Did you like Megatrons fingers ? -poll

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Meggamus, Sep 29, 2011.

?

Did you like his tf1 and rotf style hands or would you have preferred 'normal' dotm s

1. I preferred the dotm style hand

33 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. I don't really mind

22 vote(s)
    35.5%
  3. I preferred the TF1/ROTF hands

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

In the movies megatron has always had long spindly fingers. He couldn't use them in a fight cos they couldnt be clenched to a fist properly, in the forest battle in rotf , Megatron never punched prime and the same in the first movie.

It was only in the third movie, we see him with a normal right hand.

It may be a pointless question but they were pretty useless , except from looking sinister

So , did you like his tf1 and rotf style hands or would you have preferred 'normal' dotm style hands?

2. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

I didn't like his fingers. They were only good for grabbing Sam.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Of course they can be balled into a fist. He makes fists all the time. In TF1 he punches his way out of the building he and Sam were in and you clearly see them balled into fists. In ROTF he clenchs his right hand into a fist as he tells Sam he wants to kill him. It's focused on. And useless? In TF1 he was grabbing Prime and tossing him around with ease, ripping and clawing at him. Those things were dealing massive damage. If anything his normal hand in DOTM is more useless, since he never punches with it and he only uses it to hold his gun, which he could do with his old hands anyway. Plus he can't pin a human down and tortue them with his "normal" DOTM hand, which just goes to show how much more useful his old hands were for detail work and manipulating small objects.

4. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

Yeah but a gun does more damage than fingers, and I don't think those old TF1 and ROTF fingers could hold a gun. They were too long and weird.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's kinda funny how his right makeshift arm is less clusterfucky looking than his normal left hand.

I actually kinda liked the tiny sub fingers on his normal hand he used to pin Sam down with though. Being able to hold a gun doesn't matter when practically all the robots have weapons built into them except in DOTM probably to advertise Mechtech.

6. Meggamus

I say that his hands were useless cos he never used them as fists, and it didn't look like they could be used properly as one as it was to clusterfu.....
    .....if ya get my drift

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That is a flimsy excuse and you know it. In TF1 he held a single-wield gun AND had the massive cannon formed from both arms, and in ROTF his entire right arm became a gun. It's not like he either had to use his bare hands or a gun before. He's had a gun in every body no matter the hands. Comparing the hands themselves the TF1/ROTF hands were far more useful and capable. And of course he can hold a gun with his old hands. They're really no bigger than his DOTM hand and he has MORE fingers on his old hands, which would make gripping a gun more stable. Plus they weren't all long, some were normal length, it was really his "middle" figer that was long, and you don't pull a trigger with your middle finger anyway.

Dude, I just pointed out two specific instance where he did use them as fists. And even if he didn't use them as fists how does that make them useless? Do you only use your hands as fists.

And again, your argument makes no sense since he never used his new DOTM hand as a fist either, which by your deffinition makes it useless as well.

I don't catch your drift, because you just sort of... I don't know what you said. His hands aren't a clusterfuck, they're one large finger flanked by two thinner, shorter fingers that split halfway up with a "thumb" on each side of the hand, each finger ending in a little "claw" for grasping.

And besides all this, his new hand isn't even a proper hand either. It's a finger short, it lacks a joint in each finger and it's chubbier than a human's hand, meaning he couldn't hold regular guns with it either, only his shotgun.

8. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I really don't.

9. Meggamus

I mean he didn't use them to punch anyone , he was alright punching through a roof in TF1 and such cos the roof was only thin compared to big robots ,but they didn't look right to be useful for punching bots ,
    I don't kno that's jst wat I observed :lolol 
    Sorry for any confusion :eek: 

10. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

[​IMG]DOTM megatron hands one of his hands have those fingers from the past 2 films and the other one is more chubby like and human like

11. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Feels like more of a threat with those fingers.

12. Rampage01

Rampage01 knockoff of a knockoff

TF1 he had a flail. ROTF he had a blade. Those beat punches any day.

13. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

I always wondered how he was able to pick anything up with those.

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I think it's more like what he can't pick up. Those hands could wrap around just about anything!

15. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    He didn't need to. His guns were built-in.

Until Hasbro came up with..mechtech..

16. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I used to hate them, but for this version of Megatron, they worked. But if there's ever going to be a reboot, I hope they go with the more normal claws from DOTM.

17. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I thought they were unique, and it never got in the way of taking care of business.

18. LUGNUT1995

LUGNUT1995 TFWiki info gatherer

I thought it was cool that Ol' Megsy got a new, better looking hand. I did like the idea of him having one of each, though I never like his weird clawy things. And his new "Shotgun" really suited his new look.

[​IMG]

19. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

In ROTF he defiantly seemed handicapped in terms of fighting prime in a fist fight, he seemed 2 suffer from being rebuilt with weaker decepticon parts. While the first film it was megatron at his best, a powerful built body quick and could block prime's hits, and go on the counter attack and over power optimus

20. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

He held the shotgun in his left hand TWICE in the movie. Your logic is flawed