display stand

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tragbot, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Tragbot

Tragbot Active Member

I wonder where can i find display for transformers, so i can get these high fly than ground, anyone who can, where can i get and buy it?

2. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

You can try Flightpose stands, and those mostly work for aircraft and TFs that can rest on the three posts. Some TFs and 3P MPs have a small mount that allows them to mount on certain flight stands, but I don't know which stands, or which bots, can do this.

3. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Can you give us an example of a Transformer you would like to use with the display stand?

4. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    Bandai Action Base 4 has some annoyances but has both 3mm and 5mm pegs, crotch holders, and clamps.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

Almost all Generations figures since Thrilling 30 have a 3mm port for Bandai/Gundam style stands, typically located on the butt or between the butt and crotch.

Takara did a limited run of similar stands.

3mm is a fairly standard size display stand port on Japanese toys. Bandai uses it. Most Bandai competitors use it. Fext uses it.

However you’ll need doll stands or claw stands if you want to connect anywhere else, which are also quite common.

Most 3mm stands have claw attachment alternatives.

The biggest issue you’ll run into is that Transformers tend to be heavier than Gundams, Figuarts, etc. so it’s generally smart to get stands that describe themselves as “for mechanicals” and have thicker supports, particularly above Deluxe class.

Not many stands will hold leaders although most leaders DO have 3mm ports at the base of the crotch.

6. Tragbot

Tragbot Active Member

Not that bad idea, but what about large display stand for primus and unicron?

7. Amadeus Novilium

Amadeus Novilium Say Hi To Your Mom For Me

That my friend is a place that retail can not provide. I send you a address.

8. Amadeus Novilium

Amadeus Novilium Say Hi To Your Mom For Me

For that, retail can not provide. I give you a address
    Requests

9. protohuman

protohuman part Greeble, part Shell...

I use Action base 5, primarily because it was cheap and I already had 3mm to 5mm adapters. Was shipping items from HLJ and through it in the cart for around $5. I didn't want it too look weird so I got the green translucent with sparkles model.

10. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    I don't even know where you would begin for alt mode of planet figures. Maybe hire local crafts people. Theoretically, the easiest would be a large metal ring with legs. Another option is use a large flat slab of wood / acrylic with a concave pit in the middle. Another idea is start with 4 large wooden triangles and then use a jigsaw and sander to cut out concave grooves in each one. Then attach all 4 to a large slab of wood. Good luck with that.

11. protohuman

protohuman part Greeble, part Shell...

I used to hang my toys from 20lb test fishing line when I was a kid. Allowed me to fill the shelf space vertically. Clearly not the best solution but can be well hidden.