DJ Hero Offical-ish Thread - can you get a rewind? Why yes, sir, you can

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Galaxy Convoy, May 29, 2009.

1. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

It... looks... ok... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-.

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

wow...dunno what to say.

not even close to being a contender to a old title (Beatmania)...looks more like a tap tap revenge/revolution title.

4. McBradders

IGN had a an interview where the guy showed off the full controller, it actually looks ok.

I'm hoping the other DJ game is better (is way closer to BM in terms of buttons) so I don't have to give Activision moneys.

5. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Hmmm wonder if they'll include djs in bands, like Sid Wilson from Slipknot, or DJ Lethal from Limp Bizkit (not that I condone Limp Bizkit in any way shape or form, but he was the only other one I could think of!).

Only that and Aphex Twin would make me consider buying this. I would <3 Come To Daddy.

6. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    So, anyone else pick this up today? I played it in store about a week ago, and felt the need to buy it. I played for a few hours, and I for the most part enjoy it.

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

tried it at Best Buy the other day...its ok, not $100+ worthy though

8. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

i was gonna get it until i remember the activision ordeal. cancelled the pre-order, got something else none game related.

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Was tempted to pick it up later on or next year, but i heard it was just ok and the turn table was pretty hard to learn.

10. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

i got the hang of it at a demo in just a few minutes. its south-paw friendly.

11. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    The first thing that you do in the game is learn the controls. It is pretty much the first stage before you can even hit the songs. I learned the basics in the store, it is some of the advanced stuff that tends to be more annoying than difficult. I got through that with little to no difficulty, it is idiot proof, even the advanced moves. The table can be switched to where the buttons can be used either side obviously.

The biggest pain, is the slide bar if anything, mainly because of the way you use it. Now, forgive me because I don't recall the exact terminology they used in it. More or less, you sway it either left or right occasionally with the green and blue color bars. Left for when you take the green bar out more to left, and right for taking the blue bar out to right. Center being no adjustment for Green or blue, it is there to just annoy you if you ask me! Then they add a different use for it, where there are arrows to the sides of the green or blue bars where you do a quick shift out and in. Again, mor annoying than anything.

Now for scratching notes, all pends on difficulty level. The general scratch lets you go either back or forth. Some are actually arrowed to specific directions, up arrow being forward, down arrow being back.

Euphoria mode is pretty much the double points mode, which has its own easy access button.

After getting so many points/notes in a row, you earn a rewind. Way that works, is do a full rotation of the disk, and it takes ya back a few seconds in the song to rehit notes to add points.

Then the pitch knob is designated to certain sections to pretty much mess with pitches and doesn't really count towards the score. Also, controls the random sounds which are activated with the red key under special mode.

Song selection, it has a variety of genres. Stuff like JayZ, Gorillaz, Black eyed peas, Queen, Gwen Steffani. There is quite a few Daft Punk songs on there as well.

Anywho, out of the few hours I have played, I am really enjoying the game. I was never big on a lot of rap, but they have a good mix of stuff.

12. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Do want for Daft Punk and Queen. Don't have a console though, hmm...

13. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

I have GOT to pick this up, if for no other reason than Daft Punk. Unfortunately I've been throwing all my extra cash at upgrading my PC lately and don't have the $120.

14. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll stick with beatmania I think. I think the market is far too whatever-hero saturated at the moment.

15. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I'm not keen on that controller. I saw footage of it when it was up on Inside Xbox and it just looked tackey. The concept is cool but from what i've seen the execution is lacking and imo it will most likely be a title that won't sell overly well.

16. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Then you're gonna love it when "Band Hero" hit's in a few weeks or so.

17. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    From what I have seen, there are 2 Queen songs, We Will Rock You and...crap, I hit a blank with the other. But Daft Punk, has it's own set/level. 8 songs, the last 2 being strictly Daft Punk song mixes. And yes, you can use them as your DJ.

18. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

I. FUCKIN. LOVE. THIS. GAME.

Doesn't beat the real thing (for those of you who have ever actually scratched before) but the same concepts are there. They even throw in samples that you can customize. The mixes are awesome, and I am definitely picking up the DJ hero album when it drops. There is definitely some depth to this that gets quite challenging in the Hard and Expert difficulties.

This game is going to sell quite well. There is something for everyone, but the vast hip hop community that might have passed on Guitar Hero or even Rock Band, will most likely pick this up. At least this is the trend I'm seeing amongst my hip hop head friends. But more importantly, this game really is fun and the control is great and very portable. Add to that the downloadable content that is on the way, and there is endless fun for this game. The game is also two players for some mixes. One player scratches and another plays the guitar for songs that offer it.

It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, as DJing is definitely not as mass appealing as playing a guitar, singing, or playing the drums, but that's not to say that this game doesn't succeed at being fun and challenging as a videogame.

19. McBradders

Number 20 in the all formats chart week one of release in Europe. Bomba.

20. Blackstar

Blackstar TFW2005 Supporter

I picked it up last week and yes, it does have a learning curve, but I found it very rewarding once you did learn all the techniques. I have to say, after playing this and Guitar Hero in the same day, I may just be tired of the "guitar game" but, this really held my interest and attention. The mixes are all very well done, stuff that I wouldn't mind listening to on a daily basis, and they are fun to play. Just like learning the guitar, once you get it down it feels like second nature. So far, the friends that I have shown this to are much more interested in it that Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I hope it does well.