DmC Definitive Edition [PS4/XB1]

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by hellrasinbrasin, Dec 15, 2014.

1. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    This needs to stop. I want new games and not the same ones with better graphics.

3. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Oh look, *another* ps3/360 port to ps4/xb1. What next, 4K upgrades in 2-3 years?

4. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

...This isn't anything new The playstation 3 had a dozen ports but as I recall that was much later in its life cycle. Now not to say that some current gen ports of last gen titles aren't necessary look at GTAV and what happened when it made the jump from the PS3 - PS4 it was already an amazing game but the rock solid upgrade the design team made with the PS4 port took what was great and made it an even greater game. But that was due to the design team making sure that everything was up to the same standards as all the games they've released in the past. Beyond that if the port isn't improving or enhancing an existing title it's just a placeholder until publishers release new games for current gen systems.

5. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Funny how I can already play this on my PC....and it's the same version I bought last year for $8 on steam winter sale.

6. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG]

Definitively.

7. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DmC: Definitive Waste of Money Edition

WHO CARES?!

LET'S TALK ABOUT DEVIL MAY CRY 4: SPECIAL EDITION?!

8. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Here are just some of the awesome new features of DmC: Definitive Edition:
    60 fps and 1080p resolution — It looks and feels super smooth to play.
    Uprezzed Graphics — Including textures, characters, and cinematics.
    Big Bundle of Content — The game includes DmC: Devil May Cry, plus all released DLC: Vergil’s Downfall campaign, 3 Dante skins, 3 Dante weapon skins, and the item finder.
    New Skins — 2 new character skins. Devil May Cry 1 Dante and Classic Vergil.
    Turbo Mode — Turbo Mode returns to the Devil May Cry series, with the game running 20% faster in this mode.
    Hardcore Mode — Hardcore mode retains the experience of DmC, but with a throwback to the classic Devil May Cry games in terms of balance. In this mode, which can be toggled on all difficulty levels, the style system has been rebalanced to make ranking up much harder and ranks deteriorate much quicker. In addition, Devil Trigger doesn’t launch enemies into the air, parrying takes more skill, and all enemies hand out more damage.
    Manual Target Lock — We’ve seen more requests for this than any other feature! The manual target lock works as closely to the classic Devil May Cry lock on as possible and has fully configurable controls.
    Vergil Bloody Palace — Only second to Manual Target Lock in terms of the number of fan requests! This is a new Bloody Palace mode featuring 60 levels and Vergil as the playable character.
    Must Style Mode — This is a hardcore modifier on an epic scale that can be played over any difficulty level. Players must be at an S rank or higher to deal any damage to enemies.
    Gods Must Die Difficulty Mode — This is DmC Definitive Edition’s hardest difficulty mode. It takes DmC’s ridiculously hard Dante Must Die mode and adds a touch more punishment: All enemies spawn with Devil Trigger active and no items or health drops can be used.
    Rebalanced and Retuned — We’ve studied fan feedback and made a whole host of tweaks and balance changes. The style system has been rebalanced, as have bosses. Exploits have been fixed in combat and some of Dante’s moves rebalanced, such as the Demon Evade. Gameplay tweaks have been made following hardcore player testing; frames have been removed from Kablooey shots, Parry/Evade windows adjusted, and collectibles, keys and doors redistributed.
    Integration of Popular Community Mods — DmC Definitive Edition includes community mods such as an optional timer disable for Bloody Palace Mode, a triple dash for Angel Evade, and the ability to hit red and blue enemies with any weapon.
    New Cutscene — an added cinematic scene that never made it into the original.
    It’s not often that a developer gets the opportunity to revisit their game and improve it. We’ve grasped this chance and taken great care to bring DmC: Devil May Cry onto PS4 in the style that it truly deserves."

I appreciate them trying to polish a turd, but it still reeks of shit thanks to what surrounds these gameplay improvements; namely this god awful story and characters.

9. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Disclaimer: I haven't played dmc yet.... but am considering getting this for my wife, actually, who just found the original DmC games, but didn't care for the dated look of them. Torn between this or the HD collection... But I know you can only upgrade PS2 graphics SO FAR...

But most review sites give it a fairly positive review, with most negative aspects being that people didn't want a reboot... but that the game itself is fairly good. Is that not the case, at least in your view, I assume?

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    meh they do this crap and yet Sony refuses to do the HD remake people would throw money at them for.: FFVII

11. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The game was given praise by reviewers but had significant hate by the actual consumers. They launched a very broken, and ugly game. The story and characters in it are the juvenile you'll see last generation; even more juvenile than the sex mini-games in God of War. If that wasn't enough, the game was just horribly unpolished and unbalanced; with a troubled development cycle that Itsuno (director of Dragon's Dogma, DMC 2, AND 3) had to come SAVE the game from being a massive waste of money.

If you're going to pick up one of the two games, please pick up the DMC HD Collection; followed by Devil May Cry 4, or hold out for the SE.

12. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found the game a lot of fun and the characters less annoying the more you play. You know, character development and all. Again though, it's a fun game to actually play, so I sort of think that's fairly important.

That being said, I never thought the series needed a reboot anyways. I also don't think the game made such an impact that they need to release it again like this.

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Call me when they make a Devil May Cry game with Dante in it again.
    I don't care what they call this character. He is not Dante.

14. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I concur about the "fun" aspect of it. Lots of hate for Destiny now, but I ENJOY it, regardless if the story is a mess of knots, or its repetitive bounties... lol

Thanks for the input! :) 

15. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Wait, was this action game NOT 60fps before?

16. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    Nope. Ninja Theory couldn't use MT Framework (Capcom's main engine) and so used Unreal Engine 3, which was almost impossible to get running at 60FPS on a PS360. I think only fighting games accomplished that.

But there's already a FF VII remaster coming to PS4 :p 

What you're actually asking for is a remake, way different from a remaster. This is them just taking the old game and upping the resolution/textures/framerate and throwing a few bonuses. A remake would be remaking the whole game from scratch, and I don' think either Square or Sony is willing to risk over 30 million for that.

17. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Those ps2 to PS3 ports were games that were close to being 10 years old at the time and were made in bundles with added features like trophy/ achievements and wide screen support. Most of these ps3 to ps4 ports are newer games with bundled dlc. I understand games like Gta v because it has a huge fan base and the PS3/ 360 editions were to demanding for the consoles. Same with last of us because a lot of Xbox 360 owners went to ps4 and missed out on it. Games like dmc and sleeping dogs. Weren't big hits in the first place. Overall these companies had 2 - 3 years ahead to make new games and they didn't. I'm glad I got into pc. So I can buy a game 1 time and get the most out of it.

18. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    Meh cool for those who don't have it yet.
    Unless there is something on it that's not on last release i won't be buying it.

19. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:

That's right- if you're having fun, it doesn't really matter if someone else would consider something tedious or just terrible.

Anyways, I enjoyed the whole DMC series, even part 2, which is commonly considered the worst, which I agree with. Just like the new DMC, part 2 was still fun to play if a little easy by comparison.

20. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Learn a few things... Then ask the correct company for the game.