Digimon Adventure Returns!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Paladin, Aug 1, 2014.

1. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
  2. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

I know that Meicoomon is going to be my favorite when i 1st saw her, and she doesnt disappoint, behold Meicrackmon VM! XD Cant wait for the next, Digimon Adventure Tri is nothing but awesomeness.. and my favorite moment, Tailmon, cho shinka! finally Gatomon get to digivolves XD

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just watched Confession, and I must say I enjoyed it. More than the previous two. Didn't expect the Digimon Emperor to be
    a Gennai or a Digital World reboot.
    I'm really interested in seeing where this goes, especially if the Dark Masters get involved.

4. There D Hood

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    tri.'s first three movies have been licensed by Shout! Factory. They will be dual-audio and have both a blu-ray and dvd release.

Shout! Factory Licenses 1st 3 Digimon Adventure tri. Anime Films

Shout! Factory once again making things people want. Here's hoping they give the shows a better release and are able to get a hold of the movies too.

Curious if this means the theatrical screenings will continue though I'm glad for anyone who wanted a physical release that that's no longer a factor.

I hope there's dubtitles alongside subtitles for the Japanese version.

5. unsnaggedtea76

unsnaggedtea76 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Recently got into Digimon and picked up Loss to give me a sense of who was what in Adventure. Meicoomon is beyond adorable. I was kinda dissapointed in how short Loss was and just how basically nothing happened, but Iā€™m still going to try and track down the other films soon.

Also, does anybody know a version of this thats longer and more like how it plays in the main theme? I could listen to that version for hours.

7. There D Hood

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
  8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I just recently watched the first four episodes of this... there seems to be 6 in total and I can't find the last 2 in English...

ANYWAY... This should really be edited down into one movie because I was freaking bored through most of this. There's freaking nothing happening. The 02 kids with the exception of TK and Kari are all missing and no one seems to care. There's some other guy who impersonates Ken for a while in his Digimon Emperor costume and they try to get in contact with Ken which is basically just knocking on his door once and then never mention him ever again...

The animation also seems way off... like it's a totally different art style. They weren't just aged up this time. Like Kari if you look at her face, in both the original show and 02 she had much bigger eyes and now all the suddenly they've become virtually unrecognizable. Oddly the Digimon still look the same but whoever animated this seemed to think aging them up meant completely changing their faces even though they've been aged up before and still had the same big eyes.

Also in one scene I noticed an error where Kari and TK were holding their original Digivices but then when it cuts to the Digivolving scene it's a proper D-3 from 02 probably dude to the digivolving scenes being recycled multiple types they wanted to make sure that was accurate...

Speaking of which... that is another thing that's changed as Tri is not using the Digivolving animations from the original shows. Maybe because the other Digimon are getting Mega forms for the first time they didn't want to be limited to having to match Augumon to Wargreymon and Gabumon to Matalgarurumon so choose to change them instead.

I think the old animations were better and there wasn't really a need to change them... They don't even say Warp Digivolve anymore. They actually go through each animation from Rookie, to Champion, to Ultimate, to Mega so it takes them a lot longer to finally reach their Mega form. The only part about it I kinda like is that each form has a chance to attack before moving onto the next. But yeah this whole thing could be a lot shorter if there wasn't so much freaking filler where they aren't doing anything.

I feel like I sat through half an hour of nothing before I even saw a Digimon. And then there was another half hour of nothing before one of the main Digimon shows up to fight it. Tai was either running towards the evil Digibug or away from it questioning to himself how he's going to stop it without Agumon... Why did that scene go on for so long. Building suspense is one thing but it does not take that long to build suspense. Plus they kept showing the same shot of a broken cell phone on the ground over and over again like it was important... except it's never mentioned ever again... They just kept showing that shot to keep padding out the scene. Stop padding it and get rid of all this unnecessary crap. If it's not important to the story there's no reason to focus on it.

There were a lot of times I was imagining those guys from Monty Python yelling "GET ON WITH IT!"

Oh yeah... and the way that the characters unlock their Mega forms is by learning lessons that they already learned... Like Joe has to learn to be reliable... you know the guy who has the Digi-Crest of Reliability who had to learn that lesson to get that crest in the first place... Why the hell is he learning it again here?

