Disney's The Lion King (2019)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
  2. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Character posters...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I like how Timon and Pumbaa look. I hope the Hyenas get their own posters.

4. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Timon and Pumba look like they're smiling. Even Nala's posters look like she's giving a smirk but it might be just how lion snouts look like.

5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:

6. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Those posters look good. But I still have trouble imagining Seth Rogen as pumbaa.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really? That's interesting. For me, the ONLY new castings that I thought were perfect replacements for the originals were Seth Rogan and John Oliver.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    1. Young Nala looks pretty adorable honestly.
    2. Rafiki looks so good it’s phenomenal. He looks real as fucking shit and yet he’s absolutely still recognizable as the cartoon character.
    3. Mufasa looks amazing. Just a fantastic default image of perfection in Lion form.
    4. Scar may not have his black mane and brown fur, but he looks demented as shit and I like it.
    5. Sarabi looks like what a majestic lioness should look like. I really hope she gets some good moments here and isn’t shunted aside or anything.
    6. Zazu looks great. Like the others, he’s realistic but still quirky enough to really look like John Oliver.
    7. Simba looks good.
    8. Nala looks exotic, and I like that I can kinda tell the difference between her and Sarabi fairly easily.
    9. Timon looks pretty adorable, but he looks like he can be a little shit too. Perfect.
    10. I’ve seen a lot of people shitting on Pumbaa and honestly I don’t give a fuck. Pumbaa looks great. Yeah he’s gray, but the little clip we got of him in the trailer, he still seems like a lovable doof.

Gimme those hyena posters so we can identify who’s who. Going off the trailer, the trio is comprised of three hyenas with some unique features - starting with Shenzi, who appears to have the “default” hyena look. Then you have Kamari and Azizi, aka Banzai and Ed. The other two hyenas seen in the “kill him” shot in the trailer have a torn ear, and a kinda bald looking head with wrinkles on their crown. The latter looks kinda like a methhead of a hyena, so if they’re keeping Ed as a crazy hyena or something, then I’m calling the bald one as Azizi/Ed, with Kamari/Banzai being the hyena with the torn ear.

As for that spot, damn, the effects just keep getting better. The elephants have finally crossed the threshold of looking actually real as shit like everything else. The lighting and color continues to improve with every subsequent trailer. Circle of Life looks a thousand times better than the teaser already, though they still need to get rid of the Indian rhino lol. Love the shot of Mufasa nuzzling Sarabi, Mufasa looks huge and I love it. James Earl Jones sounds incredible in his line, to the point I wasn’t sure that it was him at all. Lately in his old age he hasn’t sounded so great, but he sounded terrific even when you don’t consider the amplification from his ghostliness. And then the shot of him and Simba from behind. Shot for shot? Yes. Incredible to see? Absolutely.

• Like Like x 1
  9. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:

10. Chopperface

News Credits:
    I know a lot of folks aren’t hot about Beyoncé voicing Nala because it’s supposedly stunt casting and she hasn’t had any good roles, but I dunno, I’m not a super Beyhive fan or anything and I’m willing to give her a chance. Her voice certainly sounds nice if nothing else.

Also the Battle of Pride Rock looks lit, literally.

11. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I’ve only seen Beyoncé act twice. Once in Austin Powers Goldmember (which she was fine in), and once in Obsessed (a so bad it’s good Fatal Attraction knock off). I’ve seen both ends of the spectrum with her. I’m willing to give her a chance, and I’d say she’ll probably be used more like she was in Goldmember.

12. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I am just rubbing my eyes now at Seth Rogen Pumbaa voice. I'm just surprised.

13. Chopperface

News Credits:

Starting at 1:00 there’s some new clips and footage:

* The shot of the elephant and the other animals emerging from the river on their way to Pride Rock for Circle of Life
    * Young Simba overlooking Pride Rock
    * Mufasa teaching Simba to pounce Zazu, then playing with his son
    * Much of the same dialogue from the original from Mufasa “I’m only brave when I have to be” and all.
    * Scar: “I must take the throne”.
    * Scar siccing the hyenas on Simba after the big trailer reveal shot of him (“kill him”)
    * Young Simba crossing the desert by himself (awww)

• Like Like x 1
  14. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:

I need this scene in live-action. Anyone else got any scenes they're waiting for?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Lots.

Be prepared
    Mufasa's ghost
    Bug eating scene
    I just can't wait to be king

• Like Like x 2
  16. Chopperface

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Guys I know that I'm no Red, but here's my attempt at a more 1994-ish Scar. The muzzle and mouth left me kinda unsure what to do so all I did was just brighten it a bit. And you know I'm cool with Chiwetel voicing him but eh I had some fun. @Red Goblin I'm an amateur but I am inspired by your handiwork!

• Like Like x 4
  17. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Not a bad fan-art image. The only complaint I have is the mane on the top of his head, but that's an obvious mistake that couldn't be helped. The rest of it looks wonderful.

18. Chopperface

News Credits:

New spot with a BEAUTIFUL rendition of “This Land”.

19. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

Honestly I'm cool with pale Scar. I'd just make the mane framing his face dark and make his scar more prominent if I was altering his design.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Just read the novelization that got released. I’ll say that going off this draft of the script they adapted - and I know this is gonna really turn some people off - but it is a lot of the original film with a bit of new stuff. There are stretches of heavy internal thoughts where I’m pretty sure there are songs; if that’s the case, we are definitely getting a few new songs in addition to the original fiveish. They definitely mostly focus on Simba’s perspective for this novelization, so we don’t see some scenes like the hyenas chasing the wildebeest into the gorge, for example, the novel just has Scar recount it for the reader.

With this being a novel I can’t say how much will make it into the final film. Some dialogue we’ve already heard from spots doesn’t show up here. It’s hard to judge a novel like this, so who knows. There are some passing references to the rest of the franchise, though, namely Broadway, The Lion Guard, and Simba’s Pride.

Like I said, hard to judge a non-musical early draft adaptation of an adaptation.