Dinobots VS Seekers TOTAL SMACKDOWN...Who Wins?!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jan 18, 2008.

1. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Heck man.... Even if all 6 of the Seeker Jets plus Bliztwing, went up against the Dinobots , the Dinobot will still win.

"DINOBOTS!!!!"

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    True, but considering how easily they despatched him, I'm sure the full size Trypticon would have fallen under their assault too.

3. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Dinobots nuff said...

4. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

I guess dinobots... but... was Sunstorm invited to the tussil. In that case... seekers...

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    dinobots

6. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

Dinobots hands down.

7. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

Um. If I recall right, the Dinobots had Trypticon stalemated, basically, and Ratbat eventually called Trypticon off for exceeding his fuel budget. So the Dinobots are still pretty hardcore, but I wouldn't say they exactly beat Trypticon down.

As for the main question...the Dinobots can all fly, right? So, the Seekers are probably better fliers, but their air superiority's not as much of an edge. Dinobots win.

8. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

i have to go against all of you, and be the first to vote for seekers.
    i for one am not a fanboy of grimlock.
    I say the seekers win by number, brains, flight, and firepower.
    the dinobots would only win if it was in robot mode, in close quarters.

9. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Well, the Seekers could just fly past and bomb the Dinobots. But even with their aerial superiority, the Dinobots would most likely win. Swoop would shoot the Seekers down and then the rest of the Dinobots would crush them.

10. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dinobots. The only way the seekers would stand a chance is due to the potential range of their attacks. And even then, they'd still need to come up with a way to force the dinobots into bot mode to do much of anything to them. All the dinobots need to do is have swoop swat a seeker down and he'd be done for.

As previously mentioned, Skywarp would be the only problematic one(can't catch him if he just teleports away), but that doesn't mean he could actually win.

11. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I'd have to disagree with at least one point here - I don't believe Swoop would be able to shoot down any of the Seekers because he'd be slower, probably have less dexterity in the air, and less firepower. Not too mention that he's the weakest of the Dinobots. And he'd be outnumbered in the air 6-to-1. I think no matter how this fight ends, it begins with Swoop going down.

12. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    I said swat, not shoot. Take a pterodactyl the size of an f-15, and drop it on an f-15 in mid air and see what happens. Plus, you have to factor in the dinobot's ability to just start throwing shit at 'em.

boulder > jetplane

13. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I'm going with the seekers. The Dinobots, to me, are only as strong as grimlock. I believe Starscream understands this and focuses himself, Skywarp and Ramjet on the Grimlock. Once the Grimlock falls, the rest of the Dinobots are rather mindless and without order and the Seekers pickup a win.

14. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Wow after reading the comic you're talking about, I'd have to wonder what you'd call kicking someone's tailpipe. Sure Trypticon took more damage than the Dinobots, but what damamge did he take? Grimlock bit a panel off his arm. And he got plenty of hits in - he shot three of them at once even. I think if he concentrated a shot on one at a time, he'd take each one down. And you're also looking at the size difference here that's a little out of whack. On the cover he's way bigger than the Dinobots, but in the last frame they share, he's only twice the size of Grimlock. If they kept that in perspective, the Dinobots couldn't do nearly as much damage. Trypticon takes this fight after an awesome battle.

15. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I still don't see it. I don't think Swoop's speed or maneuverability is enough to even come close to a Seeker. And if he did get close to one, the other Seekers would be all over him before he could do anything.

16. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

define swat... swoop is just hovering there, waiting for a jet to hover under him?
    do you realise how fast the jets are going?

Boulder > jet, only when caught by suprise. i would expect more flame thrower from most of them, anyway.

17. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    Flamethrowers aren't going to reach hundreds or thousands of feet in the air.

And yes, I believe swoop could hit one. It's not like a jet is very great at cornering at high speeds.

It's not like the seekers can see in a perfect sphere around themselves or something.

18. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

You're telling me that these Seekers can't have some kind of radar like the jets they're based off of?

19. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dino's hands down. For one, the seekers never function well as a full team, always fight amougst themselves and more than often do their own thing. I see ramjet taking out skywarp in the first 2 min of the fight due to poor teamwork. (ramjet gets in that tunnel vision mode-skywarp teleports without thinking were he's gonna end up at BOOM)

Grimlock is a true battle commander. And although extreamly powerful, i'd say Sludge is the strongest, while swoop might not be as fast he is defiently more manuverable (with the possible execption of Thrust), he has the advantage of wings as well as jets. And all five dino's have range weapons, missles as well as laser/projectiles.

Add in the endurance factors, that the dino's can take a massive beating and still kickass, while one good hit to a wing would most likely down any seeker, and you have a pretty good chance of a 5 on 2 within the first 5 min of the fight. Then the "lookout for number one" factor starts kickin in with ol screamer and he's outa there.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  20. Prisoner1138

News Credits:
    If that were the case wouldn't they have it in bot mode as well and would never have someone sneak up on them? Because they seem to get shot at and hit all the time.

I'd also like to point out that in desertion of the dinobots pt 1, Swoop shot down Thrust AND Thundercracker/Starscream(originally ss colored, but in the next shot he was tc colored, whatever) at the same time. Starscream got shot with his own null ray after Snarl reflected it, and at some point during the battle Skywarp got pwnt and was lying in a pile of beat down seekers. And this was while they were mopping up Rumble, Megatron, Blitzwing, at the same time.

The only reason why the dinobots lost that, was due to bumblebee and the dumbass humans standing around and cheering, instead of letting the dinobots finish off the decepticons.

The other thing about those 2 episodes, is the seekers other weakness, which would be running out of cybertronium.

Plus there's dinobot island pt2, where all 6 seekers managed to get trampled by a herd of non flying dinosaurs that weren't even flamethrower robots with guns.

Oh, and that time in S.O.S. Dinobots, where the dinobots and Wheeljack managed to take out megatron and the seekers, INCLUDING slag shooting down Starscream and Thundercracker by himself, and this is after the dinobots managed to FLY into combat and get the first salvo off on the decepticons. Hell, even Skywarp managed to get bit by Grimlock and thrown into Soundwave.

Dinobots > Seekers

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008