Dinosaurs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Preach Starscream, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

Does it ever blow your mind that dinosaurs were a very real thing? These huge creatures walked and ruled the earth for millions of years. Every culture has stories of legendary giant beasts and monsters. And yet dinosaurs are the stuff of reality.

It's incredible to me.

• Like Like x 3
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Adaptation, evolution, whatever you want to call it... Led to us. Things grow, things shrink, we have massive beasts now. It's a part of nature, it happens.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Preach Starscream

Sadly, apart from maybe elephants and giraffes, we have no massive beasts that walk the earth like dinosaurs did. All our truly massive animals are reserved for the seas and oceans. More's the pity. Then again, it's probably for the best there are no T-Rexes roaming around. I just love that what some might think of as mere myths were in fact very real.

And yes, it's a part of nature; that's why it's so incredible. No wonder the Dinobots were so popular in the 80s.

4. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Yes, we have large terrestrial mammals and a few reptiles, and large aquatic mammals, but nothing that big. That’s not really an accurate statement.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

On the subject of "nothing that big", I think it's pertinent (or maybe just pedantic) to mention that the blue whale is actually the largest known animal to have ever existed.

• Like Like x 2
  6. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

That’s a great point!

7. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    We're bad enough as it is, can you imagine having to compete with Dinosaurs and what PETA would do when we rightfully defend ourselves from massive creatures trying to eat us? Good grief, no thanks.
    Anyone who thinks dinosaurs are mythic needs a reality check. They existed, we just don't have a fully accurate representation of what they actually looked like. People have to come to terms with reality.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I like to listen to this from time to time. You really do need good headphones to hear it though.

To me this is much more scary than the Jurassic Park roar.

• Like Like x 4
  9. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    I wish they still existed . The world would be so different if were being honest. Not to mention so much more cooler . Just imagine driving down a freeway seeing some long necks eating some leaves , with some pterodactyls flying in the distance .

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Preach Starscream

But it's only in the ocean. :( 

PETA puts down animals all the time. I'm sure they'd understand us defending ourselves from dinosaurs.

I think you misunderstand: I'm not saying anyone thinks dinosaurs are mythic. I'm saying throughout history, many, if not all, of our cultures have had myths and legends of great beasts: dragons, cyclops, giants, etc. And it turns out, giant beasts did exist all along. Dinosaurs are the reality.

This is a celebration of that. Dinosaurs were and are awesome!

Wow! That was crazy. I did use headphones, and I could feel the T-Rex through my spine.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Preach Starscream

"We got a Stegosaurus herd blocking traffic down I-95, expect several lane closures."

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Still no war in Ba Sing Se

Forget freeways, if dinosaurs never went extinct then mammals wouldn't occupy the many niches they do and we'd be a bunch of reptilians talking over the internet. Granted, seeing how we treat any creature that is a threat to us and the really big ones would probably still be endangered at least.

I guess we're just going to have to wait until Elon Musk decides to open his own Dinosaur Park.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Dinosaurs will never not be cool. The fact that at one point Earth was so populated with such massive, nearly alien creatures is endlessly fascinating to me. It takes a special kind of mundane and joylessness to not think massive reptiles and sauropods aren't incredible.

I'm also of the mind that the more scientifically accurate a dinosaur reconstruction is the more fascinating it gets, specifically because it's what actually existed. Stuff like Sue the T. Rex is amazing to me.

If I ever got a time machine you'd bet my first stop would be the dinosaurs. AND pre-dinosaurs. If I get a time machine and don't come back with a pet Dimetrodon I've clearly misused my power.

upload_2021-6-15_14-48-45.png

Who says we already don't?

• Like Like x 5
  14. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    That's a good thing, though. Can you imagine what we'd do to a massive beast of burden? I, for one, am glad for their sake they're not around to be abused.

PETA puts animals down so they won't be people's pets and to control population of said animal in their mind. It's basically Thanos in real life. They don't do it to be altruistic and decent human beings. They'd absolutely riot if we had dinosaurs and we tried to domesticate/control them. It would be so ugly... Such an ugly, ugly scene.

Oh, but they do. I'll leave it at that. (Plenty of people out there thinking it's all a myth.)

They are indeed!

15. Preach Starscream

Possibly. But no uglier than they've been with horses or cattle. I would totally trade in my car for a domesticated Gallimimus. It'd be worth any PETA headache.

Hear hear!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Preach Starscream

Absolutely. I was blown away once we started discovering that more and more dinosaurs had feathers, and that some of them were ancestors of birds.

17. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    The reasons there is those myths is because some dinosaurs did survive until very recently and no one can tell me other wise.

18. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Oh, same. Anything bigger, I'd throw a saddle on it. lol

• Like Like x 2
  19. Preach Starscream

Makes me wish the giant seahorses we see in Aquaman comics and movies were also real. Now that'd be a hell of an underwater ride.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3