Digimon Adventure Returns!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Paladin, Aug 1, 2014.

1. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
  2. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

well that is what Yamato is thinking as well which result in the conflict with Taichi in the show..

Taichi isnt willing to fight in populated area because of the damage the battle will cause.

Yamato is willing to fight because rampaging digimon is a huge threat if left unchecked.

Leomon and Hackmon actually show us a good solution to this problem which i hope someone in the story would catch it.

3. There D Hood

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    At the very least I acknowledge and appreciate that both sides are represented. I just feel that if this was written by those working on the original show, this wouldn't be the direction they'd take it considering the franchise's history. They've witnessed far worse and had no problem stepping up before.

Matt's logic makes complete sense in the context of the series so I don't know why they're dragging this out. When confronted this time, Tai just runs away. We know darn well Tai's going to fight so it's hard to care especially with this poor and slow execution. It also doesn't help that the Digidestined are being reactive instead of proactive like in Adventure.

Could you tell me the solution? Leomon hasn't said or done anything that made an impression and Hackmon hasn't said or done anything at all.

4. calvin0

well the last time Taichi fight a digimon in the real world is when he is just a kid.. and now he is a teenager.. he isnt willing to fight now just show me that he isnt the same reckless brat that he is used to be, he is thinking about the consequences of his action... in other words, character development.

not to mention the last time he fought a digimon in the real world is when Apocalymon actually trying to destroy the world.. so he had no choice but to fight.. not that much differ during the Alphamon battle.. he only take part because his friend are in danger of getting killed by Alphamon.

when Ogremon rampage, Leomon
    came down and drag it back into the digital world..

same with hackmon..
    he create an illusion (until they actually show ken being evil again, i'm going to assume he is the projection of hackmon) to kidnap meicoomon which resulting a huge battle between Imperidramon DM in the digimon world with Togemon and Gomamon which escalated to Imperidramon BM vs Rosemon and Vikemon... not only that, this battle also show that the chosen child can send their power from the real world to their partner digimon in the digital world..

so the solution is just send the infected digimon back to the digital world before engaging...

since the computer genius Takahiro created a digital space for digimon in his own private server.. they can also use that as main battle ground..

however before they can send the infected digimon back to digital world, they need to capture it 1st.. if they cant capture it without causing huge damage, it would make no differ if they send it back to digital world or not..

5. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

Given the situation I don't think being proactive currently is an option since they don't have a full grasp on the situation. I do, however, see them becoming more proactive as the series goes forward most likely starting with the third movie.

I do find Tai's hesitance to go into a fight funny considering how much damage the battle against VenomMyotismon caused over all. But at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if ontop of realizing how much danger other people were put in during that battle if Tai did develop a bit of PTSD from the events of Adventure 1 and 2 and just isn't willing to admit it yet.

I definitely feel like the series is picking up with the end of the movie 2 and I see things getting quite a bit more serious especially after
    Meicoonmon just straight up killed Redshirtmon er I mean Leomon and ran off at the end of the episode. Also the very real possibility that Ken is evil again and Imperialdramon might have been infected.

Overall I have to say I really enjoyed the first two movies even if they moved a bit slow at the start. Also I'm so glad they actually added in transformation sequences into the fight at the end of movie 2 since I found it super jarring in the first movie where Greymon and Garurumon were going from champion to ultimate to mega etc. off screen every few seconds. Also have to say I love that we're getting more of the Adventure 1 digimon's mega forms.

Also out of curiosity is Tri still slated to be a 6 movie series?

6. There D Hood

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    While he is thinking about the consequences, it's not going to lead to any path but fighting so this is technically pointless. You can call it character development, but it feels more of a regression that goes against the character we know. And it's not like he's gradually learning something. He keeps dodging the problem for no reason but to pad it out.

We already had him learn the consequences of his recklessness back with Etemon and his realization that if they die in the digital world, they'll really die. That's good character development because he learned from it and it added to his leadership skills. What's he learning in tri.? What's going to change except for the contrived problem forced onto him? Is the answer going to be anything but what Matt told him?

