Dinobots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by danny1981, Dec 27, 2006.

1. danny1981

danny1981 Well-Known Member

Ive only just seen the trailer today (ive been waiting 20 years for this !!).
    I was wondering are we gonna see the Dinobots?

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Not in this movie, maybe in a sequel

3. zyron99

zyron99 "More then meets the Eye"

it's been about 2 decades since I have seen Dinobots, what was there hiding point, I mean there disquise help?. Dinos don't exsist on earth in then and our modern times. I know it is fiction but is kinda funny.

I always did like them dinos.

I'm really not stupid liek my avatar may convey, reallly. I mean it. lol

4. danny1981

danny1981 Well-Known Member

Well i thought it was a long shot.
    Is the Matrix still going to be in the story line i wonder?

5. Ramulus

Ramulus Rhinox is my anti-drug TFW2005 Supporter

Not in this movie, but I wouldn't rule it out completely in one of the sequels. They are popular characters and would be welcomed by the fandom.

And with Spielberg involved, all we need are some protoforms crashing into Jurassic Park, DNA scanners lighting up the sky and viola, there's your Dinobots. :) 

6. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

the dinobots could be in a sequel if they scan a skeletons in the ground

7. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    Scorponok in this movie proves that they don't HAVE to scan a vehicle.

I'd love for a sequel to do Dinobots/Devestator.

In the cartoon, Dinobots were built by Wheeljack and Ratchet at Prime's request to add some muscle to the Autobot team. covert operations were not their strong suit!

in the marvel comics and in the IDW comics as well, the Dinobots track Shockwave to earth in prehistoric times and merely took the forms of what was available to scan.

Not exactly the Matrix, but something like it. Don't want to spoil the movie too much, but theres an object called "The Allspark" thats lost on earth and both the Decepticons and Autobots are trying to recover it. Don't know if its supposed to replace the matrix in this story or if the matrix is something that will come up later, but as for right now the Allspark seems to be kind of like the matrix and vector sigma all in one.

8. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

I wouldn't get my hopes up on that one. Not unless they get a better disguise, and in the IDW comics, they spoke just fine, huwuh?

9. zyron99

zyron99 "More then meets the Eye"

Thanks Shipley. I thas been many years sense I have viewed them eps. makes sense.

10. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mabe for the sequal, the dinobots could be Autobot Bountyhunters, tracking Megatron to earth, but got trapped and frozen, but after they managed to scan the dino alt modes. It could work, I guess. :) 

11. raptorclans

raptorclans Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lots of possibilities there, but i'd really love to see a live action grimlock... provided he does't get a face like megatron :lol 

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Would be cool

13. JesterJJZ

JesterJJZ DM.net Stooge

Gonna be a kick ass film... but already evident it's not the one I've been waiting 20 years for. I've waited this long, I'll wait another 20.

14. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Toss in Constructicons and you'll can answer this age old question:
    Who would win, dinosaurs or construction vehicles?

And who wouldn't want to see that answered? Commies maybe but even they have souls so they'll want to.

15. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

It was establisn like 3 or 4 months ago there AREN'T Dinobots for THIS movie.

16. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Didn't the Dinobots beat the Constructicons in the original series?

17. betetta

betetta guitar face

actually it was stablished like 6 months before what you're mentioning, but since there are many people who are new to the boards it seems fair to cut some slack on them and restrain ourselves from the use of capital words, right? ;) 

btw that petron guy on the movie boards made an annoying riddle that seemed to hint that grimlock was added to the cast, it shouldn't be taken too seriously, but at least there's a very slight chance for it to happen IMO.

18. tobor

tobor Member

I think if the filmmakers were going to try and conceivably fit the idea of the dinobots into the reality they have established with this first movie(granted we haven't seen the film yet, but it's safe to say they are trying to go with a more grounded approach to the storyline) then this would be the route to go.

I could see the film opening onto a group of paleontologists conducting a fossil dig and instead of a fossilized T-rex they unearth a deactivated Grimlock. Since, Spielberg is involved the entire scene could evoke a jurassic park feel as the group led by a Jack Horner/Alan Grant type excitedly uncover a new fossil find only to end the scene with the paleontologists standing around, mouths agape as they shovel away the last bits of top soil from a giant, mechanical dinosaur that has obviously been there for a very, very long time.

But, then how do you incorporate the basic idea that these robots still want to go unnoticed on earth.?Even after the events of the first film and the autobots save the day it should still be considered that Prime and the others would prefer to stay disguised as much as possible on earth so as to not cause mass hysteria and such. So, what to do with giant robot dinosaurs?

I'd say the best thing to do is have the story revolve around the mystery of Grimlock. Was he a scout that came to Earth a millenia before Bumblebee? Was he too looking for the allspark? Or was he there for another purpose? Once re-activated it would be cool to have a flashback to Grimlock crashing on prehistoric Earth. Taking the form of the largest carnivore and co-existing with the native life forms. A robot t-rex fighting a horde of savage beasts. Taking his place as the true king of the Jurrasic era. Well, until the day that he watches a giant meteor crash into the earth wiping out most life. He spends the rest of his days wandering the devastated planet alone until he finally decides to go into stasis.

So, of course the military is going to get involved when a robot T-rex is found. They bring in the autobots to figure out what is going on. Grimlock is reactivated. But, both the brutality and isolation of his experience has damaged and reeked genral havoc on his personailty matrix . He is as savage as the form he took millions of years before. Untrusting, of the other autobots. He's definite anti-hero material.

Still though, how do you incorporate a robot dinosaur into the film? Do you keep him hidden in a miltary base while the Autobots try to rehabilitate him, deduce his purpose on prehistoric earth and decide whether he can become a useful member of the team?

I don't know. You could make him a triple changer, I guess. Turn him into another big, monstrous semi like Prime so that he could blend into earth society while also retaining the abilty to transform into his T-rex or robot form when needed. That way he could head out onto the streets and still go unnoticed. Both he and Prime could have quite a rivalry then. Two big rigs... one representing the light and the other the dark. Primes, red and blue semi against Grimlocks big, mean black and gold rig. Grimlock was king, remember, for quite a long time. Have the two vie for control of the autobots only for Grim to come to his senses and truly become a part of the team in the third act to help fight the decepticons. Once the battle royale begins the story mechanics could allow for Grimlock to shed his semi form and allow him to take his inner T-rex to the frontlines. What better secret weapon than the new autobot truck to also be a vicious robot T-rex in disguise? Then we can finally see a robot dinosaur battling it out in the streets. Would make for a cool toy,anyway.

Ah, who knows. Just rambling.

19. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

Those ideas are far better than some I've heard, tobor; a good mix of character development and kick-assness :D 

20. raptorclans

raptorclans Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dude... make sure the moviemakers hire you for the next movie... that's marvelous! well, a lil too much focus on one character, but it could be an interesting twist to the story, and a fresh take on grimlock (he's my hero... hee hee). oh how i hope spielberg can make it work...