Differences in G1 to Ehobby Cassettes

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Killa-B-Killed, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Killa-B-Killed

Killa-B-Killed Material Handler

I am sure 99% of people on here know the differences, and it has probably been discussed more than once. If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

2. Killa-B-Killed

Guess I need to buy the EHobby releases and compare. Hard to believe that someone asking "what does misb mean" had several responses, and nobody has an answer on this????

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    What, the Cobalt Sentry cassettes? Other than them being blue, no difference I can recall.

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Were the Kiss Play cassettes ehobby too? I think the only difference there is the color as well.

5. Killa-B-Killed

My mistake......the encore cassettes that look just like the vintage releases. I just bought a large lot of cassettes and some look too minty to be 25 years old.

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Cassette reissues have been all across the board, between Encore, SDCC, TRU and TFC. Geez, I must have five or six Ravages, at least, just to name one toy. Plus since they store so well being so compact, sometimes even left within a Soundwave or Blaster, they might not see storage wear the way other vintage toys might. Plus there have been KOs.

Can you post up some pics? It might come down to chrome wear on the weapons to help date them.

7. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    Well first of all is the stickers, all the stickers have been replaced by tampograph in the encore(at least the rumble/frenzy ones) I have not really opened them to verify I will do it tonight and post more if none else has.

8. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    If you're talking about Frenzy and Rumble, they are completely new molds compared to the originals. It's most obvious by looking at the head and several other body parts. For Laserbeak, he features different colored paint (other versions have different colored stickers - they're lighter). The paint is more orange. Every Laserbeak and Ravage released in Japan is some how different than the previous reissue of the same character (these changes were intentional as to be able to tell the difference).

Randy

9. Killa-B-Killed

Thanks for the info. I was most worried about Slugfest and Overkill.
    Try to post some pics later.

10. jasonmako

jasonmako Voyager

News Credits:
  11. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Slugfest has much lighter purple/pink and I think the eye color changed on Overkill (this I'm unsure of though).

Randy