Discussion with Fansproject @ TFcon Chicago 2016

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Terremoto214, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Terremoto214

Terremoto214 ALPHACORE

I know a lot of us have had concerns and complaints about Fanproject recently. I have been waiting to see Fansproject at the show. The guys at the Fansproject Booth aren't the company in its entirety, but they definitely have a voice and say with the company's on goings. I asked them a few questions and these are a few points that were discussed.

About the recent Function X Browning II and Fx line in general:
    I asked about plans on replacing the Headmaster that is incompatible with the rest of line. They have discussed options with how to deal with this issue, but nothing concrete yet.

The Function X line will be continuing though, but wasn't sure when and who would be released next. (we have seen a prototype of Snapdragon and renders of Apeface and Hardhead)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

About Trianix Alpha and Warbot Line in general:
    Trianix Alpha will have a re-release once the waist issue has been squared away at the factory level. They are also very sorry about the mistakes on the box of Triabix Alpha, and are discussing options on how to rectify these mistakes. Since the waist issue has been fixed the re-release will be sooner rather than later, but not sure when.

THE WARBOT LINE WILL CONTINUE, and apparently someone in the company is spearheading the continuation of the line.

Ending Points, about FP Core and future release schedule:
    They are hearing the fans and are aware of the past and recent blunders. Things have been discussed about how to proceed forward, but for the time being they are concentrating on releasing the toys the fans have been waiting for, especially on the rest of the EXO Realm crew and the DINOKING line. I got the impression that the toys haven't been released yet in part because they want to make sure that when they are released that they won't have any problems in production (like Fx Browning II and Trianix Alpha).

Going by what was on display, the Dino Girls and their not-Snarl look like they are ready to release soon. The girls felt especially good in hand.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's nice to hear. I wish we could've learned anything about Monstructor (like, will they still release it), and their thoughts on their slowness in general biting them in the ass (Hasbro getting their own Headmasters out, plenty of other Dino options, Takara creating their own Diabattles, Hasbro releasing a G2 Menasor).

I do hope Snarl is coming soon, and a Diaclone black by the next TFCon.

3. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like they are doing slot of behind the scenes work at the production level which we won't see the fruits of until close to next year

Taking some time to get things right is fine, if frustrating

4. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you for the info. I don't mind if it take them a couple of years but really hope they at least finish hardhead for function-X series.