Disney+ button now on Roku remote!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Dark Starscream, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream w/Powermaster Cobra Cmdr.

So I've been looking for a remote with the Disney Plus shortcut button and I finally found it at Wal-mart today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's the Roku Streaming Stick+ for $49.99 at Wal-mart, SKU 3810RW.

Notice that the outside packaging doesn't indicate what the shortcut buttons are. I saw the Copyright 2019 on the package and just took a chance! Like with Transformers, the pictures on the box aren't always identical to what's inside. I was so delighted to see that Disney+ shortcut button, because now that I opened the box, there was no going back!

And since I use Netflix, Disney+, and Vudu, I got really lucky.

The Streaming Stick will also allow me to access my other services like CBS All Access that my 2014 Phillips TV won't allow me to access. That, and the quad-core processor on the stick will make navigating through Netflix much faster than my sluggish Netflix app built in to my 2014 TV!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Noble1skull

Noble1skull currently living

Whoa, I forgot Disney+ even existed

• Like Like x 1
  3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What those remotes should allow is for the user to program the buttons. Not have a pre-programmed channel in them. I don't have VUDU so that would be a total waste of a button for me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

I agree, allow us to program them to do what we need. I don't plan to use Disney + anytime soon, but I am using Netflix, Amazon Prime, You Tube, and Tubi. Everything else is useless to me, until I am using them, and becomes useless to me once I am no longer subscribed to them.

5. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream w/Powermaster Cobra Cmdr.

I've heard the Target version has a CBS All Access button instead of a Vudu button. The Wal-mart Roku remote has Vudu because that is their proprietary service for selling digital movies.

6. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine has youtube in the Disney plus spot. I do use Vudu for their "scan your dvd and blu-ray you own and get a digital copy of it for $2 deal". {Plus they tend to give away a free $2 points by watching a free with ads movie I can use to get a free digital movie with every few months.) Down side is some of their wb stuff can be high if you don't use the disk to digital and no Vudu gifts cards anywhere. They are owned by Wal-Mart and Wal-Mart does not sell Vudu gift cards? What on earth?

Funny thing is I forget those buttons are there and return to home most of the time before I go to another site. Lol.

7. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'd ever consider ordering a custom remote from their headquarters. Select the buttons on a website, pay a fee and shipping, and send. Otherwise, being able to program your own, and maybe a set of labels from a sheet for looks, would be nice. They have a dedicated Roku app, so all those could be done.

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

Well, like we've said, those buttons are nice and all for anyone who has those services, but any of them you don't have, and they're just a useless button. Don't have any of those services, and you just want to like say, use Amazon Prime, or Xfinity's new streaming service or whatever, maybe just want to use HBO Max? Yea, then all those buttons aren't just useless, but can actually become an annoyance. I've never used a Roku, but I have used other remotes with those built in buttons.

Pressing them on accident can take you out of the movie you're watching, and into the streaming service. Plus, they like to put them close to the rewind/fast forward buttons. At least, if they're programmable, they'd be useful to everyone. Anyone who doesn't have those, then it's just an annoyance.

Programmable buttons would be useful to everyone. Disney +, Netlix, Hulu, and VUDU buttons all sound nice, if you have all those services, but they'd be far more useful as programmable. As they exist now, they're just advertisements for those services.

Personally, I think they should do the best of both worlds. Add four more buttons below those four, and make them programmable. I don't need fancy labels or anything. Just 1-4, or A-D would work just fine for me. Now, if you wanted a zillion of those buttons, sure, need the labels, but I can remember what I programmed 4 buttons to do without them. But, labels would be nice for those who need it. I personally wouldn't use it though. But, that'd be good for those who would want it.

• Like Like x 1