Disappointing games

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Sir Spamsalot, Oct 2, 2013.

1. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2: everyone went nuts for this and I don't really get why. It feels like a bunch of people who where late to the first Bad Company where making up for past mistakes and praising the crap out of this because it was really just Battlefield 1.5 and in some aspects worse. I loved the first BC but this one's multi straight sucked.

RE 5 & 6: some aspects I liked of both of these sequels but man, you can just feel the series is past it's prime and completely reactionary to other games now.

Gears of War Judgement: I should have known the moment I went to pick this up at midnight and the shop I ordered from was closed and not having a midnight launch because of the lack or preorders that something was up. Complete and utter lack of content, really a Gears 3.5. Just a very sorry excuse for a Gears game outside of Overrun and Survival.

2. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Dishonored, only because of it's short length, I wanted more diverse areas and a longer plot.

Besides that, I have no beef with it.

3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

L.A. Noir isn't worth the $60 I paid for. Not even close.

4. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bet the worst game in history is still the arcade game of E.T.

5. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

it was an arcade game? i thought it was only for atari 2600.

either way, it still sucks.

6. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

SimCity 2K13 : not quite what I was expecting when I pre-ordered the game. Small map size, cant even set your entrance to the city how you like, and now they announced that the map sizes will remain this way, they cant do bigger.

X-Com : Enemy Unknown : the game is good but very short, not enough map variety. Maybe the expansion will help

SWTOR : interesting story lines, but the execution is severely lacking and now one of the worse F2P model.

7. Sir Spamsalot

Sir Spamsalot ignore the post #'s

Dishonored. I couldn't say I didn't like it for its length, I hated it for its gameplay. Your character seems to have NO reason to like him, the gun play is....meh.....and the graphics were not artistic, they were muddy.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Uncharted 3 was so meh, tat I had to force myself to finish it.

9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    When I started playing back in Vanilla WoW, there was a rather popular saying: "Everyone can play their own class, and a Hunter".

Hunter has always been the sort of 'go to' easy to play class to get new people eased into the game. I mean obviously everything has drastically changed in the past ten odd years, but Hunter remains the easiest class to pick up and play, so I don't know what her guildmates were smoking when they said that.

My addition to this list is: Tekken 6.

Good fucking gravy, what the hell Namco? I got revved up for a great fighter and suddenly 'Shitty JRPG from FUCKING NOWHERE!' broadsides me. They're damn lucky that Tekken Tag 2 was pretty much gold plated awesomeness.

10. The Iron Magnus

The Iron Magnus Optimus's Face-in-a-Box

Need for speed: Hot pursuit for Wii.
    does bad count as dissapointing?

11. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

The Pacific Rim game.

An interesting case in that the gameplay itself does not disappoint me (the demo alone is a ton of fun), but the fact I need to shed a load of DLC cash for all the extra characters and missions and stages does.

12. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Banned

I second this. I was unimpressed with Dishonored, from it's slipshod stealth mechanics, to it's bland artstyle and to it's cookie-cutter plot.

13. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was really excited for L.A Noire. An open world cop game in the 1940's? Sounds amazing, and the technology used on the faces were pretty good too.

So, I bought it, played it to completion...and hated it with a burning passion.

Part of it can be contributed to my fairly stupid expectation that it would give me GTA-like freedom (despite knowing that Rockstar only released the game and didn't develop it), and be a hilariously horrible detective. Instead, I was set on a linear path throughout where it's highly difficult, if not impossible to fail.

But what made me hate the game was the main character, Cole Phelps. I felt no connection to the guy, as he was a dull and lifeless character, and then he goes off and cheats on his wife for really no apparent reason.

I was so happy when I got to play the last few missions as that one detective Cole hated, because he was a far more interesting character.

Definitely one of the most disappointing games I ever played.

14. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Metro:2033. It looks pretty, but the stealth system is really bad. I ragequit when an enemy stopped on a dime, turned, and looked directly at me in a dark, enclosed space he should've walked by. The only quiet takedown option being the throwing knives that can ricochet off belt pouches frustrated me as well. I appreciate how thought out the mechanics were, but stealth kill infiltration should've been a priority when you can't just John Rambo groups of people. They give you that silly darkness-detecting watch, after all.

15. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    Third it. I really, really wanted to like this game but I kept falling asleep while playing.

16. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Runnin' like a constipated wiener dog

It was for the Atari 2600, and I had the misfortune of owning this game as a kid. I always wondered why I never had any fun playing it and why I could never get anywhere. I was too young to understand what a lousy game was.

Back on topic, another game that disappointed me: Streets of Rage 3.
    SOR2 was just so awesome, IMO the best beat-em-up released on a home console. SOR3 just seemed like a half-hearted effort, and the music was ATROCIOUS, especially compared to the first two games. Hard to believe Yuzo Koshiro did the music for all three, considering the large drop in soundtrack quality in SOR3.

BTW, SOR fans have to check out Streets of Rage Remake, a homebrew sequel/compilation of the series. The people who made this did an amazing job on it, and it is possibly my favorite beat-em-up ever.

17. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Banned

I have another one:
    Skyrim. This game might as well be called "My First Elder Scrolls" or "Baby's First WRPG". The combat was shallow, the artstyle is bland, the dungeons are linear, the story is non-existent and you can't play as a class.

18. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    Nearly every Sonic game since the Dreamcast, with a few exceptions here and there.

The original version of Final Fantasy XIV before they spent three years making it awesome.

Metroid Other M. Not a bad game by any stretch, but I enjoyed the Prime games more.

Guild Wars 2. Seemed awesome at first with how accessable it was... but then I realized it's a little *TOO* accessable and seemed to lack any real challenge or need for teamwork, thus negating the whole MMO aspect.

19. Sir Spamsalot

Sir Spamsalot ignore the post #'s

Mass effect 1.
    I first got ME2, and I LOVED it, then ME3, and I LOOOOOVED it, so then I thought I should get the first one to give me total control of the story...disappointing. the combat system is almost broken, characters are not very deep, and it was only a 10 hour campaign when I prefer it to be at least 15

20. Mister Chef

Mister Chef Mister Chef

These games.