Did you ever buy a Has/Tak toy when you learned a 3P add on was coming?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't planning on buying the CW Combaticons until I saw the dedicated PE hands and feet for them. Now I've got the four limb bots and will be on the hunt for Onslaught in the coming weeks...

2. 8bitboy

8bitboy Well-Known Member

Pretty much this except way less CW Primes. It's the prime reason (no pun intended) I've been frequenting the forums lately.

3. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tend to wait and see which looks better. Not surprisingly I usually end up with the 3p version.

4. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Sadly I've had the opposite happen. There's about three figures where I felt like FansProject releasing an addon actually kept me from getting a figure I wanted. The most notable case was ROTF Bruticus. I honestly never cared to G1ify him and just wanted the set. Unfortunately unlike Superion whom I easily found (and on sale to boot) I never managed to find ROTF Bruticus in store and the ebay prices shot him up to $250 (with maybe a $150 minimum without the add on). I've finally managed to get one for like 80$ or so used with everything (including the packaging) but it's taken five years. On the other hand SG Rodimus and Megatron as well as Henkei Wildrider, which were already prohibitively expensive for me seemed to skyrocket thanks to the Shadow Scythe add on.

5. Uninvited Ghost

Uninvited Ghost Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have gotten CW Devy without the 3P options.

6. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    kinda in a roundabout way. I wouldn't have gotten Maketoys QUantron if CW Scattorshot wasn't such a piece of Shit

7. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One!

Ebay:
    No, never.

8. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i bought a Solar Storm Grapple in anticipation of Wheeljack's upgrade kit but it never came out so i sold it

9. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never collect Bayformers... But I bought the AOE Evasion mode Optimus Prime specifically for the DX9 addon kit.

10. valkfan

valkfan Nova Storm Lives!

No, but I have canceled Takara MP Hot Rod 2.0 when I learned about FansToys Hoodlum.

TBH, I was buying this as a gift for my brother who hates Hot Rod. I also bought him a Jar Jar Binks back in the day, so he would have expected it.

11. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, one of the main reasons why I double tipped into the CW/UW combiners is because of the add-on parts.

But I'm skipping the CW Devastator add-on because the UW is fine with me. Maybe if CW/UW Devy wasn't so oversized as compared to the other Gestalts, I would have appreciated it more and 'enhanced it'.

Like many of you guys/gals most of the time I dabble into 3P is because the official product isn't up to standard.

12. Gaigaan Dnok

Gaigaan Dnok King of Daikaiju

Kind of.
    I bought the CW Stunticons after liking what I saw with Boldforms' Lone Wolf figure. I had no desire to get the Hasbro Menasor as it was shown, but I love Lone Wolf with the CW limbs.

13. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely Battle Core OP and Grand Scourge for the SND sets. Need Nova and Nemesis Prime!

14. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

I can honestly say I wouldn't have bought the combiner wars combiners without the add on feet. The hands are fine, but the feet are awful.

15. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

This morning I finally broke down and ordered CW Devastator in anticipation of the DNA upgrade set which I think will give me the best bang for my buck. I waited til the Unite Warriors Devy came out to make my decision and since mine will spend 99% of the time combined, the differences between the Hasbro and Takara arent enough to justify the price difference.

16. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

Generations Nightbeat for Beelzeboss' Untraceable Pieces. That and I like Nightbeat in IDW.

17. ssmokdu

ssmokdu Member

This
    And this.

And I bought the hasbro/fansproject bruticus only because of the lift kit coming out this month. The retooling and repainting of CW Bruticus bots does nothing for me.

18. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I seriously considered getting Universe Cyclonus off TFSource when I saw the upgrade kit that came with Rear End (even if the colors wouldn't quite match).

19. bullettrain

bullettrain Master Investigator

News Credits:
    This was my reasoning as well.

I didn't want to pay a whole bunch of money and have half a set I'm not using (as Cogwheel sleeps in the packaging...).

20. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    so many to name, lets see, Rodimus Crystal bcuz of FP, Nemesis Prime for FP Shadow Commander, looking for CW Bruticus bcuz of the add-ons, ooh FOC Bruticus for the add-ons but I never bought the add-ons, I missed the microblaze like an idiot