

DNA are confirmed as supporting, so contact your retailer for replacement kit or parts.

3. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll do some experiments with my big bots to check how strong their grip is. I might end up buying a kit for the sword alone if I can make use of it, with the added bonus of securing the bonus parts for when I'll buy Predaking.

4. Bandobras

Bandobras Distracticon

I fixed my shoulder cannons by dripping some future/pledge into the joint and letting it dry. Stays in position fine, even though one of the cannons was vary loose out of the box.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Yes, I contacted Kapow Toys. I also pointed them towards this thread. Their response was twofold:
    1: Your word that we need to go through our local retailer isn't enough
    2: The set was only intended to come with one ratchet, anyone who got two got more than they should have

Therefore if we want more ratchets we need to ask DNA directly.

Locking peg near the tip? I'm confused. Do you mean these marks? I can't find anything else like what you're describing, but I'm pretty sure these are just sprue marks:

IMG_0666.jpg

6. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DNA confirmed kit should ship with 2 ratchets.
    Screenshot_20190212-072542~3.png

7. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

You'll have to tell Kapow. They don't believe me.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  8. Prescient

News Credits:
    Slightly confused by (1) as Kapow are your local retailer who I presume source from DNA or their wholesalers? Why would they go through their retailer, they know the process for replacement parts.

No idea on the ratchets as above 2 should be in. The YouTube reviews all had two and a lot of us here have.

Maybe they ran out in the final batches so restricted to 1 or maybe it's just bad luck.

9. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

What I mean is, Kapow doesn't believe Scott_XII that DNA wants us to go through Kapow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Prescient

News Credits:
    That's what I'm saying, why wouldn't you in this instance go via Kapow who are your retailer who always support their third party via the third-party distributors.

That's never changed (I didn't buy mine from Kapow though) and they always support their products unless they state otherwise.

Suspect it's just miss communication or Kapow are still catching up.

The third parties normally ship in bulk to the local retailer and then parts are onwards shipped. It does take a few weeks.

11. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

They are so far convinced that this isn't a problem because they refuse to believe that we are supposed to get two ratchets. Therefore in their minds we aren't asking for replacement parts, we're asking for things that weren't supposed to be in there.

12. Prescient

News Credits:
    Sounds like they are catching up on this themselves, once they have confirmed with DNA etc it will be resolved.

13. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

I wish I shared your confidence. The email was worded in terms of absolute certainty.

14. Evirdrevo

Evirdrevo Well-Known Member

Two ratchets here from The Chosen Prime's stock. I have the weird squiggly hairline scratches on the sword as well as a below average paint-job on the sword in general. The screws on the wings are definitely a bummer, but not a major issue for me. Aside from those issues, a good upgrade set. Compared to their Devastator set, I'd say it's probably about the same value.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Scott_XIII

News Credits:
    Would this be considered faulty?
    IMG_20190212_204941.jpg
    IMG_20190212_205024.jpg IMG_20190212_204629.jpg
    #wonkysword

16. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Are you going to contact Kapow about the ratchets, @Scott_XIII ? I'm getting nowhere with them and you're the one who's actually talked to DNA.

17. Scott_XIII

News Credits:
    I'm Checking out other areas for QC issues first.
    As well as a missing ratchet I've got a wonky sword and crap wing hinge tollerences.
    The only bits I'm really impressed with so far are the bonus items (missing one) and the weird not-tail thingy for its functionality in combined mode (it's pretty crap in lion mode), this kits got me a bit underwheled so far, it's no where near as good as their Devastator kit which I can't fault.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

I have, I've had a response and they should know by now that a fair few disparate customers who normally don't give them much grief at all are experiencing the same issue with the lack of a second ratchet. I think I may leave it before I see what DNA's communication to them entails and hopefully they will receive the missing ratchet piece.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Scott_XIII

News Credits:
    Going off the QC topic for a minute. Wings - I love the style and articulation but kinda wish they hadn't oversized them. They might be too big. (They look rediculous on Divebomb anyway).

20. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Wings are definitely a PK combo sized piece. Stock wings for DB all the way. An inch and a half shorter and they could have done both jobs. The setting hinge to clear the articulated feathers from behind the shoulders didn't need to do that as dramatically I don't think.