Dinbots should've never been put in

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Deathpool, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Deathpool

Deathpool EREDEAN WINCHAEGER

News Credits:
    The Dinobots waste so much time. Imagine the possibilities if the Dinobots were cut. Crosshairs and Drift did next to nothing in Hong Kong, and Galvatron had one scene where he ran away. If the Dinobots were replaced with more scenes of Crosshairs, Drift and Galvatron, the movie would've been so much better.

2. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

necessary growing pains for the sequels...now we go into the last 2 movies with the dinobots already introduced...that's cache man!

3. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    necessary growing pains.........ughhhhh........I can't get that movie mind wiped still

4. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just hope we get the other Dinobots too. I feel like Snarl and Slog (Sludge) could have been in and had the same effect but at least have them for the fans none the less.

5. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

How could they waste "so much time?" They were barely in it.

6. hyruk

hyruk Genericon

Dude do you even watch the movie?

7. samurai drift

samurai drift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the dinobots
    Fucking love them all

8. Deathpool

Deathpool EREDEAN WINCHAEGER

News Credits:
    yes i did. they were useless. why put them in at all if their going to have such a small presence.

9. Toadalinakong

Toadalinakong Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    they made it feel a bit overcrowded and also really complicated the plot and mythos of the movie

10. Son of Carl

Son of Carl ROCK BEATS EVERYTHING

I personally didn't like any of the Autobots, with the exception of Optimus. I actually felt that he was less of an a-hole in this movie. But yeah, the Dinobots,
    the Dinobots sucked. They didn't really bring anything to the movie. They had no presence. They weren't really shown as being that powerful, I mean Optimus Prime beat up Grimlock. And they weren't really needed to fight all of the drones, by the time they even got to the fight, Bulkhead and Johnny 5(err, Hound and Bumblebee) had already kicked the crap out of most of the drones, proving that they weren't much of a threat in the first place. Had Drift and the other guy stuck around, they probably destroyed all of them. So yeah, the Dinobots were completely unnecessary. Michael Bay has stated in the past that he has no love for the Dinobots, and it shows.

11. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    This movie was billed as a launchpad of sorts for the next film. While I would've loved more Dinobot presence in the movie, at least they've been established enough so that an appearance by them in the next film wouldn't be so sudden and jarring like many other movie bots.

Oh, and dinosaurs. Gotta love em.

12. Son of Carl

Yeah, but there is no guarantee that we will see them return.

13. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    I too was very underwhelmed, but they likely sold many tickets to people that might have perceived the film as just "more of the same". The Dinobots being in it was a big part of the hype.

You can almost see both Hasbro and Paramount pushing the idea because they wanted something new and exciting. The writers then pretty much had to find a way to make them fit.

Yep, if they can now take what they established in AOE and build something good out of it in the next couple films, then I'll be very satisfied.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  14. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

true but i think the fact that they all made it out alive, which i was surprised by, leads me to believe they will be in it again..they may take TF5 off but i think they come back for the finale.

15. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Can't win with the fandom either way.... In 2007, 2009, and 2011, there were tons of "when are the dinobots coming?" We get dinobots, and people are still whining. What did you want from the dinobots? Were you expecting speeches? Did you want prime to make them out of Popsicle sticks? I'm trying to figure out how bay could make them where everyone would be satisfied...

I thought their screen time was perfect. They did far more than Devastator or shockwave, and had more screen time than both together.

16. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    What did you expect, there Dino-bots. The Autobots need help call the Dino-bots, The Dino-bots only exist to F*** someone up, then they go do stupid Dion stuff, there not really complex in G1.

Yes, there is no explanation as to why they are, but they weren't portrayed as morons, so I don't see a problem.

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    To be honest, is there anything accomplished in the idea of 'establishment' that AoE does that couldn't have been done with a reboot?

Because I fail to see why they need to avoid a bare-minimum exposition drop early in a film that explains dinobots when the movies beforehand never really gave a damn about justifying without background:

-robot scorpions
    -robot panthers
    -robot panther vomit that turns into an almost-2D sentient living cutting edge
    -Sexy terminator knockoffs that attend human college
    -robot birds that can ignore the laws of mass conservation
    -well known national landmarks being put right next to each other despite being thousands of miles apart (I.E. the Udvar H. Hazy annex of the Smithsonian, which is in Virginia, somehow sits right next to the Air Force "Boneyard" which is located in Arizona)

and other such things.

18. Fitch

Fitch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved the Dinobots, they better be in TF5.

19. Son of Carl

I would compare it to Sony forcing Sam Raimi to include Venom in Spiderman 3. Though the Dinobots didn't ruin the movie, they didn't really do anything for the movie either(other than help ticket sales).

20. Son of Carl

Scoria