Minor/Repaint: Dirty Work Wreckers Pyro WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by swOd, Aug 25, 2013.

1. swOd

swOd Search and Wrescue

Another Wrecker was needed in my collection, so I decided to use spare Countdown And Cybertron Red Alert figures (for some reason a favorite mold of mine) to make a big old beefy IDW LSOTW Pyro. I love how this figure looks like he's seriously compensating for something, and that just says Pyro to me. This time he has been reformatted to be bigger and badder so he can quit with all the dying so much. The Alt mode on this guy just made so much more sense than the firetrucks from the Inferno mold, it is very similar to the first incarnation, and the robot mode had so many similarities that it just works for me.

Still a work in progress, Only the flats have been laid down on this guy so far, even keeping some of the original paints. Lots of washes and details to come, gonna be a grimy and dirty as the Guzzle I've done. Gave him a new ball jointed head from Shapeways (Calloway75), reworked the backpack to fit the new head, modified the missile to become a big honkin gun with a toy gun bullet clip I found in the grass at the park by my house, drilled a hole in his shin under the pre-existing alt mode gun to hold the DOTM Sentinel Prime water sprayer/folding death ray thingy gun. Anyway, that about where I am with him so far. Will update sooner or later. Please leave feedback on this and any other customs. Thank ya kindly.

Attached Files:

2. metal-lifter

metal-lifter Decepticreep

looking good so far! :thumb  definitely one of my favorite molds too

3. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

Wicked use of the Cybertron Defense Red Alert mould. Plus, nice touch with Sentinel Prime's weapon. The only suggestion I'd give would be to replace the rocket with a chaingun.

4. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    :thumb 

5. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

Love that Idea!
    great job on this mate, he looks factory :) 

6. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    Awesome!

7. Ce2Know

Ce2Know Ce2Know custom_Bot

Keep up the good work, waiting to see the final results:popcorn 

8. swOd

swOd Search and Wrescue

Thanks for checkin him out you guys! I am waiting to see if JAVACO on Shapeways is gonna put out his Pyro upgrade kit, which would include the big ol' shoulder mounted chain gun and a new chest piece along with a couple of other bits to make him more comic accurate. I would have to modify the new chest piece to fit into the transformation of this guy and the gun would most likely be combined with the existing rocket. Time will tell.