Discover card

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3.8TransAM, May 27, 2014.

1. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

I throw this out ever now and then.

I do not work for or in any way associated with them other than having a Discover card.

It is nice to find at least company nowadays that gets customer service. First person I talk to always fixes whatever the issue is every single time(w/ exception of credit card fraud, thanks TFCC, where I did have to talk to fraud prevention as well)

Had a late fee from payment coming in a day late from the bank. I called and all I said was "I'm calling about a late fee and my bill is always payed in full, so can you check/verify what the fee was?" She said one moment and came back and said its taken care of without m saying another word.

It's almost a pleasure to call them.

I give them every chance on the world at my business first for everything.

This was not an isolated incident either, it is like this whenever I have had a question or issue.

I will note, I do have excellent credit and I do pay my bills in full each month(dunno of it matters, but can't hurt)

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

3. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

I have Le Visa. Also, Le Visa reward points paid for Le Kitchenaid stand mixer in my kitchen. But all jokes aside, we also pay in full every month makes life so much easier.

4. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I agree, Discover's customer service is really great. It's one of the few companies where I don't feel like I need a bracing shot of absinthe before I call.

Though, on the subject of credit card companies, I take every opportunity to say how awesome Citibank was for me. I got one of their cards, and the payment was due... like, a day or two after I got home from the hospital for surgery. It slipped my mind, and they made a courtesy call. I apologized, explained the situation and made the payment.

Next month, I go to make the payment... and there's nothing due. And the balance was lower than I expected. Turns out the customer service rep told her manager about my surgery. The manager, on his own initiative, removed the late fee AND waived my payment the next month. I never asked for any of that, he just did it as a courtesy because I "had enough to worry about right now". Seriously one of the nicest customer service things I've ever dealt with.

5. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I like Discover too. Very easy to use Web site, and I like how they even give you your credit score free of charge (which is pretty high up there as I always pay my bills in full on time and never wrack up more charges than I could realistically afford; it's a wonderful feeling to be absolutely debt free). I've had my card/account with them for close to 13+ years and never had anything to complain about with them. Their cash back reward bonus program is pretty nice too and you can apply it to lots of stores (like Amazon) and services.

6. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

It's amazing how relatively stupid little things change your opinion of a company. I wish more would figure it out nowadays. Someone that speaks English(being in the US) and that can make a decision on the spot to fix something is about all it takes :lol  Yet more often than not I find myself screaming obscenities at a fucking robo voice menu that doesn't understand english.

As a side note my newest HP laptop has a crazy take a shit when u unplug the charger yet the battery shows 100% issue going on and they have been quite helpful so far. Even called me on a Sat. to confirm the issues when the tech guy got his hands on it. It's nice when they give a damn even a little bit rather than make u the bad guy. Complete difference from the asshats at Dell

7. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think credit cards suck in general but that's only because I've had bad experiences.

Although

That is the nicest thing I have ever heard about credit cards.