Disconnnecting Warbotron WB-01's legs

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Xelotah, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Xelotah

Xelotah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm trying to put the combined not!Bruticus back into his individual components, but I'm unable to seperate the legs(Sly Strike/not!Swindle and Fierce Attack/not!Brawl) from the waist piece, and I really don't want to try to force it and risk breaking. Is there a catch somewhere that frees the connection?

2. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

When I had mine I had to push down on the small piece of plastic that protrudes from the opening on the back of the connector while pulling down hard on the leg bot. It helps if you sacrifice a goat beforehand.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah there's a little springloaded tab. You should just be able to yank them apart, but if you can press on that little tab a bit it should help.

4. Xelotah

News Credits:
    Push down as in depress or push down as in push towards the bottom of the leg?

5. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    The first one. There's a little spring-loaded ridge on the leg bots' pegs that should be poking through notches on the ports on the waist piece. Use a fingernail to push the notch inward, so it's fully cleared the port's plastic, then pull down on the leg.

6. Straight Edge

Straight Edge A Legend In My Own Central Processor

A small flathead screwdriver should do the trick. Once it's depressed, it should be simple to slide the connector out of the slot.

7. robh

robh Decepticon

yep... there are tabs to depress on all the limbs, but the arms are usually a bit more difficult because there are tabs on both sides :\. I always have problems getting off airburst. You can use a screwdriver or a plastic spudger. I prefer the spudger since it won't damage the plastic :) 

8. Xelotah

News Credits:
    Funny, I had no trouble with the arms. I got the legs off with the help of a flathead screwdriver. The heck is a spudger?

9. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    A tool with a flat plastic or rubber tip. They're used a lot in electronics repairs when you need to get into narrow seems, usually to pry the casing open.