Digimon Adventure Returns!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Paladin, Aug 1, 2014.

1. skyfire2006

skyfire2006 Well-Known Member

Are they on youtube

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I think some people were probably expecting way too much nostalgic callbacks and action from this.

As stated, this is the first of a 6 film series. It's meant to set up concepts and our characters, which they did. Alphamon is going to come back, we're going to learn about what happened to the 02 cast, the whole infected digimon thing is gonna be a major plot point, that government organization is going to play a role in all this, Meiko and Meicoomon will most likely do much more in later films now that they've been introduced, etc.

Personally I really liked this first film. I loved the modernized evolution sequences and how they still kept some traits from the original in there, such as the data stream coming down from the sky, them being spun around as they solidified and the text in the background. CG looked perfectly fine for it, too. I'm sure we'll be seeing more sequences next film, most likely for some Ultimate evolutions or some long-awaited warp digivolutions.

Also liked all the callbacks to Adventure 02 to show that it's still canon. Not just the kids in the beginning, but Gennai's younger form being teased and the Digidestined website TK visits. I'm assuming that everything up to Malomyotismon is still canon and that time skip ending will get retconned.

3. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So who's you're favorite of the original DigiDestined?

5. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Tie between tk and izzy, angemon and kabutarimon are awesome!!

6. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

just finish watching 1-4...

that is awesome... ah hahaha, luckily Hikari was part of the 01 cast otherwise she would be killed off with the rest of 02 cast...

also the story is quite similar to digimon x story where Omegamon go around killing digimon with X mutation..

Tailmon using Nekopunch on Alphamon, best moment ever!

7. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to say that Mimi is my favorite, she's just this little ball of innocence, cuteness, and Happiness. Even if she's kinda ditzy.

I also use to like Izzy but I only really liked him because Tentomon was my favorite of the main Rookies, and where Izzy goes he goes so...

8. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I really don't think the season 2 cast is dead. Seems super anti-climatic to kill them off screen.

9. unsnaggedtea76

unsnaggedtea76 Well-Known Member

10. skyfire2006

Is it suppose to to with the original cast who voiced them.

11. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    humans no, digimon yes

12. skyfire2006

So the humans will be played by a new human cast. Thanks for letting me know.

13. calvin0

OMG Episode 5, 6, 7, 8 is awesome...

Joe and Mimi finally got access to mega form of Gomamon and Palmon.. but i guess it's no surprise that their mega form is
    Vikemon and Rosemon

cant wait for Tailmon to become Holydramon once again...

14. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Lol I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, I felt the new episodes were worse than the first set, which weren't great either. They're just boring. And the story hasn't advanced hardly at all.

And the next one not being released until late September is annoying too.

15. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What's with all the filler? It's like a slice of life Digimon and that just doesn't work with all the shit that's going down. You can't just start the whole thing off with all the new DigiDestined from 02 getting wiped out, infected Digimon, Alphamon going berserk,
    Ken back to being the fucking Digimon Emperor
    and not explain like a damn thing.

16. calvin0

as if they are going to resolve everything in 4 episodes..

and they did explain or rather shine a light in some of the stuff.. for example... meicomon's role in the story and
    Ken and Imperidramon is probably an illusion\hologram from Hackmon, the silver digimon with a red cloak that been spying the chosen child

also meicomon and it's recent evolution reminded me of X Program from digimon X.

and the slice of life thing.. digimon adventure and adventure 02 are filled with them... considering that they are teenager, i dont see a problem for them having fun with their digimon.. it even a theme considering Joe
    skip all the slice of life things and as result.. gomamon runs away.

17. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I want to watch it, but I think I'm going to wait for all the episodes to come out (or at least more of them).

18. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I mean obviously everything won't be resolved before the end, but give me something. The character plots have been dumb to this point anyway. Tai being scared to fight? Yeah okay. Mimi's restaurant thing? Sure why not. Joe's has been the only interesting one, and it wasn't a new side of Joe, just more of what we already knew.

I dunno. I've been really disappointed with all they've done so far, especially leaving any action to the last half of the last episodes. Doesn't fit Digimon at all.

You're gonna be waiting until next year for sure then.

19. calvin0

he wasnt scared to fight.. he just worry that fighting would lead to more damage and lose life... and he got a point.. if they just leave the infected digimon alone, they barely cause any damage...

remember the 1st encounter? the infected Kuwagamon just flew around minding it's own business.. but when it got chased by Taichi.. it begin to rampage.

the same thing could be said with Alphamon... if they dont engage.. Venus Fort wont be destroyed by fighting with Omegamon.

and in recent episode that point is further proven when Togemon put everyone in danger with it's signature attack.

he just thinking about the big picture... a battle in the real world will cause long lasting damage... we arent watching Godzilla or Ultraman where the city is rebuild every week.

20. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    While I understand both sides, it's not very "Digimon" to just leave the infected Digimon alone. Neither Kuwagamon nor Ogremon were capable of carrying a conversation so without knowing what they're there for, they're threats especially Ogremon who Leomon's been watching BECAUSE of his destruction in the digital world.

Are you saying to leave them alone because the damage would've been minimal compared to the damage from fighting them?

Ogremon presumably destroyed Primary Village. What's to stop me from thinking he'd do the same thing to the real world if Leomon didn't take him back twice? If Ogremon just wanted to take a stroll in the real world, who cares?

Alphamon was a different story. He would've easily killed Meiko and Meicoomon. He came with the intent to kill even though like every other tri. enemy, he doesn't talk because of bad writing and unwillingness to move the story along.

It's a point I assume we'll agree to disagree on, but the conclusion will obviously be to fight the enemy. What's the point of adding this ambiguity to it? It's simply not interesting because it's done poorly and poops on the character development of the original Adventure. I didn't see all this PTSD with Venommyotismon and his tenure did way more damage than anything we've seen in tri.