And to call him a brat is pretty offensive to his character. He might've started out like that in Adventure, but like most of the cast, he grew throughout his journey to be the hero and leader the team needed. That's what's missing here. Progression

We're a third of the way in. What was happening 1/3 into Adventure? World-building, new allies with Gennai and returning Digimon, bonding between partners, the defeat of a major enemy in Devimon, gathering the crests, and wrapping up Etemon. Yes, I know 1/3 of Adventure is more episodes, but how much has happened in tri.? Not even close to half of that.

Did you mean the last time Tai fought was Armageddemon? That was just two years ago.

Mimi intended to send Ogremon back from the start and there's no way that would've ended peacefully. And both times Leomon did it, it was from behind Ogremon's back. You can't expect every invader to be returned peacefully without any fighting. That's the C to an A, but the B may involve fighting. I think it's pretty obvious that they'd prefer to send guys back instead of destroy them. They already did that in 02 without this "fighting is bad" contrivance.

Also, my understanding is that the distortions aren't actually the digital world but an anomaly between it and the real world.

The Tai thing has been done to death so we'll have to agree to disagree. The rest as you said are assumptions that don't hold up until they're utilized if they're utilized.

The lack of being proactive I chalk up to bad writing. They were very proactive in Adventure. Yes, there is a lack of information in tri. not helped by Gennai talking to random humans over the Digidestined, but if the writers really wanted to, someone could've said the bathhouse and school festival stuff was obviously pointless and write in something plot-related and of substance. There's a clear problem with priorities here.

On six movies, I haven't heard anything different yet.

7. calvin0

well digimon tri is only 6 movies in total, which break into 4 episode for each movie... so the whole season is only 24 episode.. with 8 down, there is still 16 episode more to go for Taichi to either figure out how to fight the way he wanted or to side with Yamato.

something tell me that, it's time for them to go back into the digital world.

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    There's a lot of questions I have right now after seeing the new batch of episodes. For example why is Ken the Emperor again? Considering the development he went trough in Digimon Adventure 02 there needs to be a reason why he's like that that is if that's really him and not someone in disguise. Also I've hear that the 02 Digidestined were taken out was this really shown on screen or was it told offscreen?

On a lighter note I'm beginning to like Mimi more after this and good grief does Meiko end up being more adorable and awkward. :lol 

9. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

I'm gonna respond in spoiler tags just to try and avoid spoiling anything for people who didn't see it yet.

About 3 minutes into episode 1 we see shadowed figures that are clearly the 02 digidestined in on the ground after Cody and Ken falling in slow motion with one of the digivices is actually shown in detail and clearly Ken's as it falls to the ground too. None of their digimon are there hinting that they may have already been destroyed. Also Alphamon appears over them in the red sky.

So considering he was defeated in battle with the others its very likely its not actually Ken as the digimon emperor. So far the 01 cast (TK and Kari included) don't seem to even know that anything happened to the 02 cast yet.

10. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So, a new trailer for the part 3 showed an evo for Meicoomon:

[​IMG]

Looks pretty neat to me

11. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I think it looks like trash.

12. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

You're not wrong.

13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Where can we see the new trailer?

14. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  15. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

16. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
  17. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Interesting that they got Doug Erholtz in the cast, but he's not reprising T.K.

Can't complain about JYB, but still...

18. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. unsnaggedtea76

unsnaggedtea76 Well-Known Member

Only if they can get the original cast that didn't return to do it. I'd rather have the original cast redo it.

That's the part I find weird, they have TK's 02 VA involved, but he's voicing somebody else. I'd rather switch Johnny Yong Bosch with Doug Erholtz. That would make things much easier to use any returning cast rather than replacing the whole cast in general.

20. There D Hood

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Review of the dub screening. Anyone else go?

Prime Reactions – Digimon Adventure tri.: Reunion (English Dub)

It was a perfectly fine dub and it was great hearing some of the cast again. This additional viewing hasn't changed my opinion of tri. itself, but since it exists, I'm hoping this did well and they dub the rest.