Different ROTF Elita-1 for Japan

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AllSpark Ferret, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i'm thinking of doing that too... they'll be in better scale in vehicle mode... but it may also annoy me to know end to not have 3 deluxe bike sisters... maybe i can just repaint a damn arcee instead...

2. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    Having had chance to think about it, I'm really disappointed that she's still not deep purple. I regretted buying Arcee & Chromia, the combination is so horrible that Hasbro won't show it and now Elita-1 is still a repaint in the wrong colour; there's just no reason to buy her.

I'm also disappointed that the Japanese version of Sea Spray is in the same colours as the US release. I was hoping that it may have been Henkeified with yellow rather than gold and a more G1 accurate colour layout.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Maybe they realise that the Arcee bikes are not-so-great designs that makes really not-so-great toys and have a super not-so-great combined mode?

4. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

Partially on topic, partially off....but I'm still holding out hope that we eventually see the original Arcee design for the movie. In the commentary for ROTF, Orci and Kurtzman mentioned that Arcee had originally been planned to be a single bot with 3 motorcycles for an alt mode (as was originally rumored)...said the robot mode was essentially the 3 bikes stacked one atop the next and that they were disappointed the design was scrapped and replaced with the individual biker chicks.

5. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    you know...I probably won't buy her , I would better save for hailstorm.at least he looks cool

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This

I don't get it....How come Hasbro is screwing up with the bike sisters? Different models with different decos, The fact both versions of Elita-1 are repaints?

Atleast with the 3 pack they actually did it right.....:crazy: 

7. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    This makes sense to a degree since the arcee mold makes for great arms and torso while chromia makes the legs.

But I wonder how the two chromia's will work for a combined mode.

8. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Believe me people, if you're worried about the combined mode I've tried every possible combination and contortion I can think of using 2 Chromias and 1 Arcee, and 2 Arcees and 1 Chromia, and however you twist them it looks like crap. It would just be nice to get a deco of either of them IN THE RIGHT FRICKING COLOUR!

9. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, I prefer the Chromia repaint.

10. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    wonder if the combination will be affected by this change.

11. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I give up on this and our deluxe. I'll just get the Sideways set with the legends. They're atleast the proper color.

12. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

Still ugly as fuck :) 

13. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    ya i just dont understand. I have a feeling that sneek attack is hasbros gift to everyone about these bikes, someone at the office was like "look, we gotta give them something thats somewhat accurate' and the boss was all like "fine fine, look, we have a million sideways molds that never sold, lets throw 3 legends arcee that are painted different colours and a sideways, sell it for next to nothing and at least we saved money from having to bring them all to the dump!"

actually all joking aside, that looks like a decent damaged paint of sideways, i'll definately get this so i can at least stand 3 bikes together that make sense for the actual movie...

Attached Files:

14. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Meh.. seems like they're really abusing Elite-1.

Well that does it, I'll go for the Sneak Attack pack.
    Those triplets will complete my autobot NEST lineup.

15. ODarkThirty

ODarkThirty Mechannibal?Survey says..

So much for hoping they'd release a purple motorcycle to complete the deluxe sized triplets.

I'll be doing the same.

16. Astrotrain85

Astrotrain85 Watching and waiting.

They don´t combine?:banghead: :mad 

17. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh, they (the Deluxes) will combine, all right. It'll just look like the aftermath of a Hasbro cargo truck crash.

18. vslayerntx

vslayerntx Well-Known Member

As big of fan as I am of Arcee I was not a fan of the body concepts for the movie...so its the only thing that makes me ok with her death...it was a crappy look for her.......in any case between the chromia mold and the arcee mold the arcee was is better (if she is positioned right and not hanging off the side)....i dont like the disconnected torso of chromia.......anyway this takara repaint is bleh.....the glod doesnt look good with the purple in my opinion

19. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The perverse thing is the legends mold is that little bit more screen accurate because the spine can be twisted round so that it has that 'front-back' bend like all three had in the movie. Of course the CGI models all had torsos based on the Elita-1 design and none of toy molds have that... I suppose the three girls will go down in history as minor characters, and hindsight, given this and their colours, they probably would have been better off deciding to make one scout class mold and recolouring it from the start, just in the right colours!

20. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stupid toy with a stupid concept based on a stupid design from a really stupid movie.

I bought a deluxe Chromia on clearance and still think I overpaid for that piece of garbage. No way am I going to ever put out cash for any deluxe bike mold again.

I pity everyone who thought something halfway decent would come out of this mess.

Use the move #1 Arcee. 1 character, 1 nice design, no repaints, no ugly combination mode. Problem solved.