DJD toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by s_cren, Nov 1, 2012.

1. s_cren

s_cren Banned

for anyone who reads the comics the DJD sound awesome! i just read up on them on tfiwiki and they seem like the ultimate Decepticon hit squad. we need toys of them ASAP

2. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I couldn't agree more. Decepticons that turn into torture instruments equals awesome!

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I need DJD figures like a motherfucker. I'm surprised Decepticons as torture equipement hasn't been done before.

4. s_cren

s_cren Banned

when i read about them today i was like HOLY SHIT there AWESOME ,i would love a squad like that on my classics decepticon shelf

5. jametron

jametron Halfway to Heaven, under horsepower of my own…

News Credits:
    I'm not familiar with these characters so I'm not certain what torture devices you're referring to... But let's remember TFs are primarily made for kids... I'm fairly certain that HasTak doesn't see torture devices as a good idea for alt modes, for children!

That having been said, yes I'm on board with this idea... Bring em on!

6. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well, one's a souless-eyed electric chair with a rabid pet sparkeater, one's a four-armed walking smelting drum that heats to whatever it takes to melt a dude, one's a sniper rifle who can remove his face and attach it to others via a ridiculous amount of spikes and drills and other mean things on the interior, one's essentially a giant garbage disposal with an "X" for his facer (the garbage is people BTW) and their leader is a transformation-obsessed tankformer with dual fusion cannons, a Decepticon sybol face and the ability to match the harmonics of his voice with a weak spark's pulse and lower his tone to slowly and painfully extingiush it.

I don't see why there'd be a problem with kids.

7. s_cren

s_cren Banned

holy fucking shit these are by far the coolest decepticons around who do i contact to get these made!

8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I know, right? And there job as a "Justice Division" is so... perfect. Decepticon Justice is hard justice.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haven't been reading the comics, so I didn't know the specifics of their abilities, and was only cursorily aware of their designs.

Now, hearing about Tarn's vocal abilities, I immediately imagined his speech as a combination of Tom Hardy's Bane in The Dark Knight Rises, and Henry Silva's Bane in Batman: the Animated Series.

His normal voice would be rough and unfocused, with indeterminate qualities, like Tom Hardy's rendition of the character. But then as he got to work, it would become sharper, more melodious, more resonant, like Henry Silva's interpretation of the original character concept (Bane's voice was intended to have that melodious, seductive quality to it).

Have no idea how that jives with the actual characterization in the comics, but that was the immediate mental image at any rate.

I'd love to have a toy of Tarn, at the very least. That's an awesome Decepticon enforcer design.

10. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You're missing out on pure gold, especially MTMTE. Easily the best comic book being published today.

But yeah, Tarn is a very cultured, controlled individual. Not unlike Beast Wars Megatron except even more collected and suave.

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, in that case, what I'm imagining seems almost perfect for the character.

IIRC, Hasbro did say at BotCon that they were looking to include more comic-based figures in future lineups...

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I would do terrible things for DJD toys.

Hell who am I kidding, I would do terrible things for ANY MTMTE toys.

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Neeeeeeeeed MTMTE Chromedome as a toy. Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

14. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, the FoC Soundwave toy with his chest cavity looks like an ok base to mod into Tesarus.

Also, i can imagine these guys eventually run into a trouble and get used against eachother. Sniper rifle taking out that big red "X" guy, another one rendered unable to stop cooking his team member, etc.. And when they are all immobile, with limbs torn off and wrecked to an inch of their spark, Tarn mercifully sings them all to death (including himself).

15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I've heard a lot about these guys. Are they basically a Decepticon cult in the comics that follow the Decepticon cause to a terrifying degree using torture methods on thier enimies and on people who get in their way? And is their leader Tarn really that ruthless of a guy that could make even Mrgatron scared?

If anyone can tell me of them that'll be great.

16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Tarn is not that powerful. I believe you're thinking of Overlord in that regard.

But the DJD are pretty terrifying. To Decepticons more than Autobots. They're a group assembled by Megatron to deal out "justice" to any Decepticon foolish enough to defect or do a disservice to the Decepticons in any way. (from cowardly little desserters too scared to fight to the biggest walking tanks with delusions of grandeur) The DJD is feared because of their obscenely brutal methods of torture and murder in order to scare any would-be turncoats back onto the purple path.

17. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Right my bad.

And yikes. O_O I'm honestly shocked that Megatron has yet to send Starscream there to strighten him out. And it wouldn't be suprising if Lugnut joined the group due to his fanaticsim. That would make for some scary scenes in a TF show aimed at adults.

18. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    okay, these aren't for kids.
    Big freakin' deal. THIS is where 3rd Party toy companies could shine.THIS is the argument for their existence, to me. Make this stuff possible!

instead of rehashing G1s classics-style, take obscure but awesome characters and release them.
    The DJD is too good for some snot nosed 9 year old to have, anyway. :bowdown: 

The HoS figures we've seen are a step in the right direction.
    And i would sell blood/plasma to get a DJD figure set. gladly...

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    As much as I despise the price hikes, I'd shell out mad cash for a complete DJD set. Hell, they could be non transforming Robot Replicas and I'd pay big bucks for them simply because their robot modes are freaking AWESOME/TERRIFYING.

It would also be cool if it was through the toy bios that we finally learn who Agent 113 is by the tiniest of clues (like "so-and-so loves shooting Autobots. Especially their faction symbols" or something).

Have you even been keeping up with the comics? Megatron's been AWOL for a long time now and Starscream a major political player on Cybertron.

20. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    To be honest I haven't that's why I'm asking. If circumstances were different then there's no doubt that Megatron will send Starscream to the DJD without hesitation.