Disney's The Lion King (2019)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With that said the film will make tons of money of course.

"FRIDAY AM UPDATE: Disney's The Lion King delivered $23 million from Thursday night previews yesterday beginning at 6PM. This is well above the $16.3 million Beauty and the Beast brought in from previews as well as the $18.5 million for Incredibles 2. The film also opened in a further 22 international markets yesterday, including Russia and Brazil, taking the full total to 42 material markets to date from which the current international cume now stands at $130.5 million heading into the weekend.

We'll take a closer look at things tomorrow morning once Friday estimates come in. For now you can check out our weekend preview below."

Disney's 'The Lion King' Looks to Roar at the Weekend Box Office - Box Office Mojo

2. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    ^ Lol whoopee, Doug Walker ranting for 20 minutes about something he made up his mind to hate the moment it was announced three years ago. Just waiting for the “Everything Wrong about Nostalgia Critic’s The Lion King (2019)”. :lol 

Honestly just see this in IMAX, I saw it in 3D because it worked with my schedule yesterday afternoon and I wasn’t impressed on a technical level. IMAX is definitely the way to go or just plain standard. Looks and sounds lightyears better.

3. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Biggest issue: Pacing.

6.5/10

4. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never thought I would agree with that statement, but here I am.
    I mean, I didn't laugh, I just cringed a bit too hard.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

I saw this film, and the thing I will say about it, is the Neo Geo footage is amazing! Near perfection! Only needs narration from David Attenborough!

The rest of the movie is basically, The Lion King: Less Good Censored Edition, with more zombies. (Mainly the lack of emotions, and the telepathy.) While there is mouth movements, it's very inconsistent. Sometimes there will be mouths moving, other times, there won't. That's when they're clearly talking with telepathy! But, it doesn't matter, since they're all dead inside zombies with no emotions anyways!

It is an entertaining film though. Entertaining enough for a one and done. Can't see this film being seen over the original in a year or so. Or heck, 20. I bet the original will still be watched regularly in 20 years. While this one will collect dust in the bargain bin section.

Out of all these animated remakes, Dumbo is still the best. If for no other reason, than, because it actually does things that are different. (In the second half, especially.) While this is just the same film, told, less well, with less good actors. Plus, pretty effects.

Overall, it's a C film. 7 out of 10. It will keep you entertained, but wishing you were watching the original in theaters again, instead. Which, would have been cheaper for Disney, and probably been more profitable too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Prime Red

Prime Red Banned

C is a seven? Shouldn't it be more like five?

7. Dolza_Khyron

7 is 70 percent, which is a C grade.

8. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Worst movie of 2019 thus far.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    I liked it alot , seeing it but with real animals was really call. I think some people needa just loosen up a little and enjoy things more.

10. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol did you see Miss Bala or Wonderpark or Curse of the Llorona?

11. Dolza_Khyron

Wonder Park is one of my favorite films of this year, and I totally loved Curse of Llorona. Both, are easily better films than this one.

12. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I haven't seen either of those and have only heard of Llorona (which I have on request at my library). However, until now, Glass was easily my worst movie of 2019. I expected it to be either Escape Room or The Kid Who Would Be King, but both of those were far more enjoyable that they should have been.

13. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:

• Like Like x 1
  14. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Dolza_Khyron

Well, that's not exactly true.
    Pumbaa now beats the hyenas because he beats up bullies, or something like that. No longer because they called him a pig. But, because they called him fat.

Other than that, they are pretty much beat for beat the same character. Most of the lines are the same too.

16. SHINOBI03

To me Dark Phoenix is still worse.

17. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's insulting to Dark Phoenix, which at least had some great sequences and far better acting.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SHINOBI03

At least The Lion King didn't assassinate his characters or shoehorned unnecessary character contradicting politics nor was it a terrible end of an era of a long running series that helped in building the modern day cinema because the writers failed to understand what they were working on.

19. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

So in the original film, during Mufasa's death, everything about it is so bloody intense and emotionally charged to make the viewer get damn chills down their spine every single time they watch it. Mufasa's face is one of confusion, to outright horror at the revelation of being betrayed by his own flesh and blood, and the realization that he's about to die. Jeremy Iron's perfect delivery of that iconic line, and encapsulating Scar just deliciously savoring the moment before committing the horrific atrocity, and Simba's heart wrenching screech upon witnessing his father's death from something the former himself did.

Everything from the music, the pacing, the play on colors and lighting, how it was shot etc... Everything was perfectly executed.

And then, you have the remake where
    Scar essentially belches out the same line like he's either bored as hell, or upset for some reason, and literally bitch slaps Mufasa off of a little cliff, and the latter doing a fucking back flip in slow motion while choking out the laziest death scream I've heard from recent memory, and Simba squeaking, "noooo", as if he just dropped a slice of pizza.

Combine that with the fact that none of the character's faces ever changed during the whole sequence, the Muppet style mouth movement, and the generic and dull way the scene was shot... It was actually hard for me and others to have taken what was one of the most gut wrenching moments in film, seriously, as noted when I heard a bunch of snorts and snickers both behind and in front of me. Literally Godzilla and co. had more expression in their faces than The Lion King, and by a significant amount.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'll see it when my library gets it.