Disliking "good" toys and liking "bad" toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Jul 31, 2014.

1. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Wheelie :) 

2. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Hated Figures I Love
    M-09 Rodimus Prime
    DotM voyager Ironhide
    RotF leader Megatron
    DotM deluxe Bumblebee
    RotF voyager Mixmaster
    DotM leader Sentinel Prime
    CHUG Wreck Gar

Loved Figures I Hate
    Movie 1 voyager Ironhide
    DotM leader Ironhide
    DotM deluxe Soundwave
    CHUG Kup
    CHUG Perceptor
    CHUG Bumblebee
    CHUG Wheeljack
    CHUG Tracks

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

rotf mixmaster looks horrible, unless you miss transform him.

then he's general grievous. and my favorite ROTF decepticon.

although i find that true about a lot of movie figures. they are all usually better if you miss transform them.

4. HunGrrr

HunGrrr Walks with Elias

As for "Hated" figures that I really like:

Armada Hot Shot- I know it looks goofy, but I always found him a blast to play and fiddle with. I made an unofficial "sled" mode for him, which amuses me to no end. Seriously, fiddling with that mold is almost a compulsion at times.

Prime Knock-out- I LOVE this mold. I find the engineering fun and fascinating. Clever, clever transformation.

Prime FE Vehicon: I love the RiD one too, but I like the FE one for different reasons. The backpack doesn't bother me, and the beefiness works perfectly as my Vehicon Commander.

TFTM '07 Leader Prime: I know he's not "hated", as much as "forgotten and underrated." The trick with this mold is ignoring/overlooking the fact that he's not a very accurate representation of the movie Optimus Prime. As a plain old truck transformer, he kicks a LOT of ass. The vehicle mode is nice and solid, the robot mode is beefy and posable, despite some kibble, and the transformation process is satisfying and involved without being too fiddly or overcomplicated.

Molds I dislike that most people love:

Armada "Bendy" Prime: I just do not like it whatsoever. I don't find it much more "bendy" than the larger one (the regular mode, not the super mode). I think the vehicle mode looks worse than the larger one, and the slightly better articulation does not compensate for the downgrade in size and loss of super mode in my eyes.

G1 Quickswitch: I think the robot mode's proportions are goofy, and the alt modes so much less satisfying that Sixshot. I know it's just my opinion, but holding the two six-changers side-by-side, Quickswitch just screams "half-assed" to me.

5. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Energon swoop is awesome....grimlock is still rubbish. On the flipside, I have soured on the alternators and if I can get to my mums house to get the boxes, theyre going to ebay. Otherwise ill just sell em loose.

6. AoE

AoE OUR WORLDS ARE IN DANGER

News Credits:
    I'm a big fan of Knockout and hate Bumblebee's that aren't the TF07, DOTM deluxe, and new Camaro.

7. Silen Prime

Silen Prime The Hunter

News Credits:
    This^ he needs to scale right with Soundwave and Blitzwing.

Figures I Like- Foc Bruticus, Foc Jazz, Foc Voyager Soundwave(we need better legends cassettes though), Foc Seeker mode(until we get a voyager then that goes back on Foc Shelf). Aoe Leader Grimlock.

Figures I don't like- RID Thundertron(Mechtech weapon is useless because the sword doesn't lock into place, and the shoulders are weird), and Aoe Voyager Grimlock(leader is more size accurate, other dinos should have been at least voyager with Scorn as a leader class size).

8. Slimshadow457

Slimshadow457 Well-Known Member

Seriously who doesn't like Orion and the new Megatron and RTS Prime?! Some of you mention them like they're badly percieved, but I've yet to see that to such extent. Both figures are regarded as quite good by most people's standards, and RTS is a good homage that lead to an awesome MakeToys kit and two really impressive repaints (Blue and Scourge).

I guess I never genuinely dislike a figure. I don't care for ROTF constructicons because they are complicated, messy and just don't deliver a satisfactory result. I don't mind Longhaul, though. He's a bit skinny but he's the only tolerable son of a gun. I'm not a fan of DOTM Roadbuster since his head keeps poppin' off. Not a fan of ROTF Sideways because of his weird feet situation with the tiny toe thing...

Now, BW lovers, here's where I get the flak. I... really like Henkei remake of Cheetor......... Think he's perfect for what he set out to do, and he fits in okay if not a bit too big to scale with the newer BW Generations.

9. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    ROTF Deluxe Soundwave is the only one I can really think of. I remember he got tons of flack when he first was released. Now with the HA version he's pretty forgotten. I still consider him the best movie version of Soundwave. He can get floppy pretty quickly and things don't peg in as solidly as one would hope, but he's still loads of fun to mess with. Couple that with the dozens of fanmodes he has and he's a pretty good figure.

Have to agree with Gen Springer. He's a good figure, but I just don't see why people gush over him like he was 100% perfect.

Also probably going to get a ton of flack, but AOE Evasion Optimus Prime. I'd put him at eh at best. Truck mode looks okay it's not perfect, but I wouldn't call it crap either. Robot mode I just don't like at all. People gush over how he transformers, but I've seen a few reviews and I just don't see the big deal.

10. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I dislike the G1 Ironhide/ Ratchet, Seeker, Megatron Molds

11. MetalStorm

MetalStorm Click Click Boom!

I really like TFP Deluxe Airachnid!

Really, she's not the greatest toy, but hell, at least we got an Airachnid. I love how she's small, take off her weapons and she looks a stealth helicopter that would be used to drop off Special Forces behind enemy lines. I use her as my Decepticon Ninja. Admittedly, she could use some work, mainly on the feet, but just don't understand why so much hate. Yeah its not what we wanted, but the same could be said about quite a few other figues as well.

12. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I really enjoyed FOC Bruticus and FOC Jazz.

13. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Enjoy:
    Gen. Mini-Con Assault Team

Dislike:
    AoE Strafe. I don't get it.

14. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Cybertron Override, and that figure gets so much hate.

15. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Literally what I was thinking lol. When I was recently fiddling around with my movie toys, some of them were frustrating but I was able to figure them out (even Demolishor lol)... but good lord I could NOT figure out RotF Mixmaster >_<

16. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

Likes:Animated deluxe Megatron, Beast Hunters Lazerback, and DoTM Barricade

Dislikes: FE RID Prime, the entire Masterpiece line

17. MEGATRON2099

MEGATRON2099 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I dont like the minicon team also

18. Primacronus

Primacronus Clean-Up Crew

News Credits:
    What is wrong with the Masterpiece line??

19. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

Expensive. And spotty domestic releases.

In my case, I was one of those burned by waiting for Hasbro's MP10.

20. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't care for most of the MPs. Love AOE Galvatron and most of the FOC toyline.