Disney Plus Official Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gaastra, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Season 3 gets shit on more then it should. Might not be as good as Season 1 or 2 but I liked it. The final episode was pretty good and gave it a satisfying ending.
    The Gargoyles were shown to be heroes to the outside world and weren't hated by the general public anymore. They can now live without having to hide.
    Was 100% of loose threads tied up in a nice little bow? No. Like pretty much every show ever, you could find some story thread to continue if future episodes were made.

I do remember an animation error in Season 3 ep 1 that was fixed the next time it aired. A character was inside a building next to a hole in the wall. Outside was an attack copter. Well they screwed up on the layers of animation so the wall was behind the copter. Meaning the copter would have to be toy sized to be in the same room as the character. :D  In a later airing, it was fixed so the wall later was moved in front so you could only see the copter through the hole in the wall.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Issy543

Issy543 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Suddenly, I'm getting Transformers Animated and Spectacular Spider-Man vibes from this, in the sense that more was planned, but it was cancelled prematurely...

It not being in HD isn't a deal breaker, but certainly a missed opportunity. I was considering to import the DVD in the case it wasn't HD, but the DVDs are too expensive to import (found it on eBay for $75...no thanks), so I'll wait for Disney+ to arrive.

Thanks for letting me know about Season 3's situation. I'll remember that when I watch the show.

3. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Great choices! I'm still counting those as Canon. Eat me, Disney!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I've been having a good time going through the original Disney shorts of the 20s and 30s in between work. I hope Disney puts more resources into putting more vintage cartoons up there. I'll sing their praises if they put in some pre-Steamboat Willie titles like the Alice cartoons.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

The Goliath Chronicles gets shit on for all the right reasons. First it was basically done without Greg Weisman's input except for the Journey and everything that had been built up before was basically thrown away for an episode of the week format. Generic new villains, dodgy animation, barely any ties to the continuity that had been built up. They barely touched on Goliath and Elisa's relationship despite the quantum leap it had taken at the end of Hunter's Moon 3, the Xanatos' were neutered, we got one episode with Demona, and the new theme song is horrendous. I could go on, but the Goliath Chronicles is best left forgotten. At least we got a 12-issue comic series that was officially considered the real season 3.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Issy543

Issy543 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just found out Greg Weisman was involved in The Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice. I wondered why his name sounded familiar.

Given how Young Justice was fortunate enough to get a third and fourth season on DC Universe, and seeing how Star Wars: The Clone Wars (The 2008 TV series) is getting one more season for Disney+ in 2020, maybe Gargoyles can get a new season after all. I doubt Spectacular Spider-Man will though, unless Disney and Sony can come to terms.

7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Me and my family are just having so much fun with Disney+.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Prime Red

Prime Red Banned

Try not to get your hopes up. The only reason you are getting more clone wars is because the season was already started just never finished. And as far as Spectacular, Disney is the one who killed that in the first place. Sony doesn't have any kind of control over Spider-Man in TV form.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Disney does not own Spectacular. They could pay for the reruns like they did wolverine and the X-Men but why would they make new episodes for a show for another studio. They would not own any of the new episodes they would make.

As for the Saturday morning last season of Gargoyles, I did like it. Is it the best show in the world? No but I liked it at the time. With that said last time I saw it was when it was first one (unless usa cartoon express aired that season as well.) so I don't know how well he has held up today.

10. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

The app crashes my older G5 but works fine on the G6 (I keep one permantly hooked up in bed for watching movies and youtube, etc) when I switch devices, it does remember where I left off which is nice.

Works great in the xbox one too.

11. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Usually I need internet to play Disney+, but would the downloaded video be able to be watched with no internet connection, Like in the park or on the airplane?

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    I believe so yes. As long as you have the device you downloaded it to with you.

13. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Yeah, they did. But speaking of Hulu with Live TV, I dropped cable about a year ago for Hulu with Live TV (and added Philo to supplement it). I'm reading that if you have Hulu, and you sign up for this new Disney service with the same e-mail as your Hulu account, and get a "Disney Bundle". Does anyone know how this would work as a Hulu with Live TV customer? I apologize if this has already been answered in this thread.

Yeah, the Michael Jackson episode was actually de-canonized by The Simpsons producers earlier this year. They claimed that "it's their book, and they can remove a chapter if they want to." - Michael Jackson Episode Removed From ‘The Simpsons’

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  14. SCENARIO

SCENARIO Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this all sounds great

reading the article I find

I really hope they follow through on their word here. At the same time I worry it won’t be as streamlined. I would hate to have to activate the 4:3 option for every episode view, as that would be irritating. A way to just click a switch button to enable the feature fully thorough the seasons would be ideal.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess the better way is to have the default be the 4:3 and give viewer's the option to watch it in 16:9

• Like Like x 2
  16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    This would be ideal.

17. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    They need to fix the scrolling options and make it more like Netflix. I find it more precise and smooth to just use the left and right keys on my TV remote as opposed to having to select FF and desperately try to land at the right time, and currently it’s still a little sluggish to get it to work anyway.

18. Blackout32

Blackout32 PANTERA FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm gonna get the Disney+ service since SW Mando is out now. I just need to have some cash cause they only give you 7days trial which sucks but it's also very early stages still. So knowing myself i won't be able to put the service down in time so better to have some cash for a few months of service I'm saying.

19. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Got it yesterday its good

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got hulu live last month after our cable bill shot to over $230 for the smaller package and we needed a cheaper way to get live tv! Family is ticked over the price change after we just got it. Add internet price, Netflix, hulu and now Disney plus we are back to over $100 again! (we got boomerang for a year so we don't have to worry about it for now)