Divebomb44's Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Divebomb44, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Divebomb44

Divebomb44 Anglobot

Hi, and welcome to my humble collection thread!

About three years ago I decided to start a Movie-themed CHUG collection, which turned out to be an inspired decision given HasTak's releases since. As I'm now close enough to being finished (Wreck Gar and Gnaw are the two obvious absentees) it seems like a good time to share a few of my key collection pieces. So, without further ado...

Movie Autobots

Movie Autobots Jan 17 Coloured.jpg

Would love an official Rodimus Prime and a good Grimlock but there's nothing suitable out there yet. Otherwise I'm one Wreck Gar away from calling this group done!

Movie Decepticons

Movie Decepticons Coloured.jpg

A much smaller focus for this group of 'Cons. Both Galvatron and TT Scourge replaced the older models - finally a Decepticon leader that actually stands taller than his troops! I've been tempted by CW Cyclonus and may still get him but the RTS is a collection favourite, so I definitely won't be getting rid of him.

Season 3/4 Decepticons

Season 3-4 Decepticons Recoloured.jpg

A slightly more impressive bad guy roster. FP Quadruple U is IMO head and shoulders above Wolf Wire, but then so is the price - I'd like to get more Function X figures but there's only so much I can afford! TR Soundwave is a fantastic figure, but it is a bit odd having him tower over Galvatron.

Lost Light

Lost Light Crew Recoloured.jpg

So with the above crews all but finished I've started thinking about what to focus on next, and I think it's gonna be the Lost Light. Given the MMC and SXS releases previewed for this year I'm considering going 3P for this one - after all, I haven't been in a hurry to collect anything so far, so the waiting times shouldn't bother me too much!

There's plenty more where these guys come from (my other half might say too many), but this is the best of my CHUG collection to date. Thanks for looking!

• Like Like x 3
  2. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    Your collection looks great! I'm definitely a fan of your Lost Light collection!

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheIronBot

TheIronBot Well-Known Member

I was thinking about doing the same thing. I have three shelves and I might dedicate my middle shelf to a Movie-CHUG collection. I think I will seeing how awesome this looks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Divebomb44

Divebomb44 Anglobot

Thanks CyberstormSM! The LL crew happened very much by accident, but now it's started I'm going to build on it. MMC's Calidus looks like a fantastic IDW Hot Rod so I'll probably start there...

You definitely should! It's a nice focus for a display. My Movie shelf has since been infiltrated by a load of Headmasters, but I'm not complaining...

5. TheIronBot

TheIronBot Well-Known Member

Ya, im gonna do Movie + some of the cool guys from season 3 and 4 like Octane... hrm, sorry, Octone, and Sandstorm, Scorponok whenever we get a Titan of him, and others.