Also I've looked ahead and it seems Gatomon gets to Megadigivolv again... into a completely different form than we've seen before... And she gets to DNA Digivolv with that new cat looking Digimon instead of Hawkmon this time...

Gatomon seems severly over powered. I mean she looks like a Rookie but is actually Champion level plus has more forms than Agumon. I think this is the only case where there's a Digimon who's actually more powerful than the leader's Digimon.

Anyway... STOP BEING BORING, FREAKING DO SOMETHING! Being only 6 episodes this shouldn't be that long yet this feels longer than the original 104 episodes...

The first Digimon Movie was basically four different movies in Japan edited into one movie for America... And yet I didn't feel like I was missing anything. It flowed pretty well for basically telling three different stories all at once. (Two of the four movies were directly related which is why I say three stories and four movies.) They should of done that with this... It seems like their idea of turning Digimon in a movie is to pad the hell out of it until it's long enough to fill the time. Just tell the story and drop the padding.

Why did they even make this? Digimon 02 already had a great ending and this just feels like they're spitting in the face of that...

I would rather they finished Digimon Fusion so I could see THAT reunion of the original cast instead of this one. A cross over between the different Digimon shows where they actually do stuff sounds so much better than a reunion where nothing happens for a long time and everyone's completely out of character.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not going to comment on the rest, because I haven't seen any of Tri yet, but this particularly stood out to me:

This happened in the original series. Gatomon is a naturally-evolved Champion-level Digimon. She is physically stronger than the other partner Digimon as a result. When she first showed up in the original series, she wiped the floor with all six of the other kids' Champions at once (they were down Angemon IIRC because he was still depowered/drained after the Devimon arc. Angemon didn't show up again until later in the arc, when they were back in Japan). Not only is she naturally evolved, but she actually has martial training, as a former lieutenant in Myotismon's army.

Her rookie form is Salamon, who only appears in a flashback sequence in the original series (again, naturally-evolved, so Gatomon is her default state), and then later an extended tenure during the Frontier series, where a different Ophanimon, one of the Digital World's guardian angels, is drained of her power.

The confusion may come from the fact that in 02, Gatomon was treated as an honorary rookie. At the beginning of the season, when she escaped from the Digimon Emperor, she lost her tail ring, which apparently contained most of her power.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

You misunderstand. I didn't mean LITERALLY Gatomon as in that particular form, I meant the entire evolutionary line.

Typically the Leader's Digimon is always the most powerful meaning he takes on more evolutions than any of the other Digimon in that series reaching a higher level than all the others. This isn't true of Agumon however because now Gatomon has surpassed him.

Botamon > Koromon > Agumon > Greymon > Skullgreymon

Total: 5

Botamon > Koromon > Agumon > Greymon > Metalgreymon > Wargreymon > Omnimon (With Metalgarurumon) > Imperialdramon Palid Mode (This isn't so much a evolution of Agumon but Omnimon did give their power to Imperialdramon to unlock that form so I'm counting it.)

Total: 9

Botamon > Koromon > Agumon > Greymon > Metalgreymon > Wargreymon > Omnimon (With Metalgarurumon) > Omnimon Merciful Mode

Total: 10

Yokimibotamon > Nyaromon > Salamon > Gatomon > Angewomon > Magnadramon

Total: 6

Yokimibotamon > Nyaromon > Salamon > Gatomon > Nefertimon

Total: 7

Yokimibotamon > Nyaromon > Salamon > Gatomon > Silphymon (With Hawkmon)

Total: 8

Yokimibotamon > Nyaromon > Salamon > Gatomon > Angewomon > Ophanimon Falldown mode > Ordinemon (With Raguelmon) > Omnimon Merciful Mode (Not sure how this works exactly but it seems Ordinemon is needed to unlock Omnimon's Merciful mode so I'm counting this towards her as well.)

Total: 11

It seems like this could have been avoided if they used Magnadramon again rather than introducing a new Mega form out of no where. There's also a normal version of Ophanimon but I'm not counting that since it doesn't happen in the Anime.

11. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Ah, in that case, I can't really comment without seeing Tri.

I'd also like to point out, though, that Adventure always treated the angels as "special" as well. Remember, they were also key to unlocking Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon. Deus ex machina powers were kinda their schtick.

On top of that, Kari/Hikari was also treated as a special individual among the Digidestined as well.

12. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I don't remember them having anything to do with Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon... though I do vaguely remember them some how either creating or summoning the Golden Digieggs. (Miracles and Destiny for Magnamon and Rapidmon respectively.)

Anyway... yeah Kari and TK both were treated as special being the only other Digidestined with Mega forms besides Tai and Matt before Tri... and also being the only ones with the upgraded Digivices... and the only ones to actually Armor Digivolve with their own crests. The other Digieggs went to the 02 Digidestined instead of the original...

I actually tried to do some fan art of what Flamedramon and Raidramon might look like if they evolved from Agumon and Gabumon instead of Veemon.

Kari was originally only special because technically there were only 7 Digidestined in the beginning. Kari and Gatomon didn't meet till later. Other than that she isn't suppose to be any more special than TK and they use to have the exact same number of evolutions with the two of them typically unlocking new forms at the exact same time. This is now an exception to that as TK doesn't get an alternate Mega form or DNA evolution with another Digimon. In fact TK seems side lined for a lot of this series since the new girl is taking over his role in the team. And he's the only one who never unlocks a new evolution during Tri. Tai and Matt get Merciful Mode for Omnimon, Kari has an alternate Mega form, an alternate DNA form, and the other Digidestined each unlock their Megas for the first time but TK has nothing new. It's the first time since they met that Kari unlocked something TK didn't.

Though I think TK may have used his Mega form a lot more than Kari did. She was usually one level behind but they always treated them like they were at the same level... except for those rare Dues Ex Machina Moments where they both went Mega.

It just feels kinda weird to me for two Digimon with similar themes (angels) to have a different number of evolutions... or for anyone to surpass the leader when Goggle Head is suppose to be the strongest.

13. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    They were involved in the whole "Prophecy of the Beast" thing with Malomyotismon. Angemon and Angewomon had to fire arrows of light at Tai and Matt to empower their Crests to enable Warp Digivolution.

Kari was special because she was the bearer of "Light" and was thus super susceptible to prophecy and dark influences. At least, she was being led in that direction with the aborted Dark Ocean and Dagomon subplots in 02, but that was unceremoniously dropped without further explanation.

The power levels for the angels were all over the board. The original series at least treated them with a lot of gravitas, with their holy powers being a massive trump card against the darkness element enemies they faced. Angemon one-shotted Devimon, a villain who otherwise annihilated the other Champions. And then when he finally appeared again, he punched above his weight and stood toe-to-toe with Ultimate level Myotismon, forcing him into retreat. Actually, despite the power level lead Angewomon has, she was generally treated as the equal pair with Angemon. And then there's MagnaAngemon in the finale showing up and again punching above his weight, as an Ultimate-level one-shotting the Mega-level Piedmon with his OP Gate of Destiny attack.

Maybe as a bit of knee-jerk course correction for 02, the two were a lot less prominent in order to limit their story-breaker powers. Angemon fights against non-Dark type Digimon, where he has no type advantage and so gets thrashed half the time. MagnaAngemon and Angewomon can't even show up for the most of the series because the Crests of Power were "sealed" in an awkward retcon.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  14. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Oh I remember that now... Good thing they didn't have to do that EVERY TIME.

15. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Twenty Years Later...

[​IMG]

16. unsnaggedtea76

unsnaggedtea76 Well-Known Member

The cast definitely looks grown up there. Can't wait to see more.

17. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Not entirely sure because of the page bend, but looks like Izzy may have grown taller than Tai (I don't know if this is the case in Tri. Haven't gotten around to it yet). The runt certainly had a growth spurt, at any rate.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Can't wait to see what they come up with, considering that tri ended up being nothing nore than a stall tactic because they couldn't crack this story immediately.

19. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:

Attached Files:

20. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Could Hawkmon and Armadillomon have ultimate and mega forms without DNA digievolution ?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019