Disney Infinity Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gaastra, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

but i just barely started collecting skylander stuff!

if this game turns out to be good...

oh my poor wallet.

4. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, Wreck-It Ralph, Pirates, Incredibles, Nightmare, and Toy Story. If this has Tron in it, I'm sold.

And if it starts going into the 2D Disney stuff... oh boy

5. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I'm surprised Nintendo didn't do something like this with Pokemon Rumble, especially considering their previous attempts at making a TFG. At any rate, this seems like something I'd be all over if I were younger, but neat at best.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, this could make them a shit-ton of money if they do it right...

7. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

*Rather pessimistic post to follow*

If the starting plate is the Disney equivalent of the Portal of Power, then it's an improvement in hardware. Seems thinner, sleeker and with three designated spots instead of the PoP's single, stuff whatever the hell you can onto it system.

The open world also looks to be better than Skylanders' fixed levels, since with 50-odd Skylanders, the 16 levels in Giants and 22 in Spyro's Adventure + the 4 Adventure Pack levels run out fast.

Unfortunately, Disney will have huge issues selling that game to me. Mainly because I don't like any of Disney's characters. Skylanders may have had Spyro (who I personally don't particularly care for), but it brought along with it cool characters like Stealth Elf and Chill. Add in Ignitor, Whirlwind, Sonic Boom, Zook, Terrafin, Sprocket, Hex and Chop Chop, and at least there are characterrs to try for the first time (even if half of them suck in game).

Disney...we already know what the characters will likely do. Buzz Lightyear's going to fly, Lightning McQueen can probably ram into things along with Mater and Mr. Incredible with simply smash things up with brute force.

Unless you happen to like Disney characters, this game doesn't have much to draw you in. At least Skylanders had mystery (so even if you didn't particularly like Spyro, you could still want characters like Stealth Elf who you'd never seen before), Disney Infinity...I guess I'm biased because I've never liked any of the characters featured in the trailer, but there's no mystery to draw me into it.

Plus, I'm yet to see some sort of overarching storyline. Sure, we have Mr. Incredible teaming up with a monster and a pirate to fight off a giant robot (yeah...generic scene much?), but there's no plot yet revealed. Skylanders had us take down Kaos/Frightbeard/Hektore, Disney Infinity...well, with such a freeform world, a plot will be very hard to fit into it, that's for sure.

The level uniqueness (Monster University, Pirate-y level) also brings about the question of whether we'll have fully-fledged worlds to travel, or lone levels which are themed around one particularly Disney branch. Skylanders had the same issues in Spyro's Adventure (with the ice terrain wasted on Empire of Ice, the world-switching only on Darklight Crypt, etc.), if Disney makes the same mistake of keeping levels unique by minimising the number of levels, then that's another mark against Disney Infinity.

All that said, I could see myself playing it. But only for a few minutes. There just aren't any characters to want to play as. When they put in Wall-E and Eve (or just Eve, no one cares about Wall-E), then let me know. Because I would pay to have the chance to play as Eve and blow up Wall-E into the pile of trash that he is.

Also, call me when Nintendo wakes up and makes their own better version. Even Mario is more interesting to play as, and he's not interesting.

8. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    I'm not really a big fan of Skylanders.. and my girlfriend and I were looking at the games the other day, and decides against it.
    However, now that it's a Disney version... she ACTUALLY wanted to preorder it.

9. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like tron, phineas & ferb and perry has been confirmed.

Tron is in!

Toy-Based Game, Disney INFINITY, Coming in June - G4tv.com

10. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

After talking so much smack to my son about Skylanders I must apologize to him. I will be getting this.

Chuck

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I'm interested enough to keep an eye on it.
    I was surprised to see Agent P, but even more surprised not to see Micky Mouse.

12. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I think the Mouse pals have proven themselves to not really be a driving force as they once were in terms of driving sales of things. The target audience for this game is certainly about what's hot now and that's really nothing to do with the typical Disney fare, it's Pixar and family movie franchises.

The gang will be in there but probably as a concession for parents who enjoy a nostalgia kick. What surprised me was no Princesses and none of Tinkerbell's ho's. That is super weird.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I think you just called me an old man. :( 

14. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I never tried Skylanders but I know of concept. I wish Hasbro would do the same.

Anyway, Disney/pixar characters + collectibles + playing with my kids. I'm in for sure.

15. McBradders

So? You are an old man.

16. seali_me

17. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
  19. McBradders

Looks like that they have arm swivel, they are already leagues ahead... also dat brand recognition, man.

20. seali_me

I'm okay with the minimal poses with this.

Just imagine what Hasbro can do with Transformers and GIjoe.