Did you like bay-action?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Desacrator

Desacrator Well-Known Member

It was good. for me personally I'm all in for the 07,rotf,dotm designs,action,soundtracks.

2. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

I think Bay works best at least with practical effects

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Bay action can be good but the problem arises when everyone is grey, silver or black in color tones. Sure, it's kind of unrealistic to have multi-colored Seekers in G1 - but the point of it is to tell who is who. Without the colors in the Bay movies, everything was globs of spikey metal shooting and hitting other globs of spikey metal.

Take the colors in Bumblebee and apply them to Bay action and you'd get a better Bay movie overall.

• Like Like x 2
  4. EmceeDel

EmceeDel Well-Known Member

I really enjoy the action for the most part in the 2007 film. Especially during the Battle of Mission City. There is a grit to it and the low angle shots really give you an immersive feel. The sequels have more hit and miss. Some good action in ROTF and DOTM but AOE and TLK were messy imo.

5. Primus Productions

Primus Productions Defender of the bayverse Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    In terms of the raw fighting and violence itself, yes it was really entertaining. Did I enjoy the overly shaky camera angles that came with it? Eh, not so much.

• Like Like x 4
  7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I liked it at first, how messy and visceral it was. After a while the fights lost weight, the characters just swung their limbs like cudgels and blatantly defied gravity in ways my brain could no longer suspend disbelief on. The action is just silly, and the fact that characters ragdoll or just fall to pieces upon death is weak.

Bumblebee, surprisingly, did Bay action so much better. Blitzwing and Dropkick fought like brutes relative to their size, while Bumblebee was more nimble and quick, and Shatter's brief fight had her fighting like a martial arts expert. (and then she just beats the shit out of him in anger) Each character felt like the fought distinctly, and the action was clear and over the top but never silly. When Lockdown threw Bumblebee in AOE it was like Bumblebee had no weight and could be held in one hand, when Dropkick did it he had to hoist him over his shoulder and slammed him into the ground in this big brutal swing that made both characters feel heavy.

The action in Bay's films felt token and meaningless with the exception of the TF1 battles and the forest fight. Maybe because in TF1 the battles were less frequent until the end, and the forest fight was just a masterfully staged engagement that had actual plot and character significance. I think of the Hong Kong battle in AOE and any battle from TLK and just wonder what I'm supposed to feel while watching them?

• Like Like x 8
  8. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    Tired

• Like Like x 6
  9. energoncake

energoncake The One And Only

The action is really good in this films, Bay gave them a unique touch I haven't seen in any other action movies, and yeah, Bumblebee action was kinda lame, but not exactly boring for me

• Like Like x 2
  10. RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood

RevengeOfTheFallenIsGood #BacktoBaysics

YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Yeah it wasn’t boring per se but more not my type

11. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 Gone for some milk

News Credits:
    Yeah I thought it was cool.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ironhidepunk

ironhidepunk Active Member

I really enjoy the bay action. I love watching robots beating the scrap out of each other, and Michael Bays fight scenes are incredible, but the plot of bumble bee is great. If bay style action is in a bee style movie, then count me in!

The new designs of Dino, ironhide and starscream are epic, but they could have done better with weeljack/que.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  13. PlasticResinHeroes

PlasticResinHeroes Toy Photographer

Instagram:
    Loved the cinematography & bot designs in Bayverse movies.

• Like Like x 8
  14. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I love it (forest fight, autobots vs brawl, highway chase) and sometimes its incoherent and awful (bumblebee vs barricade, optimus vs megatron and the fallen, optimus vs galvatron) overall I think bumblebee did much better action by incorporating transformation in the fight and having bumblebee use his wit to defeat the brawn.

15. ironhidepunk

ironhidepunk Active Member

Just a few examples of transformation in a fight from the bay verse; ironhide vs brawl, star scream vs f22 raptors, sideswipe and arcee sisters vs sideways.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  16. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    1st movie I liked, Dark of the Moon, so so. The rest? :confused2 

17. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

In the bayverse it's the exception rather than the rule while they always use it in bumblebee, plus they use it in more unique ways. For example the autobots vs brawl fight, the transformation in combat was just a reference to the 86 movie and in the Shanghai scene it was used just to crash through 2 or 3 buildings

18. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

Yeah I do enjoy the action, but I can see why a lot dont. I watched there entire series with my friends and some of them actually get sick watching the fight scenes. Lots of them are either too close were a firs view could be confusing on who is who, sometimes its angles in a way that mores the whole scene all wonky, and hell, sometimes its completely offscreen (Boo!). Whenever Mr. Michael fired wide action shots was only when I really got fired up. Ya know, when you can actually see all the action and the camera being taped to an rapidly spinning washing machine?

I will say all the (2) Bumblebee fights scenes were at least fully viewable and understandable. I'd like to see a full Transformers film shot in the same style with Travis again at the helm.

19. Wheeljack84

Wheeljack84 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I never liked it, and I could never comprehend what was going on.

20. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

Super close up fights are harder to follow but most of the wide shots look spectacular on the big screen.

It's interesting to see little easter eggs hidden inside the chaotic action scenes.

• Like Like x 1