Different classes of toy-lines

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I've tried to strict my self to G1, Masterpieces, and Alternators. But recently I've started collecting a few ROTF figures.
    I'm confused by all the different type of classes of figures out there. Could somebody please post the line-up of different classes from the very simplest and smallest figures to the most complex and biggest ones? I think the biggest ones are the Leader class figures aren't they? Like the Starscream and Optimus Prime pictured in my collection?
    What is the best series to collect? Also, which ones are to scale with one another? For example, Prime to scale with smaller cars, Starscream to scale with Prime, etc'.
    I recently saw a very small Ravage, almost same size as original G1 cassette ravage and was tempted to purchase him as I thought he would've been at scale with other figures.

2. T@p-0uT

T@p-0uT Seeker

Cant help with the scale but.
    From smallest to largest

Legends
    Scouts
    Deluxes
    Voyagers
    Leaders
    Supreme

is all i know

3. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    Legend ~$4-$5, Scout ~$7-$9, Deluxe ~$12-$13, Voyager ~$20-$22, Ultra ~$25-$28, Leader ~$40-$45, Supreme ~$50, Combiner ROTF Devestator $100

4. Tigertrack

Supreme? I thought leaders were the biggest. I think that's what I have for Prime and Scream.

5. dkrolickm

Ebay:
    Leader Class ROTF Optimus Prime with Voyager Ironhide, Voyager or Deluxe Ratchet, Deluxe Bumblebee, Deluxe Sideswipe , Deluxe Jazz, etc work good for Autobot-only scale...
    You could go with deluxe Ironhide and voyager Prime for Decepticon scale... =p

6. dkrolickm

Ebay:
    They stopped using Supremes after Cybertron, but now they use the size for stuff like Roll Out Optimus Prime and The Bumblebee with the pullstring.

Supremes are awesome!
    Check out Armada Unicron or Cybertron Starscream for proof! :D 

Also:Yeah, your Prime and Scream are Leader Class. :p 

7. Tigertrack

This is what I've got so far:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All the boxes are gold in color except for the duel-pack which cam with Whirl and Bloodgent.

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    the size class really did not exist until beast wars as i believe until then they were organized in types such as the Minicars of G1 or the Gobots of G2.

the full list of size classes used are:

Legends
    Basic/Scout ( basically the same size class)
    Deluxe
    Mega/Voyager ( again basically the same class and as with Basic being replaced by Scout, Voyager has replaced Mega and Mega is no longer used)
    Ultra ( not currently in use )
    Leader Class
    Supreme

Not all of these are used in all lines the ultra class is mainly restricted to the Universe 2.0 and repaints in the 1st movie line and its use the future is a great unknown especially with the generation line being all deluxe class barring Hasbro changing their mind.

9. Tigertrack

I think my Leader Class Scream is too big, but I do love the detailing and he would fit in right with the Masterpieces.
    I think Leader Class Prime fits with the smaller bots.

10. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Here is a revised list:
    Mini-cons and drones (via Power Core combiners)
    Legends
    Scouts
    Deluxes
    Voyagers
    Ultras
    Combiners (price varies)
    Human Alliance
    Leaders
    Supremes
    Masterpieces
    Battle Ops
    Ultimates

Deluxe is the most popular which was why Generations is only Deluxe. Scale also varies. Some toys are not in scale with themselves like triple changer Classic Deluxe Octane. Use your own common sense when trying to figure scale. Human Alliance is the only current class with a common scale.

11. Tigertrack

When I say scale, it doesn't have to be mathematical precise, but should at least look believable when displayed together.

12. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I had to make some changes as some of what you listed are not actual size classes and they are toy lines or sublines or just a description for one toy in particular. Also Combiners are a toy type not size class. IMO of course.

13. influence82

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I treat assortment, size, and class the same like Hasbro. We can agree to disagree but I think there needs to be a uniform way to organize all the toys,
    Trying to classify all toys is difficult which was why I came up with a system to help people determine what goes where. It is just a guide but at least it is better than nothing:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ify-transformers-toys.html?highlight=classify

14. influence82

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]
    Also of note, the Combiners Devastator does not have the word "Supreme" anywhere printed on the package. Despite this, people commonly call it Supreme Devastator, as it was referred to as Supreme by Hasbro designers before it was produced.