DLC interview from G4

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Rexidus, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    High Moon Studios = game developer and Activision = game distributor. Activision, being the proud holder of the Transformers video game license, hired High Moon Studios to make a game for them. I’m pretty sure Activision has nothing to do with the games programming, but if I’m wrong, please point me to proof stating otherwise.

2. RipCurl

RipCurl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yea I call BS on the feedback shite. They already had onslaught and Scattershot designed , hes even in the credits. They knew they were going to release the dlc just for the cash ¬_¬

3. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Now you get it.... They maybe transformers fans but bussiness men more...
    The feedback is bs and they can do what ever THEY want and they will not listen to are wants and needs....
    They could of picked way better transformers then Onslaught and Scattershot.....
    And no people I don't hate the game its just I'm kind of pissed off at the support they are giving to the gamers, because PC/Xbox/PS3 needs a patch and instead they just release a already made DLC.
    Its like MW2 (For pc) all over and ROTF (For pc)....

Who ever has a PS3 or Xbox should feel lucky because they will one of these days give you a patch.... But us Pc gamers are going to get shit....

4. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Geez, am I the only one that doesn't have any issues with Multiplayer? It runs just as fine as any other games I play online. The DLC seems a bit boring since it's mostly stuff we've already seen but I'll still get. The new Escalation maps sound very cool

5. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I think you missed my point. I didn't say that Activision had anything to do with the programming. They are the publisher, and as such, are the ones responsible for getting the content out there. So this could be a possible bump for what ever reason of there being a delay.

6. Shiny Tan

Shiny Tan BRITZWING

Yes, how dare they attempt to make more money! It's not like they're a company or anything. They should give us what we want for free because feedback, not money, is the biggest factor in giving us a sequel. Right?

...Right?

7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think your jumping the gun a little

most of the points here are about how the content is not new I'd most of it in in the game and working (e.g. scattor shot being in the credits etc) so why such a commanding price for a DLC pack that's just their to unlock some stuff and add 4 maps? they say its costs a lot of money but I'd question that and I'd question the markup (I'm not saying its out of order to ask for 200% of the cost that was needed to make it but most DLC seem to ask for far more)

Also most of this talk saying it costs a lot of money to make DLC... as some one who made HL1, 2 and player models back in the day its not that time consuming. You can get the functional parts down in an afternoon its just the artwork that takes the time and frankly if they are reusing textures its maybe a few days and the map would be done then its just testing and in the case of DLC approval from MS or Sony

8. ganondorf2002

ganondorf2002 Member

Hopefully they release the dlc for pc players at some point soon. I'm not sure what systems everyone is running that is having issues with multiplayer, but I run it on pc and so far haven't had any problems. They can really keep this going with dlc and expansions as long as they don't forget us pc players.

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I did, I'm sorry. I just don't see how Activision would have anything to do with a patch of any kind, as they only get the game to store shelves. Once the game is in the hands of the customer, High Moon Studios is the one we'd have to look to for fixes and whatnot--at least that's how I see it.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Activision is likely the one running the servers and paying High Moon to do what Activision wants. Publishers tend to run all support systems. But yes a patch would be High Moon's department but Activision would be the one to implement it.

Then again I may be wrong because there isn't one set way of publisher/developer relation. Knowing Activision though...

11. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

There is another interview on the Xbox dashboard, guy says that people were complaining that they wanted more soldiers for Autobots and more Leaders for the Decepticons and that's why they put Onslaught and Scattershot in the DLC.

Kinda irks me a bit though, those characters were already created and modeled into the game so they really didn't add them because we wanted them, we only wanted them because they chose to leave them out but put their concept art in.

He also said that they took notice of the $100 price tags on the pre-order codes and most of the questions they got on the play with the devs night were about them, hence why they were added.

Not trying to gripe too much, just seemed underhanded to give us what we already had and pretend it was added because we requested it.

I'd like to see some NEW characters, one they haven't already stuck on the disc as DLC. Zeta and Deadend don't count as they are already on there.

12. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

like autobots need 4 leaders AND 4 scouts if more DLC hits. i'd like to see DLC that would eventually even the character count to 4 per class.
    making escalation have a possible 16 characters to play as.
    allowing 64 combinations of teams. that sounds about right.

5 would be even worse (worse as in cool) in theory because then each side would have 20 characters to play as. totaling out to 80 combinations of teams. :lolol 

13. Vormund

Vormund Member

Activision (as do all publishers afaik) handles distribution of patches as well.

This reminds me of when Irrational Games had a patch completed for Tribes: Vengeance and Vivendi instead cancelled support for the game!

Tribes Vengeance wiki

14. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Oh, then why have I not been playing for 3 weeks on MP? Because if you listen to the fans and players then you would have had a patch out already that fixes the connection issue so I can actually play.

My respect just went down a lot.

15. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I understand all the bitching about the multiplayer issues, but I see the same people on the forum bitching. This leads me to believe that it is an issue, but not as big as those who are experiencing it would like to believe. In my case, even before the patch for 360, I was experiencing a normal amount of online issues.

16. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Check the Facebook page. There are a ton of people with the same issues. Not just us here. Trust me it's a big issue.

17. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    People are loudest when they are upset. So yes, the people with the game crippling effects are few or have really high standards. I'd like it to get fixed still but proclaiming the game a failure is going overboard.

18. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Yeah, people only notice those who complain, the ones who don't care or like something are usually silent.

19. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    The game itself is great.

My only complaints?
    No DLC for PC.
    No playing as DLC or unlocked characters in the story after you beat the game.
    A centralized hosting situation, or host jump solution. (If they don't want to pay for servers to host the matches themselves, then just have the host jump to the next available player.)

That's about it that I can think of for now. Other than that? Just keep bringing on the DLC characters to round out the classes better, and then expand on em.
    The 5 used now, are sorta already in the game, so you know they were planned long before the DLC was announced or fan feedback could happen. Others later? Who knows.